Windows 10: Allow or Block Website Notifications in Google Chrome in Windows

Discus and support Allow or Block Website Notifications in Google Chrome in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Allow or Block Website Notifications in Google Chrome in Windows How to Allow or Block Website Notifications in Google Chrome in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Allow or Block Website Notifications in Google Chrome in Windows

How to: Allow or Block Website Notifications in Google Chrome in Windows

How to Allow or Block Website Notifications in Google Chrome in Windows

Some websites can show notifications on your computer desktop. By default, Google Chrome asks you if a site can show notifications.

You can manage settings to allow or block permissions for notifications from all sites or for a specific site.

This tutorial will show you how to change site permissions in Google Chrome to allow or block website notifications on your desktop in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Block Notifications from All Sites in Chrome
    • Option Two: To Change Notification Settings for All Sites in Chrome
    • Option Three: To Change Notification Settings for a Specific Site in Chrome
    EXAMPLE: Website notification on desktop

Allow or Block Website Notifications in Google Chrome in Windows [​IMG]

EXAMPLE: Chrome asking to Allow or Block notifications for a site

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Block Notifications from All Sites in Chrome
    1. Open Google Chrome.
    2. Click/tap on the More button
    , and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

*note If you like, you can type chrome://settings/content/notifications into the address bar, and press Enter to go directly to Notifications settings at step 6 below.

3. Click/tap on Advanced at the bottom. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Content settings. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on Notifications. (see screenshot below)

6. Turn on (default) or off Ask before sending for what you want. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Settings tab if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Change Notification Settings for All Sites in Chrome
    1. Open Google Chrome.
    2. Click/tap on the More button
    , and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

*note If you like, you can type chrome://settings/content/notifications into the address bar, and press Enter to go directly to Notifications settings at step 6 below.

3. Click/tap on Advanced at the bottom. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Content settings. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on Notifications. (see screenshot below)

6. You can perform the following actions below to change the settings to what you want. (see screenshots below)
    A) Set site to Ask: Under Block or Allow, click/tap on the More icon
    to the right of the site you want, and click/tap on Remove.
    B) Allow a site: Under Block , click/tap on the More icon
    to the right of the site you want, and click/tap on Allow.
    C) Block a site: Under Allow , click/tap on the More icon
    to the right of the site you want, and click/tap on Block.

D) Add site to Block or Allow: Click/tap on Add to the right of Block or Allow, type the URL address of the site, and click/tap on the Add button.
    E) Edit site: Under Block or Allow, click/tap on the More icon
    to the right of the site you want, click/tap on Edit, type the new URL address for the site, and click/tap on the Edit button.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Change Notification Settings for a Specific Site in Chrome
    1. Open Google Chrome.

2. Go to the website you want to change its notification settings for.

3. Do step 4 (direct) or step 5 (site settings) for which option is available or you want to use.

4. Directly Change Notification Settings for Site
    A) Click/tap on the Lock
    , Info
    , or Dangerous
    icon to the left of the website address. (see screenshot below)

B) Click/tap on the drop menu arrow for Notifications, and select Use global default (Ask), Always allow on this site, or Always block on this site for what you want, and go to step 6 below.

*note Notifications will not be available if this site is currently set to Ask.

5. Change Notification Settings for Site in Site Settings
    A) Click/tap on the Lock
    , Info
    , or Dangerous
    icon to the left of the website address, and click/tap on the Site settings link. (see screenshot below)

B) Click/tap on the drop menu arrow for Notifications, and select Ask (default), Allow, or Block for what you want, and go to step 6 below. (see screenshot below)

6. Click/tap on the Reload button for the site to apply. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 16, 2018
  2. SKH123 Win User

Family Safety Not Blocking Websites on Google Chrome

Family safety has suddenly stopped blocking any website on the blocked list when using Google Chrome. It still blocks them on Microsoft Edge but Edge additionally blocks Google websites such as Gmail and Google Docs even though they are on the allowed list.

I have tried removing and adding back the account but it did not help. Any advice on fixing this issue will be much appreciated.

SKH123, Oct 27, 2019
  3. BJM
    bjm Win User
    Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows

Hi Brink,
    Yes, cookies resemble items found in SpywareBlaster. I have exercised the #$%^ out of SpywareBlaster to get rid of Chrome Blocked cookies. I posted over on Chrome Help Forum asking whether they're Chrome default.
    No joy.
    I created Person 2 to see if they're in new user (presume) default profile. They're there.

They're not hurting anything, as far as I know.
    I'm just Chrome newbie curious how cookies came to be listed as Blocked.

Thanks
    Regards w Respect

4. Try3 Win User

5. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Oct 27, 2019
  6. PhiTran Win User
    Block websites does not work with Google Chrome.

Hi,

I set activity reporting "on", Web browsing "on", and also blocked some websites such as YouTube,.. But my child still can browse these websites, and the activity report comes out blank. He is using Google Chrome for web browsing. On the Web browsing control
    menu it said "Websites can only be blocked on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer. To protect your child, block any other browsers appearing in
    Recent activity under Apps & games.", is that mean it can't block Google Chrome browser? How can I block these websites if he using Google Chrome browser? He need to use Google Chrome for his school works. If I block this Google
    Chrome App he won't be able to do his home work any more. Please help.

PhiTran, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Allow or Block Website Notifications in Google Chrome in Windows - Similar Threads - Allow Block Website

2. Virus Notifications On Google Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus Notifications On Google Chrome: I kept receiving VIRUS notification from a site "rqstz.titaniumveinshaper.com" and it says i have to buy a plan to make a scan and for remove the viruses,,,I opened any website which show redirect like something and ask for allow and i mistakenly allowed it and after that I...
  3. Windows not Allowing Google chrome to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not Allowing Google chrome to work: I have issue with my Dell laptop windows 10 . From 2 days it shows automatically repair after on . It came normal after 2 days Google chrome was not working. I have again download chrome it worked properly. After shutdown again it shows repairing automatically with out any...
  4. Windows not Allowing Google chrome to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not Allowing Google chrome to work: I have issue with my Dell laptop windows 10 . From 2 days it shows automatically repair after on . It came normal after 2 days Google chrome was not working. I have again download chrome it worked properly. After shutdown again it shows repairing automatically with out any...
  5. Windows not Allowing Google chrome to work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Google Chrome blocked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google Chrome blocked: Hi! Every time I try to open google chrome, it keeps on saying that I need permission. I selected the "ask email" option, but I checked all of my emails within my family and none of them receive an email from you guys yet. Also I don't know why I'm having this problem now....
  7. Google Chrome blocked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Chrome blocked: Google Chrome has been blocked by Windows 10 Pro April 2021 updates. I worked with Dell technical support for several hours, and they concluded it was the Windows update that is causing the problem....
  8. allow google chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    allow google chrome: Hi, My son had to restore his computer and now 'Microsoft family features' is on it which is requiring me to approve his download of google chrome??? And when I follow the steps to approve nothing happens and he has to ask for permission again. There is nothing in...
  9. Allow or Block Sites to Play Sound in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Block Sites to Play Sound in Google Chrome: How to: Allow or Block Sites to Play Sound in Google Chrome How to Allow or Block Sites to Play Sound in Google Chrome in Windows While browsing websites in Google Chrome, it can be annoying when a site automatically plays sound. While you can manually mute and...
  10. Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows How to Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows Cookies are small files that websites put on your PC to store information about you and your preferences. Cookies can make your browsing experience...