Windows 10: This PC, Pictures and Video Folder issue

Discus and support This PC, Pictures and Video Folder issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have recently looked at the folders in "This PC" where you have pictures, music, , documents, etc. The label for both the Video folder and Picture... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RonV42, Dec 4, 2015.

1. RonV42 Win User

This PC, Pictures and Video Folder issue

I have recently looked at the folders in "This PC" where you have pictures, music, , documents, etc. The label for both the Video folder and Picture folder is both "Pictures". The location in properties show both linked to the physical pictures location on my drive (D:"account"\pictures). So I have two questions:

• How to rename these two icons to make one Pictures and the Videos?
    • How to fix the issue where updating one with the location changes the other?

I am attaching a picture showing what I am currently seeing.

This PC,  Pictures and Video Folder issue [​IMG]

:)

RonV42, Dec 4, 2015
  2. Vasile M. Win User

music and videos

Hi tejiriodogunn,

Thanks for the forum entry,

if I understand the issue correctly, the videos that you receive are saved in the picture hub.

That is by design. Usually videos get saved on the Picture hub depends on the videos itself.

Mostly if they are camera recordings.

if you want them to show up on the video folder, then you need to sync them via the pc and select the video folder.

Best Regards,

Vasile M., Dec 4, 2015
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Upload from Windows 10 "Photos" to folder on PC

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

Did you check the pictures library in Windows Explorer?

The Photos app shows the photos and videos in the Pictures library
    on your PC and on OneDrive. The Pictures library is primarily your Pictures folder, but can also include external drives, shared network folders and other folders on your PC.

Please revert if you face any issues with Windows in future.

Jessen P, Dec 4, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Try this: right click on the folder that is incorrect and select the Location tab, then Restore Default. This should change the name and when you click OK it should sort it out. If it asks: Do you want to create it? Click: Yes.

philc43, Dec 6, 2015
  5. RonV42 Win User
    Nope tried that already. The path changes for both of them when you try on either of them. Somewhere in the registry this information is maintained, just can find it. I wish there was a way to re-register the known folders without a full system reset.

RonV42, Dec 6, 2015
  6. philc43 Win User
    If you are happy changing the registry then here is the location where you can check the settings:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

Here is what it should look like:

This PC,  Pictures and Video Folder issue [​IMG]

philc43, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. This PC, Pictures and Video Folder issue - Similar Threads - Pictures Video Folder

2. this pc is not showing folders like Pictures, videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this pc is not showing folders like Pictures, videos: this pc is not showing folders like Pictures, videos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pc-is-not-showing-folders-like-pictures/718d910b-f46f-4303-b7be-66ff37e88db8
  3. this pc is not showing folders like Pictures, videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    this pc is not showing folders like Pictures, videos: this pc is not showing folders like Pictures, videos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pc-is-not-showing-folders-like-pictures/718d910b-f46f-4303-b7be-66ff37e88db8
  4. Videos and music folder both named pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos and music folder both named pictures: Hello Sir!Today I thought I would get round to the task of moving my user files documents, downloads, pictures etc. to my second hard drive. But due to some reason I am facing a problem that my Videos and Music folders both are named Pictures in Windows 11. I have rebooted my...
  5. Music and Pictures folder issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Music and Pictures folder issue: Hello. My HDD with my files was dying, so I got a new drive. I had changed the location in properties from my C drive to the now drive before. I copy and pasted all my music, photos, and documents to the new drive. I then removed the old drive, and changed the drive letter of...
  6. How to remove duplicate video files in Pictures and Videos folders?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove duplicate video files in Pictures and Videos folders?: I probably have thousands of duplicate video files in 2 locations (Videos and Pictures sub-folders). Is it possible to remove without installing 3rd party app? If not, which app do you recommend? submitted by /u/zacce [link] [comments]...
  7. phantom videos and pictures folder keep popping in

in Windows 10 Support
    phantom videos and pictures folder keep popping in: Actually, there are issues, again. I have removed all "user folders" from windows explorer, using appropriate 64-bit registry hacks from here:How to Remove the Folders From “This PC” on Windows 10 However, phantom "videos" and "pictures" folder keep popping in, like this:...
  8. Pictures & Video Folders

Pictures & Video Folders: Hi there, i wonder if anyone can help me. for some reason my Picture & Video folders have the same name see below & if i try & change they adopt the same name, info and files, any ideas anybody. [ATTACH]...
  9. Picture and Video folder

Picture and Video folder: Is there a way to combine the default pictures and video folders? Or just delete one of them?[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-and-video-folder/95cae7c2-16bf-4994-8a38-a09c7f32334a"
  10. Videos folder stuck inside of the Pictures folder

Videos folder stuck inside of the Pictures folder: My Videos folder is stuck inside of my Pictures folder. I have tried to move the location using the properties tab but it keeps saying the folder is inside of the Pictures folder. I have also tried to create a new folder and name it videos and then try to move the location to...