Windows 10: Three users on splash screen, but only two listed under User Accounts

Discus and support Three users on splash screen, but only two listed under User Accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, everyone! When I log on, I get that dreaded error saying that the wrong password was given. Then I go back and log in with a different account. I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Confused500, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Three users on splash screen, but only two listed under User Accounts

Hi, everyone!
    When I log on, I get that dreaded error saying that the wrong password was given. Then I go back and log in with a different account. I would like to get rid of the user account that tries to log in first, but when I go to Control-User Accounts-Manage Another Account, it isn't listed. Where the heck is it?

:)

Confused500, Jun 9, 2016

2. windows 10 log ins

I haven't heard anything.....are you giving up?.....I sent pics of my screen and have not heard anything....How do I get rid of that one account that does not show up under users. It only shows on the splash or login screen.....................

FrankieRaney, Jun 9, 2016
  3. User account not added to Welcome screen after converting from Windows 7 to Windows 10

In Windows 7 I had two accounts on my PC. Home was the name of the local account with Administrator authority. User is the name of the local account with User authority. Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, Other Users lists an account called
    User as a local account. The account called User does not appear on the Welcome screen. Only an icon for the administrator account named Home appears on the welcome.

Question: How to I add the existing account called User to the Welcome screen?

Question: Why didn't the conversion process add both accounts to the Welcome screen?

FrankBartling, Jun 9, 2016
  4. Three users on splash screen, but only two listed under User Accounts

I deleted one of the user accounts, and they both disappears, so now I'm left with just the built in Admin account, and I can't add another account. When I click on Add Account, it just buffers and times out. I'm going to try the solution on another thread.

Confused500, Jun 10, 2016
Thema:

Three users on splash screen, but only two listed under User Accounts

1. Three users on splash screen, but only two listed under User Accounts - Similar Threads - Three users splash

2. Having two user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having two user accounts: Is it possible to factory reset a computer while using other user account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-two-user-accounts/39a0c8ef-a975-4b2f-8dcb-4d81ea645fff
  3. Having two user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having two user accounts: Is it possible to factory reset a computer while using other user account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-two-user-accounts/39a0c8ef-a975-4b2f-8dcb-4d81ea645fff
  4. Account not listed by net user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account not listed by net user: Good day,I am trying to login to a laptop using an account with administrator rights. Unfortunately, this account seems to be locked - when attempting to login I get a message stating 'The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to'.Following...
  5. Account not listed by net user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account not listed by net user: Good day,I am trying to login to a laptop using an account with administrator rights. Unfortunately, this account seems to be locked - when attempting to login I get a message stating 'The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to'.Following...
  6. Account not listed by net user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Two User Folder Names, but only one User Account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two User Folder Names, but only one User Account?: In File Explorer with Show All Files ON, I show at the same folder level the following: User folder N. P., and This PC. When I drill down into the C drive under This PC, and then further down to User Folders under C, I see the user folder name NP629, which is my Microsoft...
  8. Two User Accounts at Startup?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Two User Accounts at Startup?: Windows 10 Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 Recently after Power On I'm getting prompted for my login password/pin. I've had that option disabled for as long as I can remember. I'm also noticing that at the point where I get the prompt, Windows is showing me two user...
  9. Merging two user accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Merging two user accounts: I recently got a new computer, today I noticed that I have two user accounts, one by my email and one by my first name. The files shown on my desktop appear to be identical. How can I merge these accounts? I am afraid to delete one because I'm not sure if everything is...
  10. Two matching User Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two matching User Accounts: Setting up Win 10 (upgrading from Vista) a year or two ago I found that I had created two matching accounts, one identified with my name , the other identified as This PC. Clicking on either leads to the same C:Users\mhalp_000\Desktop. Changing a filename or adding a file in...