Windows 10: Threshold 2 destroys bcd

Discus and support Threshold 2 destroys bcd in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was not getting the update thru the reg windows update so I decided to do a manual update to win 10 with the lastest ms tool. It actually was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sl2222, Nov 14, 2015.

1. sl2222 Win User

Threshold 2 destroys bcd

I was not getting the update thru the reg windows update so I decided to do a manual update to win 10 with the lastest ms tool.
    It actually was successful. When it completed I was able to use Windows normally and it was updated to threshold 2.
    However when i reboot I get a bsod ref the bcd file and error code 0xc0000098.
    I tried rebooting a few times then I tried using bootrec and bcdedit to totally rebuild the bcd store but near the end I was getting some errors doing that.
    I restored a previous image and tried the whole thing again with the same results.
    MS is amazingly inept at this stuff.

:)

sl2222, Nov 14, 2015

2. "service registration is missing or corrupt"

Found that the best way to fix this problem is to Upgrade to Threshold 2:

Download Windows 10

After installation that took about an hour, the Update problem is gone!

So I recommend that a RESET will destroy all of your programs. An Upgrade won't!

tedweissgerber, Nov 14, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Creators Update installation fails with 0x8007001F on Acer Aspire notebook

I have the same problem on Toshiba Tecra R950. I believe that the the "free space issue" is caused by a failed update that destroys BCD store. To confirm you can issue bcedit command - if you get an error, your BCD store is bad. You can format the whole
    System partition and recreate BCD store, but in my case the next time you try Creators Update the BCD store will be destroyed again. Anyways, update breaks "the good" BCD with the following errors:

IBSLIB Failed to bind with firmware. Flags: 0x0 Status: c0000001

SP CSetDefaultBootEntry: BCD Open failed. Error: 0x0000001F

SP Operation failed: Set SafeOS boot entry as the default boot entry. Error: 0x8007001F[gle=0x000000b7]

So setup restarts the PC, and upon first boot these are logged, followed by another restart that (once user logs in) displays an error about failed update. Subsequent installs break earlier (due to now broken BCD store) thus hiding the real issue.

Any ideas?

Filip Matijević, Nov 14, 2015
Thema:

Threshold 2 destroys bcd

1. Threshold 2 destroys bcd - Similar Threads - Threshold destroys bcd

2. Windows 10 enterprise Threshold 2

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 enterprise Threshold 2: When are we enterprise users going to receive the update? Thanks. 29728
  3. Windows 10 Threshold 2

Windows 10 Threshold 2: Should I update first to build 10240 or wait till November? Also, will the Media Creation Tool update itself directly to the new build? Insiders, what is new in this update apart from UI changes? 27347
  4. Where is Version 1511 (Threshold 2)

Where is Version 1511 (Threshold 2): I apologize if this is a dumb question. I did a bunch of searching but didn't find an direct answer. I thought I was following all the Windows 10 news. But I am confused. I know Microsoft pulled the 1511 release but then put it back. After being in the insider program on...
  5. Threshold 2 question

Threshold 2 question: I have Windows 10 professional. Unfortunately all this fast/slow ring , insider stuff is a tad confusing. On my machine I ticked defer updates as I don't want to be a beta tester/Guinea pig for any old release that comes down the pipe. But obviously I wonder about threshold 2...
  6. Anyone seen threshold 2 yet?

Anyone seen threshold 2 yet?: I have had a cumulative update but winver build has stayed at 10240 was that it or not? 29369
  7. W10 Threshold 2 Sound Playback Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 Threshold 2 Sound Playback Issues: Since the Nov update I only get sound from my speakers. When I choose "AMD HDMI Output" (for head phones ) and set default nothing happens. All worked fine prior to update. AMD drivers are up to date. Headphones are connected to the rear of Asus Display. Any ideas ? 30181
  8. Is this the latest threshold 2 iso build?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is this the latest threshold 2 iso build?: Hi again folks, Wanting to keep some of my computers at windows 7 for software compatibility, while at the same time do want to do a few upgrades to windows 10 and want the easiest option. I understand that the latest build ISO has been pulled by Microsoft (Threshold...
  9. Strange issue with Threshold 2 installation

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange issue with Threshold 2 installation: I have just updated the PC using the MCT as I wasn't getting offered the Threshold 2 update via Windows Update - I assume because I replaced the motherboard last week due to the old one dying. I generallty use the local admin account to run everything, I am savvy enough to...
  10. Superfetch and SSD's in Threshold 2

in Windows 10 Support
    Superfetch and SSD's in Threshold 2: Threshold 2 has re-enabled superfetch on my PC (only SSD's on my system). I have waited over a week, run Winsat formal, etc. but superfetch remains on. Has anyone experienced this? Before I manually disable the service I would welcome any suggestions etc. PS: the...