Windows 10: This PC view of disk drives not showing percent of drive used

Discus and support This PC view of disk drives not showing percent of drive used in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I get my Windows 10 machine to show percent of drive used by default? I miss the old pie chart view that showed by default how much space I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rocks911, Jul 8, 2017.

1. rocks911 Win User

This PC view of disk drives not showing percent of drive used

How do I get my Windows 10 machine to show percent of drive used by default?

I miss the old pie chart view that showed by default how much space I had on a drive. How do I configure that in W10?

:)

rocks911, Jul 8, 2017

2. Windows 10 Defrangmentation and Optimization

The Microsoft optimizing tool on my hp laptop running Windows 10 Pro tests for fragmentation. The SYSTEM hard drive disk (not C, not Recovery, not HP_Tools) shows 17 percent fragmented and declares the need to defragment. Defragmenting SYSTEM drops it
    immediately to 8 percent but no farther. It has been this way since installing Windows 10. Why does the Microsoft tool state that the SYSTEM disk needs defragmenting? Is it an error in my system or is the tool showing information that is not important?

Richard Jr Elwell, Jul 8, 2017
  3. moek3405 Win User
    After upgrading from Windows7 to Windows10 my PC’s (HDD) Hard Disk Drive is defined in W-10 as Media Type = Solid State Drive (SSD). W-10 is working OK

Good morning/evening Deepika, Thanks for the prompt reply.

When notified the W-10 Windows upgrade was downloaded and installed.

View Drive Status on the Optimize Drive window.

My Desktop PC was running slower and I tried to run W-10 Defragmentation/Optimization. The “Optimize Drive Status Window” showed 4 Drives [ C: OS, D: RECOVERY, SYSTEM, ? volume] with “Media Type=Solid State Drive” and “Current Status=Optimization not available
    “. These 4 drives are physically on a Seagate Hard Disc Drive

I checked the W-10 “Optimize Drive Status Window” on other PCs with Hard Disk Drives and they show “Media Type = Hard disk drive”.

The resulting problem is W-10 will not let me Defrag the Hard disk drives because they are defined as SSDs.

Thanks for your support.

moek3405, Jul 8, 2017
  4. This PC view of disk drives not showing percent of drive used

This PC view of disk drives not showing percent of drive used [​IMG]

All mine show is the above and if you right click and choose properties you will see a similiar pie chart

This PC view of disk drives not showing percent of drive used [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jul 8, 2017
Thema:

This PC view of disk drives not showing percent of drive used

1. This PC view of disk drives not showing percent of drive used - Similar Threads - view disk drives

2. Disk 100 percent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk 100 percent: Disk 100 precent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-100-percent/0998ef7c-d8b1-4a49-8f10-ede79277eaba
  3. Hard Disk Drive not showing/appearing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Disk Drive not showing/appearing.: Hello Community! My laptop has 1 SSD Window is installed in it and 1 HDD For all of the storage. A few days ago, when I turned on my laptop, my HDD didn't appear on This PC. I tried unchecking and rechecking the Sata 1, 2 & 3 from BIOS but nothing works. When unchecked, the...
  4. Hard Disk Drive not showing/appearing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Disk Drive not showing/appearing.: Hello Community! My laptop has 1 SSD Window is installed in it and 1 HDD For all of the storage. A few days ago, when I turned on my laptop, my HDD didn't appear on This PC. I tried unchecking and rechecking the Sata 1, 2 & 3 from BIOS but nothing works. When unchecked, the...
  5. Disk Defragmenter shows other drives not visible in "This PC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Defragmenter shows other drives not visible in "This PC": Hi there. I would like to ask for anyone's thoughts. I've recently checked my Defragmenter. I'm using Windows 11 on a Dell Latitude 5400 Laptop. Would like to make sure my laptop is running well and does not have any virus. Upon checking "Advanced View" in my defragmenter, it...
  6. Disk Defragmenter shows other drives not visible in "This PC"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Defragmenter shows other drives not visible in "This PC": Hi there. I would like to ask for anyone's thoughts. I've recently checked my Defragmenter. I'm using Windows 11 on a Dell Latitude 5400 Laptop. Would like to make sure my laptop is running well and does not have any virus. Upon checking "Advanced View" in my defragmenter, it...
  7. Drive : D not showing in "This PC"

Drive : D not showing in "This PC": Hi , My Drive : D is not Showing anywhere and i even looked in the "Disk Management" and it is still no where to be found I even tried running the Microsoft Safety Scanner and it didn't find anything wrong . I tried rescanning disks and the Drive : D was no where to be found...
  8. Hard disk drive not show

Hard disk drive not show: Why local disk E drive space do not show? Please help me. My genuine windows and documents were in this E drive. Now windows installed in C drive SSD. Please give me some replay how can i get my documents and show disk space....
  9. External hard drive is showing up as local disk drive

External hard drive is showing up as local disk drive: For some reason it changed from USB Drive to Local Disk. Now i cant use a Label Name (like MyDrive). I try to change the drive Letter and still nothing happen. When i plug the USB Driver to an other computer i see it again as a local driver. If i go to Properties -> Label...
  10. Drive is not showing in disk management but showing in my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drive is not showing in disk management but showing in my computer: While expanding my C drive it may delete Ubuntu U drive on my computer,but the space is not unallocated by that drive. Now i want to completely delete that volume (U) but it is not showing in disk management. Also it is shown in my computer but it is not opening and also not...