Windows 10: This PC's processor doesn't support a critical feature (NX)."

Discus and support This PC's processor doesn't support a critical feature (NX)." in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, When i try to upgrade W7 to W10 I get the no NX message. I've run CoreInfo and my CPU supports NX, SEE2 e.t.c mentioned on plenty of google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bridgeworks, Jun 26, 2016.

1. This PC's processor doesn't support a critical feature (NX)."

Hi there,
    When i try to upgrade W7 to W10 I get the no NX message.
    I've run CoreInfo and my CPU supports NX, SEE2 e.t.c mentioned on plenty of google search pages.
    My Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite Pro P300
    CPU is a Intel T9550,
    Have no idea what the motherboard is.
    The Phoenix Bios is very limited surrounding CPU features,
    I have execute-Disable bit capability enabled,
    Intel Virtualization Tech enabled, tried disabled as well.

A link to my laptop specs
    Support :: Toshiba :: Computers, Laptops/Notebooks, Tablets, Televisions, DVD and Blu-Ray Players, Camcorders, Storage, Accessories, and more

Help, I've tried all sorts of suggestions, has anyone overcome this problem?
    Thanks

:)

bridgeworks, Jun 26, 2016

2. CPU does not support Windows 10

Some old processors do not support 64 bit Windows 10. You might have to consider downgrading to Windows 10 32 bit instead.

To install Windows 10 on your PC, the processor (CPU) must support the following features: Physical Address Extension (PAE), NX, and SSE2. Most CPUs have support for these features, so if you receive this error, it is likely because the NX feature is not
    enabled on your system.

NX is not a listed instruction.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 26, 2016
  3. Although CPUs are PAE, NX, and SSE2 compatible, I keep receiving the message that they are not supported by Windows 10, during upgrade process from Windows 7.

Dear Anju Thekkethil:

Thank you for your helpful response. I tried to install windows 10 by using the ISO file, but it didn’t work.

When I tried to install it on the computer that works with the two 3.8 GHz Intel Xeon processors, the following message appeared: “This PC's processor doesn't support a critical feature (PrefetchW)”.

When I repeated the process on the computer equipped with the two 3.4 GHz Intel Xeon processors, I had these two messages:

“This PC's processor doesn't support a critical feature (PrefetchW)”.

“This PC's processor doesn't support a critical feature (LAHF/SAHF)”.

On the computer with the Athlon 64 X2 (T) 4200+ 2.2 GHz processor, this message appeared:

“This PC's processor doesn't support a critical feature (CompareExchange128)”.

I used Coreinfo software on the three computers, and according to it, all the processors support those features, so there shouldn’t be any problem with the upgrade. I read on the Internet that these parameters are possibly disabled in the BIOS; however
    my BIOS setup utilities don’t show any menus or other options to enable them although they are the latest versions.

Please let me know if there are any further methods to solve this problem.

Thank you very much for your help.

Esteban Valencia

Esteban Andrés Valencia Argüello, Jun 26, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

This PC's processor doesn't support a critical feature (NX)."

Have you tried 32 bit Windows 10?

NavyLCDR, Jun 26, 2016
  5. bobkn Win User
    Mysterious.

Based on the available downloads, it appears that Toshiba supports Win 8.1 X64 on the laptop, which means that Win 10 X64 probably should be OK.

How are you doing the upgrade? If it's through Windows Update, maybe you'd have better luck with the Media Creation Tool or an .ISO download. See the tutorials for details.

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

bobkn, Jun 27, 2016
  6. My Win 7 is 32 bit, I run the following command to no avail
    schtasks.exe /Run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

Then I've looked at the "Data Execution Prevention" tab under performance options and noticed that it states that my laptop supports DEP,
    so I've just ticked the "Turn on DEP for all programs" check box, and am currently running the upgrade again, I'll post the results

This time I got up to about 80%
    and came back with a page fault in non paged area pssnap.sys
    did some research and found other people with win10 upgrade issues surrounding this file had macrium reflect installed, I've just uninstalled it and currently running the upgrade from a dvd, well see.

bridgeworks, Jun 28, 2016
  7. upgrade background. At First i tried the w10 updrade icon, then i downloaded the media creation tool and burned a dvd, run the upgrade a few time and got part way thru before getting the OxC1900101-0x20017, followed by .....-0x40017, so I unplugged the wifi card, second hdd, uninistall heaps of 3rd party software, rebooted a few times and tried again, just kept failing. I then restored by backup image, left the hardware disconnected tried again, then posted this thread.

bridgeworks, Jun 28, 2016
  8. This PC's processor doesn't support a critical feature (NX)."

Please update the Systems Specs in your forum profile with complete information.

• In the System Manufacturer/Model Number field, manually type Desktop or Laptop adding it to the information already in the field. The specific model number is important - there are often many models of a given series.
      For example, my machine is a HP Pavilion dv6, but there are tens of the dv6 series, so dv6-6c10us is the specific model.

• Specify Custom Build as the manufacturer if it is not an OEM machine.
    The easiest way to do this is to use the information from a PUBLISHED Speccy report.
    See: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs

Post the link to the report that Speccy gives you and also open the Speccy link.
    Then click here to view your System Specs on this forum.

When you have both windows open, put them side-by-side and simply copy the information, field by field, from the Speccy report to your System Specs.

To see what information other members provide in their System Specs, click on My System Specs in the lower left of any post by any member.
    There's a BIOS update 3.4 on the site, but you need to know the architecture of the board - the Speccy will tell you.

I don't know how Toshiba flashes BIOS - but the bit-depth of Windows shouldn't really mattet unless they use a flash utility or limit what is accessible based on bit-depth. It's hardware before Windows - Sheesh!

The good news is that all Windows editions/bit-depth BIOSes are the same version 3.4

Don't do anything until someone looks at the Speccy and what you fill in on your specs.
    You might not need to update the BIOS
    Since you have Win7 32-bit, you can only upgrade to Win10 32-bit.

After upgrading you can Clean install with the 64-bit media, but you cannot upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit.

Slartybart, Jun 28, 2016
  9. bridgeworks, Jun 30, 2016
  10. cereberus Win User
    Assuming OP can solve NX isssue, no need to upgrade to 32 bit first. Simply install 64bit and use 7 key to activate.

cereberus, Jun 30, 2016
  11. Good suggestion, but ... It's a 32-bit machine

Speccy:
    - Machine Variables
    --- PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE: x86
    --- PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER: x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10, GenuineIntel

Slartybart, Jun 30, 2016
  12. cereberus Win User
    So why did you say upgrade to windows 10 32 bit then clean install 64bit unless you determined that after you posted?

I was just responding to your statement!

cereberus, Jun 30, 2016
  13. This PC's processor doesn't support a critical feature (NX)."

bridgeworks,

There are a few things that I see in Speccy that might need attention.

First see if there is malware on your machine. Yontoo is a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP).
    A few on-demand scans will identify and remediate any malware on your system.

Restart your machine in case there are any system operations pending

Click here to download Old Timer-TFC.
    >> save the application to your Desktop.
    Old Timer-TFC is a standalone application, there is no install.

!!!!! Save your work and close all open windows.
    TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!

Right click, run as administrator TFC

Click the Start button to begin the cleaning up temporary files and folders.
    !!!!! Do not work on other things while TFC is running - most applications use some sort of temporary files. Just let TFC run by itself on the machine until it completes.

*Busted Restart your machine immediately after TFC completes.

AdwCleaner is a two step process. Scan then Clean

Click here to download AdwCleaner (author: Xplode)
    --> save the application to your Desktop.

• Right-click AdwCleaner.exe on your Desktop and select Run As Administrator to run the scanner with full privilege rights.
      AdwCleaner is a standalone executable, there is no install.

• Click on the Scan button.
      • AdwCleaner begins scanning your system. It might take some time to complete.

• Review the detected objects grouped under each of the tabs.
        --> If there is something you KNOW should NOT be cleaned, clear the checkbox
        This PC's processor doesn't support a critical feature (NX)." [​IMG]
        next to the object. If you're not sure about an object, paste the scan logfile (AdwCleaner[S#].txt) in a new post for a member to review and advise you.
        Otherwise, go to the next step.

• After the scan has finished and you have reviewed the objects to be cleaned, click on the Clean button.
      • Answer OK to the close all programs prompt, then follow the onscreen prompts.
      • Answer OK to the restart the computer prompt to complete the removal process.
        The AdwCleaner log file is opened in your default Text editor when the machine has restarted.
        Each time AdwCleaner runs, the log file number [#] is incremented, the highest number is the most recent. There are two log files, one for the scan (AdwCleaner[S#].txt) and one for the clean (AdwCleaner[C#].txt).
    Paste the entire clean logfile (AdwCleaner[C#].txt) in your next post.
    --> AdwCleaner logs are located in the C:\AdwCleaner folder if you need to reference them again

and finish this exercise with:
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free - Windows 7 Help Forums

Slartybart, Jun 30, 2016
  14. LOL - because I had not seen the Speccy when I posted that *Cool

Slartybart, Jun 30, 2016
  15. cereberus Win User
    Fair dinkum cobber as they say "down under".

cereberus, Jul 1, 2016
Thema:

This PC's processor doesn't support a critical feature (NX)."

1. This PC's processor doesn't support a critical feature (NX)." - Similar Threads - PC's processor doesn't

2. Processor not supported

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Processor not supported: Hi, please can anybody help?Why cannot I upgrade to Win 11 when my laptop meets all criteria?This is to say, when I run the MS checker all is ok except my processor. When I go to check for compatible ones, mine is one that is acceptable?I am not really pc literate.My laptop...
  3. Processor not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Processor not supported: Hi, please can anybody help?Why cannot I upgrade to Win 11 when my laptop meets all criteria?This is to say, when I run the MS checker all is ok except my processor. When I go to check for compatible ones, mine is one that is acceptable?I am not really pc literate.My laptop...
  4. Processor not supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC Health says "processor is not supported", but it is found on the list of supported...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Health says "processor is not supported", but it is found on the list of supported...: My 3yrs old Lenovo runs IntelR CoreTM i7-7700T CPU @ 2.90GHz. When trying to update to Windows 11, the PC Health says the processor is not currently supported for Windows 11. However, when clicking the "supported CPUs" link, I can find this processor there on the list.All the...
  6. PC Health says "processor is not supported", but it is found on the list of supported...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Health says "processor is not supported", but it is found on the list of supported...: My 3yrs old Lenovo runs IntelR CoreTM i7-7700T CPU @ 2.90GHz. When trying to update to Windows 11, the PC Health says the processor is not currently supported for Windows 11. However, when clicking the "supported CPUs" link, I can find this processor there on the list.All the...
  7. This PC’s processor doesn’t support a critical feature

in Windows 10 News
    This PC’s processor doesn’t support a critical feature: [ATTACH]If when you try to upgrade to Windows 10 and you receive the error message “This PC’s processor doesn’t support a critical feature“, then this […] This article This PC’s processor doesn’t support a critical feature first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. This pc's processor doesn't support a critical feature (nx)

This pc's processor doesn't support a critical feature (nx): Hi, I want to install Windows 10 32-bit and I have the below error when I'm installing windows 10. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/this-pcs-processor-doesnt-support-a-critical/0ff8789b-02a2-40b0-9d3a-c9ad83235d10
  9. CPU doesn't support NX

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU doesn't support NX: Hi, I need a help, I tried to install Android Studio to start working on developping apps, but when I tried to make an emulator (virtual device), it doesn't work, and I had this warning " Your CPU doesn't support NX ". My ask is to know what is mean NX, and why my CPU...
  10. Install fails my computer "doesn't support NX"

Install fails my computer "doesn't support NX": A while back I successfully upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10, and then reverted back to Windows 7, with no problems. Today, I created a new partition and attempted to do a clean install of Windows 10, using a flash drive. Install failed, with the message "This PC's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this pcs processor does not support nx

2. This PCs processor doesnt support a critical feature (NX)

3. how do enable nx on a toshiba laptop processor

4. critical feature nx,
  5. processor does not support nx,
  6. processor nx feature,
  7. this pcs processor doesnt support a critical feature nx,
  8. this pc doesnt support a critical feature nx,
  9. processor doesnt support nx,
  10. This pc processor doesnt support a critical feature (nX),
  11. This PC processor doesnt support a critical feature (PrefetchW),
  12. doesnt suport nx,
  13. this processor does not support a critical feature nx,
  14. bypass this pcs processor doesnt support nx,