Windows 10: Turn On or Off Apps Communicate with Unpaired Devices in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Apps Communicate with Unpaired Devices in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Apps Communicate with Unpaired Devices in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Let Apps Communicate with Unpaired Devices in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Apps Communicate with Unpaired Devices in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Apps Communicate with Unpaired Devices in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Let Apps Communicate with Unpaired Devices in Windows 10

In Windows 10, your apps can automatically share and sync info with wireless devices that don't explicitly pair with your PC, tablet, or phone. This communicate with unpaired devices feature lets apps on your device share information with things like store-tracking beacons, which send you ads as you walk nearby.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off the communicate with unpaired devices feature for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Let Apps Communicate with Unpaired Devices in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Let Apps Communicate with Unpaired Devices using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Let Apps Communicate with Unpaired Devices in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Privacy icon.

2. Do step 3 (off) or step 4 (on) below for what you want to do.

3. To Turn Off Let Apps Communicate with Unpaired Devices
    A) Click/tap on Other devices on the left side, turn off Communicate with unpaired devices on the right side, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below step 4A)

4. To Turn On Let Apps Communicate with Unpaired Devices
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on Other devices on the left side, and turn on Communicate with unpaired devices on the right side. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Apps Communicate with Unpaired Devices in Windows 10 [​IMG]

B) Click/tap on the Choose apps that can communicate with unpaired devices link on the right side. (see screenshot above)

C) Turn on or off apps (if available) to choose which apps can communicate with wireless devices that don't explicitly pair with your PC, table, or phone. (see screenshot below)

D) When finished, go to step 5 below.

Turn On or Off Apps Communicate with Unpaired Devices in Windows 10 [​IMG]

5. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Let Apps Communicate with Unpaired Devices using a REG file
    *note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the string value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\blu etoothSync

Value string value

Allow = On
    Deny = Off

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Let Apps Communicate with Unpaired Devices
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Let_apps_communicate_with_unpaired_devices.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Let Apps Communicate with Unpaired Devices
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Let_apps_communicate_with_unpaired_devices.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 23, 2016

2. Turned Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot "ON" but not visible on devices..

have you followed all the steps? U might have missed something. Check out instructions mentioned here Windows 10 Tip: Set Up a Mobile Hotspot - Thurrott.com

lorraine walsh, Oct 26, 2019
  3. pkashyap Win User
    Default communication device on Windows 10

Hello all,

The installation of my wavecyclic audio driver on Win 10 makes it the default communication device. This behavior is observed only on win 10, but not on win 8 or 7. Nothing specific is being done on our installer/driver to set it as default communication device. Any suggestions on why this is happening and on how to not make our driver become default communication device? I appreciate your help.

pkashyap, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Arun B J Win User
    Can't turn bluetooth off; can't unpair a bluetooth device

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to stop the Bluetooth service and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type services.msc and press
      Ok
    • Find Bluetooth Support Service
    • Right click on the service and click on
      Stop.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/remove-a-bluetooth-device

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 26, 2019
  6. 'Wireless communication is turned of". How do I turn it back on?

Hello Maza,

To better assist you with turning the Wireless communication back on, please answer the following questions:

• Which device are you using?
    • Which operating system is your device running? If it's Windows, which version?

If your device is running Windows 10, the following are the steps for turning Wi-Fi on:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Select Network & Internet.
    • Go to the Wi-Fi tab.
    • Switch Wi-Fi On.

We're looking forward for your response.

Hector Mad, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Apps Communicate with Unpaired Devices in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Apps

2. Turn off device location for all apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off device location for all apps?: I want to find out if its possible to disable my device location for all apps including google chrome, so no apps can access my device location no matter what. For example if i dont want to use my location in google chrome i need to check this option in chrome options, but...
  3. Turn off device location for all apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off device location for all apps?: I want to find out if its possible to disable my device location for all apps including google chrome, so no apps can access my device location no matter what. For example if i dont want to use my location in google chrome i need to check this option in chrome options, but...
  4. Can't unpair bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't unpair bluetooth device: Whenever I click the menu button on a bluetooth device in settings, the app becomes unresponsive. I'm on Windows 11 Dev Build. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unpair-bluetooth-device/cdfaf869-427a-4823-ada0-49dde2af445a
  5. Can't unpair bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't unpair bluetooth device: Whenever I click the menu button on a bluetooth device in settings, the app becomes unresponsive. I'm on Windows 11 Dev Build. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unpair-bluetooth-device/cdfaf869-427a-4823-ada0-49dde2af445a
  6. How to prevent apps from communicating with Unpaired Devices

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent apps from communicating with Unpaired Devices: [ATTACH]This article will help you if you want to prevent pre-installed apps from communicating […] This article How to prevent apps from communicating with Unpaired Devices first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 PC: How to: Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 PC How to Unpair a Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 PC Bluetooth is a short range wireless technology which enables wireless data transmission between two Bluetoothenabled devices located nearby each other. If one...
  8. Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Unpair a Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Bluetooth is a short range wireless technology which enables wireless data transmission between two Bluetooth–enabled devices...
  9. App Sync Between Devices - Turn On or Off in Window 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    App Sync Between Devices - Turn On or Off in Window 10 Mobile: How to: App Sync Between Devices - Turn On or Off in Window 10 Mobile How to Turn On or Off Share Apps Across Devices on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information The Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607 introduced a new privacy option in Settings to let apps on...
  10. Turn On or Off Share Across Devices for Apps in Window 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Share Across Devices for Apps in Window 10: How to: Turn On or Off Share Across Devices for Apps in Window 10 How to Turn On or Off Share Across Devices for Apps in Windows 10 The Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607 introduced a new privacy option in Settings to let apps on your other devices open apps and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 communicate with unpaired devices

2. windows 10 communicate with unpaired devices

3. windows ble communicate with unpaired devices