Windows 10: Turn On Use Print Screen Key to Launch Screen Snipping in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On Use Print Screen Key to Launch Screen Snipping in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On Use Print Screen Key to Launch Screen Snipping in Windows 10 How Turn On or Off Use Print Screen Key to Launch Screen Snipping in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On Use Print Screen Key to Launch Screen Snipping in Windows 10

How to: Turn On Use Print Screen Key to Launch Screen Snipping in Windows 10

How Turn On or Off Use Print Screen Key to Launch Screen Snipping in Windows 10

Starting with Screen Snip feature has been added to Windows 10 to be able to quickly snip and share a screenshot.

You can snip a rectangle, something a bit more freeform, or full screen and it will go straight to your clipboard. If thats all you need, you can take it from there. Want more, though? Immediately after taking a snip youll now get a notification that will take you and your snip to the Screen Sketch app where you can annotate and share away.

If you like, you can use the Print Screen key to launch screen snipping.

*note Starting with Windows 10 build 18219, Screen Sketch app has been updated to version 10.1807.2286.0 and renamed to Snip & Sketch.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to use the Print Screen key to launch screen snipping for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Use Print Screen Key to Launch Screen Snipping in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Use Print Screen Key to Launch Screen Snipping using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Use Print Screen Key to Launch Screen Snipping in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.

2. Click/tap on Keyboard on the left side, and turn on or off (default) Use the PrtScn button to open screen snipping for what you want under Print Screen shortcut on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

Turn On Use Print Screen Key to Launch Screen Snipping in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Use Print Screen Key to Launch Screen Snipping using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Keyboard

PrintScreenKeyForSnippingEnabled DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Use Print Screen Key to Launch Screen Snipping
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_use_Print_Screen_key_to_launch_screen_snipping.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Use Print Screen Key to Launch Screen Snipping
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_use_Print_Screen_key_to_launch_screen_snipping.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 9, 2017
  2. Clint Win User

Turn On or Off Use Print Screen Key to Launch Screen Snipping in Settings

I don't have this Brink.

Clint, Oct 27, 2019
  3. gbansen Win User
    Turn On or Off Use Print Screen Key to Launch Screen Snipping in Settings

Hi Brink,

I don't have this setting in option #1 and option #2 doesn't work for me. Do you think it's the version of windows that I'm running "Enterprise"? Do you know of a work around?

gbansen, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Turn On Use Print Screen Key to Launch Screen Snipping in Windows 10

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    Screen Sketch app renamed to Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 Insider build

The Screen Sketch app was first introduced in Windows 10 build 17661.

Screen Sketch lets you quickly annotate screenshots, photos and other images with your pen, touch, or mouse and save, paste or share with other apps.

Starting with Windows 10 Insider Skip Ahead build 18219, Screen Sketch app has been updated to version 10.1807.2286.0 and renamed to Snip & Sketch.

The new version adds the ability to delay a snip up to 3 or 10 seconds. Under the New menu, you can select to "Snip now", "Snip in 3 seconds", or "Snip in 10 seconds".

Tip

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Screen Sketch app renamed to Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 Insider build

The Screen Sketch app was first introduced in Windows 10 build 17661.

Screen Sketch lets you quickly annotate screenshots, photos and other images with your pen, touch, or mouse and save, paste or share with other apps.

Starting with Windows 10 Insider Skip Ahead build 18219, Screen Sketch app has been updated to version 10.1807.2286.0 and renamed to Snip & Sketch.

The new version adds the ability to delay a snip up to 3 or 10 seconds. Under the New menu, you can select to "Snip now", "Snip in 3 seconds", or "Snip in 10 seconds".

Tip

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Turn On Use Print Screen Key to Launch Screen Snipping in Windows 10

1. Turn On Use Print Screen Key to Launch Screen Snipping in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Print Screen

2. Snip & Sketch image not appearing on screen via Print Screen key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch image not appearing on screen via Print Screen key: I am using Snip & Sketch on Windows 10. I have it set to use the Print Screen key. It works, but it only copies the image to the clipboard. This all works fine. It does not automatically open the image for editing though, as it does if I open the app first. Can I get it to...
  3. Snip & Sketch image not appearing on screen via Print Screen key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip & Sketch image not appearing on screen via Print Screen key: I am using Snip & Sketch on Windows 10. I have it set to use the Print Screen key. It works, but it only copies the image to the clipboard. This all works fine. It does not automatically open the image for editing though, as it does if I open the app first. Can I get it to...
  4. Snip & Sketch image not appearing on screen via Print Screen key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft Snipping Tool- does it work with "print screen" key?

Microsoft Snipping Tool- does it work with "print screen" key?: Does anyone know how to change settings so Microsoft Snipping tool opens when I push the "print screen" key? i really like Light Shot because it DOES work with the print screen key but our IT does not want us downloading 3rd party apps to our office laptops....
  6. Screen Capture with Alt-Print Screen or Print Screen using Snip & Sketch from HDR monitor...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Capture with Alt-Print Screen or Print Screen using Snip & Sketch from HDR monitor...: I have 1 HDR monitor and 1 non-HDR monitor. If I capture from the non-HDR monitor, it captures fine, but from the HDR monitor, it looks like this: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 version 2004, using an Intel i7-6700K, an NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super, and two displays, one...
  7. Print Screen Use

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print Screen Use: How to use the Print Screen Key on desk top keyboard to capture a screen, using Windows 10, latest version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-screen-use/15fef72b-6573-4821-b48f-476c3b3d1cbc
  8. Print Screen/Snipping Tool problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Print Screen/Snipping Tool problem: [ATTACH] So lately if I want to screenshot both screens with print screen or just snip anything with the snipping tool my second monitor covers up a good portion of my main monitor. What could be causing this and how do I fix it? Edit: I think its making my left monitor...
  9. windows 10 screen snip using Print Screen

windows 10 screen snip using Print Screen: The senior residence where I live just got 3 new Dell all-in-one computers with Windows 10. I am having difficulty getting Screen Snip to work using Print Screen on the keyboard. I went into Settings and made the adjustment under Keyboard. Onr thing that I notice - I see...
  10. Windows 10 19H1 to improve screen snipping and printing experience

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 19H1 to improve screen snipping and printing experience: In the fast ring of Windows Insider program, Microsoft has recently announced Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18282 which is a part of the 19H1 release. This update is expected to come out sometime in March or April of 2019. In this update, there are lots of exciting new...