Windows 10: Thoughts on Intel integrated ram share limit 1.67gb

Discus and support Thoughts on Intel integrated ram share limit 1.67gb in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Using a Toshiba laptop with no Bios option for video ram buffer limit. 1.67gb seems to be the limit. Couple things running I'm literally only using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Barryleef, May 20, 2016.

1. Barryleef Win User

Thoughts on Intel integrated ram share limit 1.67gb

Using a Toshiba laptop with no Bios option for video ram buffer limit.

1.67gb seems to be the limit. Couple things running I'm literally only using 16% of 16gbs.

I was in a configuration menu that showed the buffers address values to the shared ram but it does not look like it has an override.

Thoughts on any custom bios forceware or some hack to override the addressing of the buffer?

bios version is current no update in years...

:)

Barryleef, May 20, 2016
  2. BossDweeb Win User

want to increase dedicated VRAM of my laptop.....

Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics does not have VRAM. Integrated graphics uses part of the system RAM

AKA - shared RAM.

You should be able to dedicate a specific amount of RAM to your graphics via
    BIOS > North Bridge
    settings.

The RAM setting is usually at auto, which unfortunately often does not pick up

on a game and does not boost the RAM use as it should.

You should be able to select 1GB, which is all HD4000 graphics can process, if that.

BossDweeb, May 20, 2016
  3. Shared ram to video ram with no integrated video card.

I7 920 2.66 Asus P6T MB 12 gig ram

JohnPericozzi Jr, May 20, 2016
  4. Rocky Win User

All of my research on this indicates that this a Microsoft Windows limitation and there is nothing that you can do to change it.

Maybe somebody else will come in here with a nice tweak to share.

Rocky, May 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Thoughts on Intel integrated ram share limit 1.67gb - Similar Threads - Thoughts Intel integrated

2. challenges and limitations faced by the Intel integrated graphics processor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    challenges and limitations faced by the Intel integrated graphics processor: What are the current challenges and limitations faced by the Intel integrated graphics processor in providing optimal gaming experiences, and what strategies is Intel implementing to address these issues?...
  3. challenges and limitations faced by the Intel integrated graphics processor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    challenges and limitations faced by the Intel integrated graphics processor: What are the current challenges and limitations faced by the Intel integrated graphics processor in providing optimal gaming experiences, and what strategies is Intel implementing to address these issues?...
  4. challenges and limitations faced by the Intel integrated graphics processor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to increase dedicated video ram in intel integrated graphics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to increase dedicated video ram in intel integrated graphics: Hi My pc spec Processor: Intel core i3 12th gen Gpu : Intel uhd 730Ram : 8GB Windows 10 Hi i wanted to increase dedicated video memory in intel uhd 730. I have a 8GB ram and my total available graphics memory is 4111MB and shared system memory is 3983 in uhd 730 so i wanted...
  6. How to increase dedicated video ram in intel integrated graphics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to increase dedicated video ram in intel integrated graphics: Hi My pc spec Processor: Intel core i3 12th gen Gpu : Intel uhd 730Ram : 8GB Windows 10 Hi i wanted to increase dedicated video memory in intel uhd 730. I have a 8GB ram and my total available graphics memory is 4111MB and shared system memory is 3983 in uhd 730 so i wanted...
  7. How to increase dedicated video ram in intel integrated graphics

8. Ram Upgrade thoughts

Ram Upgrade thoughts: Since the time of the ibm 486 this question has been tossed around. 1001 and 1 answers. But does it matter today? Can you upgrade your Ram with mismatch Ram chips? 8 gig plus 4 gig, 2 gig plus 4gig, etc. Are speeds that important? Thanks for your thoughts 136962
  9. Ram Upgrade thoughts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ram Upgrade thoughts: Since the time of the ibm 486 this question has been tossed around. 1001 and 1 answers. But does it matter today? Can you upgrade your Ram with mismatch Ram chips? 8 gig plus 4 gig, 2 gig plus 4gig, etc. Are speeds that important? Thanks for your thoughts 136962
  10. Just a Thought I will share

in Windows 10 Customization
    Just a Thought I will share: As most of you know I have had some issues with Windows 10 and I believe that I was the cause of all of them. I removed stuff that I did not need, tweaked things, and so forth. I now have a clean running machine that is faster than it ever was. I have done the Following:...