Windows 10: threat wont remove

Discus and support threat wont remove in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a threat on my pc and i hit the "quarantine" button and it refreshed and stayed without removing the threat, I also dont want to wipe my pc so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Anna Howland, Dec 4, 2023.

1. threat wont remove

I have a threat on my pc and i hit the "quarantine" button and it refreshed and stayed without removing the threat, I also dont want to wipe my pc so can someone help?

:)

Anna Howland, Dec 4, 2023

2. WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS

Hello PaulPChou,

This one works. You're correct I chose removed but it just doesn't remove the threats it says working and after working the threats are still listed. I ran the safety scanner, reboot, scan in safe mode, scan in clean boot but neither of those works to remove
    the listed threats.

Just as I thought all I need is to manually delete the file where it contains the threats list just like a log file.

Thanks for providing the path where it stores the list.

Best regards,

Lelouch

lelouch.lamperouge, Dec 4, 2023
  3. Threats detected by Windows Defender  

If you really want to be sure if those threats are removed completely then I would suggest to clean install Windows. That’s the only way to know for sure. And always disconnect from the internet next time you encounter malware. That’s the first step to take, especially if you have more than one computer sharing the same network.

win10freak, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

threat wont remove

1. threat wont remove - Similar Threads - threat wont remove

2. Defender wont remove the threats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender wont remove the threats: Microsoft Defender shows that there is one virus, but all other Antivirus Softwares show that it is clean and only Defender cannot remove this virus from the list.By the way, I have already removed this virus with Malwarebytes, but for some reason it is still there in...
  3. Defender wont remove the threats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender wont remove the threats: Microsoft Defender shows that there is one virus, but all other Antivirus Softwares show that it is clean and only Defender cannot remove this virus from the list.By the way, I have already removed this virus with Malwarebytes, but for some reason it is still there in...
  4. Why wont Windows Defender remove a threat from my device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont Windows Defender remove a threat from my device?: Recently I was trying to download a few programs for my personal computer and I accidentally installed a fake program with a fake download link, which allowed my computer to download a Trojan malware file which I'm unable to remove from Windows Defender. The file has been on...
  5. Why wont Windows Defender remove a threat from my device?

Why wont Windows Defender remove a threat from my device?: Recently I was trying to download a few programs for my personal computer and I accidentally installed a fake program with a fake download link, which allowed my computer to download a Trojan malware file which I'm unable to remove from Windows Defender. The file has been on...
  6. Why wont Windows Defender remove a threat from my device?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. threat wont remove

threat wont remove: I have a threat on my pc and i hit the "quarantine" button and it refreshed and stayed without removing the threat, I also dont want to wipe my pc so can someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/threat-wont-remove/974d570b-488d-4d7f-800e-5715fa7f2614
  8. Threat not Removed

Threat not Removed: I try to remove this threat, but it appears again within a minute. Earlier my disk was full even not a single byte was left free, but my data size is a maximum of 100 GB, I reset my laptop but now......
  9. Is the threat removed?

Is the threat removed?: Hi folks, I caught an adware last week and removed it with Windows Defender but now I don't know if it is really removed because when I go into the protection history of Windows Defender I still see the program there and when I click on action at the bottom of the program I...
  10. removal of trojan threat

removal of trojan threat: My windows defender recently detected a trojan threat. It said that the threat was blocked. It then said "This threat or app has been allowed and will not be remediated in the future" But underneath it said " Status: Removed" I don't understand what that means. Is my...