Windows 10: This PC: missing flash drive, not showing 2nd drive as a bitlocked

Discus and support This PC: missing flash drive, not showing 2nd drive as a bitlocked in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This has happened before, then went a way after a while and several restarts. Now it's back. My Computer (aka "This PC"), under "Devices and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by frozenbase, May 21, 2016.

1. This PC: missing flash drive, not showing 2nd drive as a bitlocked

This has happened before, then went a way after a while and several restarts. Now it's back.

My Computer (aka "This PC"), under "Devices and Drives", does not show my SD card that is inserted, though I can navigate to it by manually typing H:\. I also can find it my using File Explorer to look at the Desktop (but ONLY if I navigate by starting at This PC and then going up to the Desktop), where it appears with an icon like it's an external drive (it's built into my laptop).

Meanwhile, certainly related to the same root cause, my D drive, which is encrypted as a Bitlocked drive, is missing the lock icon. Before this issue, upon a fresh computer start, I could see the lock closed, double-click it, and it would prompt for the password. Now, it shows no lock, and double-click simply results in a pop-up saying the drive cannot be accessed or something. I can, however, right-click on it, manage bitlocker, and get to the prompt that way to unlock it. Once unlocked, it does not show the unlocked lock icon either. Pic attached.

What's going on? Can anyone help?

:)

frozenbase, May 21, 2016

2. Files inside exFAT formatted USB flash drive are missing.

Recently I bought a new 64GB USB flash drive from eBay. The files I saved inside the USB flash drive are missing once I plugged in to the PC. But the flash drive properties shows as the used space is almost 30GB. Is there any method to recover the missing
    files? I've almost tried plugging the flash drive in a MacBook and a PC running Windows 7. But can't get the data inside that.

Mushthaq Mush, May 21, 2016
  3. BitLocker on Windows 10 Home edition

Windows 10 Home addition CAN read and write to bitlocker drives BUT you must create those drives on another Windows 8 Pro or 10 Pro computer. For example: I want to use a secure USB flash drive to carry around and use on all of my computers. I first
    create USB flash drive - bitlocker password on another Windows 8 or Windows 10 Pro computer and then all of my windows 7, 8, 10 computers can fully use that USB flash drive. Windows 10 Home addition can't MAKE bitlocker drives.

PeteZuroff, May 21, 2016
Thema:

This PC: missing flash drive, not showing 2nd drive as a bitlocked

1. This PC: missing flash drive, not showing 2nd drive as a bitlocked - Similar Threads - missing flash drive

2. Bitlocker trashed flash drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker trashed flash drives?: Hi Today I encrypted two small USB flash drives on a Windows 10 computer. Both those drives seem to have been trashed by the process. If I plug one in, an error window pops up saying to insert the drive, in this case d and e. But obviously they are already inserted. In disk...
  3. Bitlocker trashed flash drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker trashed flash drives?: Hi Today I encrypted two small USB flash drives on a Windows 10 computer. Both those drives seem to have been trashed by the process. If I plug one in, an error window pops up saying to insert the drive, in this case d and e. But obviously they are already inserted. In disk...
  4. Bitlocker trashed flash drives?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bitlocker not showing up for 2nd drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker not showing up for 2nd drive?: So, I successfully encrypted one of my external HDDs. Today, I was planing to encrypt my 2nd external HDD but the option is not showing up. How can I activate it? submitted by /u/noobatanything [link] [comments]...
  6. Bitlock adding 2nd drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlock adding 2nd drive: Hello, I have a laptop which is bit locked. I do not have the bit locker key or password, but I have a 6 digit PIN. I can start the laptop successfully with the pin and login to Windows 10. If I add a 2nd internal hard drive, which is say already formatted to FAT32, or...
  7. Bitlocker on USB flash drive

Bitlocker on USB flash drive: I have a 256GB USB Micro flash drive that I have plugged into my laptop Microsoft Laptop 3 running Windows 10 Professional. While I was working today it got locked by BitLocker somehow. I have used this drive for months and it's never been a problem nor did I ever used...
  8. Bitlocker on USB flash drives

Bitlocker on USB flash drives: I read through the below tutorial on how to encrypt USB removable data drives. Turn On or Off BitLocker for Removable Data Drives in Windows 10 However, I just wanted to know if it would be best practice to add the data BEFORE or AFTER encrypting a USB removable drive using...
  9. USB Flash Drive with Bitlocker

USB Flash Drive with Bitlocker: I tried to use bitlocker on a USB Flash drive and about half way through we had a power bump and my PC restarted. Now I can't access the drive. I tried to use bitlocker again but right clicking does not offer bitlocker any more. Is the drive toast or can I retrieve the data I...
  10. Create bitlocker key on a flash drive?

Create bitlocker key on a flash drive?: [img] I am locked out of my Surface Pro 3 which requires the bitlocker key. I do have the key but the blue screen asks for it on a USB flash drive. It says to hit Esc or the Windows key for more options but nothing responds if I do that. I don't have it on a flash drive...