Windows 10: Threshold Downloaded but Update Failed to Install via WU and MCT

Discus and support Threshold Downloaded but Update Failed to Install via WU and MCT in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows Update says it downloaded the update but every time it runs, it fails. The failure message is almost immediate. there is no error # associated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Gator5000e, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Threshold Downloaded but Update Failed to Install via WU and MCT

Windows Update says it downloaded the update but every time it runs, it fails. The failure message is almost immediate. there is no error # associated with the failure. Only the generic, "There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later".

I tried running the update using the media creation tool but I get the Modern Host Setup error and the installation aborts.

All security and other updates have installed fine via WU up to this point.

Anyone have any ideas? If I want this update, do I need to do a clean install, which I really don't want to do?

And if I do a clean install, can I restore from an image created with Macrium or will that reinstall whatever is causing the Modern Host Setup error?

Thanks for any thoughts

:)

Gator5000e, Nov 12, 2015
  2. Triple N Win User

Windows 10 threshold 2 iso file download via media creation tool

thanx andre for your post i found it the most usefull heres how!

guys yesterday after the reply by kerry on my post int community regarding the availability of window 10 threshold2 via media creation tool i downloaded windows 10 iso via MCT thinking that it is the threshold version of windows 10 but today after reading
    andres post i followed the steps he prescribed and checked whether i had downloaded the threshold version or the RTM version and came to know that i got the Rtm version instead of threshold !

idont know wat is the problem with thw MCT that we still cant get windows10 threshold through it!

i dont know if there is adifferent MCT for windows10 thresh old caz i used the same MCT to download it which i used in july to download the RTM version!

guys pls help me!

Triple N, Nov 12, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709 is Now Available

well right now it failed to install once via au, if it fails a 2nd time as right now still in the process of download i'll use the mct, as again sometime the update isn't ready, for some reason but the mct, i think i've upgraded every time via that and
    it's worked

CobyPreimesberger, Nov 12, 2015
Thema:

Threshold Downloaded but Update Failed to Install via WU and MCT

1. Threshold Downloaded but Update Failed to Install via WU and MCT - Similar Threads - Threshold Downloaded Update

2. WU "something was busy" failed update Retry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WU "something was busy" failed update Retry: Windows 11 23H2 22631.3447 OEM VersionI have seen this more and more as of late, has anyone else seen this?You go to WU to check for updates and frequently when it is downloading a Security Definition update, the system will come back and state something like something was...
  3. WU "something was busy" failed update Retry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WU "something was busy" failed update Retry: Windows 11 23H2 22631.3447 OEM VersionI have seen this more and more as of late, has anyone else seen this?You go to WU to check for updates and frequently when it is downloading a Security Definition update, the system will come back and state something like something was...
  4. Mobile bios UEFI updating via wu.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mobile bios UEFI updating via wu.: From this thread 1909 has a BIOS firmware update feature built into the Device Manager Just posting to @Try3 in that I've just updated the bios via WU again on a new laptop with fingers crossed. 182193
  5. Problem installing KB5000842 via WU

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem installing KB5000842 via WU: Saw this update and decided to run it. All seemed to go ok. I clicked on Restart now and the machine restarted. The update screen came on the and it got to about 30% and then the machine rebooted again. Nothing overly unusual. In most cases, it would reboot and then resume...
  6. KB4592438 Stuck via WU

in Windows 10 Support
    KB4592438 Stuck via WU: Once again WU giving me issues. I did an in place upgrade to 20H2 last month. Figured I'd see where this months updates were and I can see its trying to install KB4592438 through WU at least since yesterday. It has been at 75%, stayed that way overnight. Its messing up the...
  7. WU automatically started downloading and installing the "Preview" update, ignoring WU...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WU automatically started downloading and installing the "Preview" update, ignoring WU...: Today I decided to apply the July Cumulative updates. Configuration: Windows 10 Pro 1909 Windows Update configured with the Group Policy of "Configure Automatic Updates" set to "2 - Notify for download and auto install" (Registry settings for AUOptions reflect that - they...
  8. 1909 update install fails, even using MCT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1909 update install fails, even using MCT: Hello. I tried everything and I have no clue how to update W10 to 1909 version. Update from OS doesn't work. From MCT too instalation gets to 100% and fails. I have 160 GB SSD free. I was trying by now: update troubleshooting utility find nothing, uninstalling antivirus +...
  9. Problem with downloading/installing MCT upgrade (and others)

Problem with downloading/installing MCT upgrade (and others): The other day I had notification of a new upgrade which had a very large file size (4gb). Very often in the past large upgrades seemed to fail on installation quite frequently - so I started to download them from the catalog and install them offline. I do this because I...
  10. I got 16299.19 directly by updating via MCT

I got 16299.19 directly by updating via MCT: I have a laptop updated from 1703 to 1709 on Oct 17th. When done it was build 16299.15. Then Windows Update gave me KB4043961 which brought the build to 16299.19. Today, Oct 19th, I needed to update my Surface Pro1 which was running 1703 version. Windows Update took...