Windows 10: Though "autocorrect" is stopped in Windows 10 (Home Edition) it is still correcting and...

Discus and support Though "autocorrect" is stopped in Windows 10 (Home Edition) it is still correcting and... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Though "autocorrect" is stopped in Windows 10 (Home Edition) it is still correcting and marking my typings in all of my Apps I am currently using. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MoMo100000, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Though "autocorrect" is stopped in Windows 10 (Home Edition) it is still correcting and...

Though "autocorrect" is stopped in Windows 10 (Home Edition) it is still correcting and marking my typings in all of my Apps I am currently using. What is wrong with Win 10?

Spelling and autocorrecting options in all of my used applications, be it on desktop or in the internet, are turned off.

Who shares the same experieces, who can help?

Thanks in advance!

:)

MoMo100000, Aug 2, 2018

2. Edit auto-correct dictionary?

This has already been suggested. I do not want to turn off autocorrect. I use it all the time. I need to have a way to tell autocorrect to stop correcting one word.

Jonathan Silvia, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

Hi,

Notepad is a simple text-editing program that allows minimal formatting and limited to simple text entry. Meanwhile, the autocorrect in Windows 10 can be enabled or disabled by following the steps below:

• Type Devices in Cortana search and press Enter.
    • Click Typing beside the keyboard icon.

Each program has their own autocorrect features, from Windows built-in applications, web browsers, to installed applications. We suggest that you contact the application support to know more about their features.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Erika Aro, Aug 2, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Though "autocorrect" is stopped in Windows 10 (Home Edition) it is still correcting and...

Editing the auto correct dictionary in Windows 10

It is possible, but it is not for the faint hearted and not really something the average user should attempt!

It involves editing .dic files which can be done in Notepad or some third party software for editing Dictionary Files . . .

In File Explorer, go to: %AppData%\Microsoft\Spelling\

The editable files are:

• default.dic (Added)
    • default.exc (Excluded)
    • default.acl (AutoCorrect)

The files are UTF-16 LE plain text that must start with the appropriate Byte Order Mark (BOM)

Each line contains a word (in the Added and Excluded word lists), or an autocorrect pair with the words separated by a vertical bar ("|") (in the AutoCorrect word list).

Other .dic, .exc, and .acl files present in the directory will be detected by the spell checking service and added to the user word lists.

These files are considered to be read-only and are not modified by the spell checking API.

DaveM121, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Though "autocorrect" is stopped in Windows 10 (Home Edition) it is still correcting and...

1. Though "autocorrect" is stopped in Windows 10 (Home Edition) it is still correcting and... - Similar Threads - Though autocorrect stopped

2. Autocorrect feature is off but words are still being autocorrected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autocorrect feature is off but words are still being autocorrected: As the title says, I'm having issues with Windows 11 autocorrecting words. This started happening suddenly about a month ago. I usually write in Spanish and whenever I write "momento" "moment", Windows corrects it to "memento" "memento/keepsake". It also happens with "a la"...
  3. Autocorrect feature is off but words are still being autocorrected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autocorrect feature is off but words are still being autocorrected: As the title says, I'm having issues with Windows 11 autocorrecting words. This started happening suddenly about a month ago. I usually write in Spanish and whenever I write "momento" "moment", Windows corrects it to "memento" "memento/keepsake". It also happens with "a la"...
  4. Windows 10 Home edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home edition: What kind of Windows 10 home version is Microsoft selling at their website OEM, GGK, FPP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-edition/f39ee6a7-afcb-4e96-8992-542d4e5cb3e7
  5. Windows 10 Home edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home edition: What kind of Windows 10 home version is Microsoft selling at their website OEM, GGK, FPP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-edition/f39ee6a7-afcb-4e96-8992-542d4e5cb3e7
  6. Windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 home edition: My laptop edition is windows 10 pro and has digital license linked to my Microsoft account. After reinstalling windows 10 with a bootable USB flash drive containing windows 10 setup files of windows 10 enterprise, l was surprised that it installed windows 10 home edition....
  7. Windows 10 Home Edition

Windows 10 Home Edition: How can I download and install Windows 10 Home Edition without cost? I have the valid and legal activation key from my old PC. ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-edition/c9d711d8-0844-4d60-8fec-d4324e02eb9a
  8. WINDOWS 10 HOME EDITION

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 HOME EDITION: HI IM CURRENTLY RUNNING ON WINDOWS 10 PRO BUT NEED TO INSTALL OR DOWNGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 HOME IVE TRIED TO REINSTALLING IT AGAIN BUT STILL COMES UP AS PRO I DID A REGEDIT STILL NO GO WHAT AM I DOING WRONG CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET HOME EDITION SO I CAN ACTIVATE...
  9. Windows 10 Home edition.

Windows 10 Home edition.: I'm BILLY GEE, I have had a free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I don't remember if I activated during installation, Since then I have upgraded to V 1803 OS Build 17134.1 KB4284848. I now experience a couple of problems:- 1. It now tells me I am missing some...
  10. Windows 10 Home edition

Windows 10 Home edition: All updates for windows 10 version 1803 have failed. last failed attempt July 8. I have a HP Pavilion G6 laptop with Intel Pentium P6200. 4GB with 3.8 useable. 2018-06 update for Windows 10 Version 1709 x64 based systems successfully installed on July 14. System will not...