Windows 10: Thread continuation and alternate solution: "W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window,...

Discus and support Thread continuation and alternate solution: "W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window,... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The original thread in the title was locked so I couldn't continue it, but I wanted to propose an alternate solution to this annoying windows 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Uhggernaut, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Thread continuation and alternate solution: "W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window,...

The original thread in the title was locked so I couldn't continue it, but I wanted to propose an alternate solution to this annoying windows 11 "feature".Use the FancyZones feature of powertoys instead of windows snapping altogether. Power toys can easily be installed from microsoft's site here:https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/powertoys/IMHO it's all around better and easier to use since you can just hold shift to snap your window to a predefined zone, instead of dragging it all the way to the corner, or getting stuck going between monitors. It also has a lot of additional options yo

:)

Uhggernaut, Nov 29, 2023

2. Windows 11 misses the option "When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window."

Original question, see:

Redirecting

A couple of weeks ago, I discovered AquaSnap (AquaSnap Window Manager: dock, snap, tile, organize) and I've been using the free version now since then.

This tool disables the option "When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window".

By default, it disables the Snap windows Multitasking setting, but then you can't move a maximized window by dragging its title bar.

If you enable the Snap windows Multitasking setting again, this becomes possible again (even if all sub options are disabled).

StijnBousard, Nov 29, 2023
  3. W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window

Hello,

I just upgraded to Windows 11. In Windows 10, there was an option in settings:

"When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window".

I want to disable this option in Windows 11. I want to be able to resize windows without the adjacent window also resizing. It is missing from where it is supposed to be. Here is where it should be and the options I have available to me.

Thread continuation and alternate solution: "W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window,... 17e1bdd5-236f-495b-8f9c-49c1b32898d6?upload=true.png

Steve_Davis, Nov 29, 2023
  4. Thread continuation and alternate solution: "W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window,...

Window Snap / resize

I have been through all of those steps. Windows are still snapping, and in some cases resizing to small windows. This has to stop...

jeffzervos, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

Thread continuation and alternate solution: "W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window,...

1. Thread continuation and alternate solution: "W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window,... - Similar Threads - Thread continuation alternate

2. Thread continuation and alternate solution: "W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thread continuation and alternate solution: "W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window,...: The original thread in the title was locked so I couldn't continue it, but I wanted to propose an alternate solution to this annoying windows 11 "feature".Use the FancyZones feature of powertoys instead of windows snapping altogether. Power toys can easily be installed from...
  3. Windows 11 misses the option "When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 misses the option "When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any...: Original question, see: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w11-missing-when-i-resize-a-snapped-window/f2752d23-d4e1-4c32-bd49-39324773d7f8?page=2A couple of weeks ago, I discovered AquaSnap https://www.nurgo-software.com/products/aquasnap and I've been...
  4. Windows 11 misses the option "When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any...

Windows 11 misses the option "When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any...: Original question, see: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w11-missing-when-i-resize-a-snapped-window/f2752d23-d4e1-4c32-bd49-39324773d7f8?page=2A couple of weeks ago, I discovered AquaSnap https://www.nurgo-software.com/products/aquasnap and I've been...
  5. W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window: Hello,I just upgraded to Windows 11. In Windows 10, there was an option in settings:"When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window".I want to disable this option in Windows 11. I want to be able to resize windows without the adjacent window...
  6. W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window

W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window: Hello,I just upgraded to Windows 11. In Windows 10, there was an option in settings:"When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window".I want to disable this option in Windows 11. I want to be able to resize windows without the adjacent window...
  7. Alternative to teamviewer, is there a physical solution?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alternative to teamviewer, is there a physical solution?: I recently used teamviewer to connect two laptop and to control the first laptop with the second one. It worked pretty well but I find teamviewer to be a little slow and laggy at times. Is there an alternative that provides a better speed? The two laptop are close by so a...
  8. Window snapping without resizing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window snapping without resizing?: In Linux Mint, if you drag something to the side of the screen it will "lock" to it, without resizing the window. Is there any way to get the same functionality in Windows 10 at all? I have three screens and my left screen I want to have my foobar2000 docked to the right...
  9. cannot resize my windows; snap wont allow corner snap

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot resize my windows; snap wont allow corner snap: i think therea a problem with my windows drivers. brand new hp spectre laptop- trying to put 3 windows on the screen at the same time- Snap oonly allows me to do 2. and i also notice that the windows resize button does nothing. I am at a loss where to start brent...
  10. keyboard window resize snap?

in Windows 10 Support
    keyboard window resize snap?: Do not have Win10, but am wondering something. In Eightforums.com I posted a thread with the title: keyboard window resize snap . It's that annoying 'feature' that occurs when the on-screen keyboard button next to the 'X' button is pressed: which resizes ALL the windows...