Windows 10: Thoughts on BETA Speedtest?

Discus and support Thoughts on BETA Speedtest? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, just a thread to ask what are all your thoughts on the new Speedtest BETA? [img] Personally I actually can't get it to work yet... But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ellellell1, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Thoughts on BETA Speedtest?

Hi all, just a thread to ask what are all your thoughts on the new Speedtest BETA?

Thoughts on BETA Speedtest? [​IMG]

Personally I actually can't get it to work yet... But I have downloaded the app through the Windows Store and that seems to work fine. No ads so far! *Biggrin

EDIT: It works for me if I manually enter my location *Tongue

:)

ellellell1, Mar 7, 2017

2. Ok if there is no direct sync to Outlook, I am willing to use the Hotmail connector, but...

ok heres a thought... Are they pushing me to go to Office 365? And is Office 365 out of beta? I am doing the beta now, and it sure looks like I can stick all my contacts in here, and also sync with Outlook. I thought it was out of beta. Anyway, this looks
    interesting...........

jf

Jimmy Fallon, Mar 7, 2017
  3. Maps Updater - IMEI # cannot be obtained

Interesting, I thought this
    is the version I had
    prior to the released version (I
    had updated the beta a
    week before) but perhaps
    not or Nokia thought this
    was a stable version.
    I presumed by the b02
    in the version number this
    was still a beta version.

rohanw---01, Mar 7, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Thoughts on BETA Speedtest?

Works for me and spot on as i am running samknows box that monitior my connection in real time and they both say the same

Samuria, Mar 7, 2017
  5. Phone Man Win User
    I am also using SamKnows with their new box as I have ATT Fiber at 1Gb.

Speed test has a lot slower readings. 300-400 Mbps

My SamKnows readings OnNet (ATT Server) runs a steady 620-650 Mbps and OffNet over 900Mbs. SamKnows says that ATT test server needs updating as it is maxing out.

Before I upgraded I had Charter at 60Mbs and both SamKnows and Speedtest read the same.

I do like new interface. Nice and clean

Jim

Phone Man, Mar 7, 2017
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

It sometimes will ping server but then page won't load

When it DOES work it's passable - but I think I prefer previous versions.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 10, 2017
  7. swarfega Win User
    I tried that beta link just now and the page wouldn't load.

swarfega, Mar 10, 2017
  8. Plankton Win User

I like the clean look.....I bet the mobile app is the same. Works just fine for me.

Plankton, Mar 10, 2017
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Mobile app works fine -- still random page load errors with Beta on a PC (both W10 and Linux Hosts).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 10, 2017
  10. Barman58 Win User
    No issues here, not offered any new look *Smile

My 38Mb/s Down / 10Mb/s Up line a few minutes ago ...

Thoughts on BETA Speedtest? [​IMG]

is slightly slower to load the graphics than I remember it a few years ago but that's been like it for a while, Software Change ?

Barman58, Mar 10, 2017
  11. prikker Win User
    prikker, Mar 10, 2017
  12. I did like the map like world navigation. I think it was a great visual aid, but now I can only have a scroll down menu to choose from. I wonder if they might implement this again... Maybe they are instead headed for a more light weight simplistic look.

ellellell1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Thoughts on BETA Speedtest? - Similar Threads - Thoughts BETA Speedtest

2. Thoughts on this monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Thoughts on this monitor: Loading… www.microcenter.com Over 20 bucks cheaper from Amazon though. Loading… www.amazon.com I would prefer an Asus but having a hard time finding one that isn't curved with these specs. Currently have a 27" 60hz 1080p Asus. I'm kinda scared that its a TN panel and...
  3. Speedtest issues on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Speedtest issues on Windows 10: Looking for an answer to this.. I have 2 laptops on the same connection 100/100. One is Windows 7 the other Windows 10. The Windows 7 laptop sits next to the 10 laptop which gets 90/90 up and down. The 10 laptop only gets 10 down and 40 up ish. I can sus this out....
  4. Different results from Windows Network Speedtest and Ookla Speedtest

Different results from Windows Network Speedtest and Ookla Speedtest: Suddenly, after relatively close agreement, I am getting wildly different results from the Windows Network Speedtest and the Ookla Speedtest (both app and browser version). Windows gives download speeds between 12.5 and 14.0 Mbps while Ookla gives results in excess of 450...
  5. Speedtest by Ookla for Windows install failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speedtest by Ookla for Windows install failure: I tried installing Speedtest for Windows on a friend's computer running Win 10. It seemed to install OK, but had only a black background when it opened. Nothing on it at all. I've searched, but can't find any mention of a similar problem. Anybody else experienced this? I've...
  6. Speedtest Ap connection failure

Speedtest Ap connection failure: After downloading the Speedtest App from Microsoft today, it fails to connect to the Internet each time I try to run it. What am I missing? (Microsoft Edge running under Windows 10.) Carter...
  7. Speedtest app by ookla

Speedtest app by ookla: I don't suppose many use it other than in browser mode but is anyone having trouble updating the speedtest app from the store? All other apps updating ok but this app is producing an error code when trying to initiate download. I think k it must be at their end because both...
  8. speedtest vpn

speedtest vpn: what is the best way to do a speedtest on vpn. at the moment i am using speedtest.net but after finding this reading this article https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/10562/t...s-an-overview/ it suggests that speedtest.net gives very inaccurate results when testing vpn speeds. i use...
  9. 950XL Thoughts

in Windows 10 Support
    950XL Thoughts: Hey everyone, I just received my 950XL...I have to say, this thing is quite impressive for a windows phone. I have T-Mobile and it works with no issues. It does require a nano sim which means your normal SIM card, has this outline around it...you pop off the thin trim...
  10. Food for Thought

in Windows 10 Support
    Food for Thought: After spending a couple hours on the phone with MS Support and MS Inc., arguing why, when I sign into the Store with my MS Account on my 'digitally entitled' machine, why Windows DVD Player App does not show up in my list of 'Purchased Apps', whether I perform a clean install...