Windows 10: Those seeking the Non-Enterprise Build 9879 look here.

Discus and support Those seeking the Non-Enterprise Build 9879 look here. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For those of you (like me) that are still fighting getting 9841 or 9860 Non-Enterprise to upgrade you can get the ISO for the November release of 9879... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mohave PC, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Mohave PC Win User

Those seeking the Non-Enterprise Build 9879 look here.

For those of you (like me) that are still fighting getting 9841 or 9860 Non-Enterprise to upgrade you can get the ISO for the November release of 9879 64Bit HERE

This is a direct link to MS.

:)

Mohave PC, Jan 13, 2015

2. Windows Insider (Pro) VS Windows Insider Lab for Enterprise

I am a Windows Insider for a long time and have now enrolled and received an account for Windows Insider Lab for Enterprise, which gives access to Enterprise Insider builds.

Could I get any true info about those builds, whether they are identical to Pro insider builds of fast ring + Enterprise features, or I will miss out on something standard, non-enterprise?

AlexTimofeev, Jan 13, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jan 13, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 13, 2015
  5. drewski83 Win User
    Installed the 9841 edition few days ago from what I thought was latest build page. Then I read about the 9879 build. It has yet to show its face in any Windows Update.. Wonder why that is? Anyone? Guess can get from above link though. Just curious.

drewski83, Jan 19, 2015
  6. Vladimir Win User
    Build 9841 can be updated to 9860 by Windows Update, but you can surely install a fresh copy of 9879 instead !

~edit~

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 9841 doesn't update to 9879 automatically.

*Smile

Vladimir, Jan 19, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That's correct.

It's via the Store from 9841 to 9860, then 9860 to 9879 via Windows Update.

I prefer a direct clean install of 9879 though. *Smile

Brink, Jan 19, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

That's correct.

It's via the Store from 9841 to 9860, then 9860 to 9879 via Windows Update.

I prefer a direct clean install of 9879 though. *Smile Same here.. The clean install of the ISO works so much better than the update did for me at least. I'll perform the update for the next build and create an ISO from the ESD file,, then perform a clean install again.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Those seeking the Non-Enterprise Build 9879 look here. - Similar Threads - Those seeking Non

2. Seeking recommendations for non-wireless router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Seeking recommendations for non-wireless router: I’m going to be setting up a small business later this year. While it will need Internet access, only a PC and a couple of printers will need it, so I thought I could increase security a notch by foregoing a wireless router and using one that isn’t wireless. Any...
  3. Activate Build 9879

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Build 9879: A week or so ago I installed Build 9879 of W 10 TP and have tried every day to activate it through PC Settings. I keep getting a message saying, "Windows can't activate. Try again later." Should I be concerned? What can I do to activate it? Thank you. 3376
  4. OneDrive in build 9879

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive in build 9879: This is a mess imo! Before you had the OneDrive app and you had a OneDrive folder that you saw in File Explorer. Now only the OneDrive folder is there and it only shows those files/folders that are available online and offline. While that is fine as far as it goes, if you...
  5. OneDrive crippled in Build 9879

OneDrive crippled in Build 9879: I root my User folders in the OneDrive folder which has worked fine for several years. After a day of running 9879 I restart to a warning the OneDrive cannot find the Desktop. I try to open OneDrive App and get this error: "Your System Administrator has blocked the User of...
  6. OneDrive context menu in build 9879

OneDrive context menu in build 9879: I'm missing context menu items for "Make available Offline" and "Online only" in the File explorer context menu in latest build. Are these really gone? It was a nice easy way of moving things off your hard disk. Attachment 8233 2900
  7. Build 9879 trashing hard drives!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 9879 trashing hard drives!: I'm starting this thread because of the large number of HDDs I have lost since updating to Build 9879. The drives I have lost are all Seagate ST1000DM003 1 TB drives, 2 were VERY new (less than 2 Weeks old) and one was only about 2 Months old. The new ones got exchanged at...
  8. build 9879 clean install with duel boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    build 9879 clean install with duel boot.: HI all, I have a partitioned drive running win 7 and win 10tp. I am just downloading 9879 build iso to perform a clean install. i have read on the forums that this build is causing duel boot problems and trashing the win7 (which is my primary boot O/S)partition. the...
  9. Windows 10 Build 9879 - Last Build of this Year

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9879 - Last Build of this Year: Hey All! Yes, I've been away and still not well but, have received a email from Gabe Aul @MS today and would like to share it with you. What made me post this is the fact that we are not getting any new builds till January. Just thought I'd let you know: From: Gabe...
  10. Windows 10 Enterprise build 9879 ISO now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Enterprise build 9879 ISO now available: The next version of Windows is engineered for the way you live and work, protected against cyber risks and threats, and managed for continuous innovation. Need more information? See what's new in Windows 10 Technical Preview for Enterprise. Languages English (United...