Windows 10: Throwing active window between multiple monitors using touch screens

Discus and support Throwing active window between multiple monitors using touch screens in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Way back in the day I remember being able to grab my active window with my mouse cursor and "throw" it around the screen. Yhis may have been an old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlanRichard-Arcand, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Throwing active window between multiple monitors using touch screens

Way back in the day I remember being able to grab my active window with my mouse cursor and "throw" it around the screen. Yhis may have been an old version of Microsoft Plus!

I now have Windows 10 and multiple touch screen monitors. I would like to grab my active window with my finger and "throw" it to another monitor (kinda like Tony Stark does in the Avengers movies).

I obviously cannot drag it between monitors (especially up and down).

Is this possible?

:)

AlanRichard-Arcand, Aug 16, 2018

2. Touch Screen Monitor Recommendation

As the title implies, my friend is looking for a cheap and small touch screen monitor for general use on his pc. He's got an HIS 5850 (reference design) for the gpu, so hopefully they're compatible with that.

I have no idea what to look for in a touch screen, all I know is that he wants a small one and cheap one. Any suggestions?

Also, how do they hook up? Does it just use a standard DVI connection and a USB to transmit the data or is it a special cable?

jasper1605, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Full screen with multiple monitors

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you need to get Windows 10 full screen / maximize to span multiple monitors rather than just one monitor.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Press Windows Key + P Keyboard Shortcut

1. Close all open programs.

2. Hold down the Windows key and press the
    P key on your keyboard.

3. Select one of the following display style options

o PC Screen Only

o Duplicate

o Extend

o Second Screen Only

Method 2: Display Settings Menu

• Close all open programs.
    • Right-click an empty area on your desktop, and click Display Settings.
    • Click the Multiple Displays drop-down list, and select
      Duplicate these displays
      or Extend these displays or
      Show only on 1
      or Show only on 2.

If you cannot see the second monitor(s) listed, click Detect. If this does not work, try to reconnect the cables on your monitor, restart the computer and repeat steps 1 and 2.
    • Click Identify to see which monitor is number 1 (Primary Monitor) and number 2 (Secondary Monitor).

• Click Keep Changes if you are prompted to save the changes made to the display settings.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Fraserb82 Win User

Throwing active window between multiple monitors using touch screens

Touch Screen as Second Monitor - Apps launching on main monitor

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with using a touch screen as a second monitor.

I have managed to get it to use the touch functionality, so I can press on the touch screen and it will launch Edge, for example. However, my next problem is that it is launching the applications on my main monitor.

Is there some setting I need to change so that it launches on the second monitor.

For some more detail, we are trying to set up Promethean V5 smart panels for a classroom setup. There will be the V5 board connected to a PC and the PC will also have a monitor. The PC monitor has to stay as the main monitor and the setup will be extended (this is not an issue when setting up as a duplicate screen, for obvious reasons).

If anyone has any useful tips or suggestions on things to try I would really appreciate them.

Thanks

Fraserb82, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Throwing active window between multiple monitors using touch screens

1. Throwing active window between multiple monitors using touch screens - Similar Threads - Throwing active window

2. Using Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Multiple Monitors: I am using 2 monitors and a laptop so 3 screens in all.When I right click on the desktop to change the scale and layout to a larger size it only changes it on one screen. How do I get it to change on all screens or at least 2 of the screens and not the laptop?Thanks...
  3. Using Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Multiple Monitors: I am using 2 monitors and a laptop so 3 screens in all.When I right click on the desktop to change the scale and layout to a larger size it only changes it on one screen. How do I get it to change on all screens or at least 2 of the screens and not the laptop?Thanks...
  4. Using Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Touch Screen Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Screen Activation: How to activate touch screen on Acer AspireA515-43 Laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-screen-activation/c5aa7787-a5d8-4491-b564-5ccee76df78f
  6. Touch Screen Activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch Screen Activation: How to activate touch screen on Acer AspireA515-43 Laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-screen-activation/c5aa7787-a5d8-4491-b564-5ccee76df78f
  7. setting multiple touch monitors

setting multiple touch monitors: My question is. Why has Microsoft moved or removed the option to calibrate touch to a non primary monitor? I have two touch monitors. secondary is turned like a tablet, and only the primary can be used for touch. I once had it set up, but it has reverted back and can no...
  8. Move mouse between non-touching monitors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move mouse between non-touching monitors?: This is my current setup. I can move the mouse between 1 and 3 or 2 and 3, but not between 1 and 2. How can I make it move between 1 and 2? submitted by /u/Electro-Ninja [link] [comments]...
  9. Use of Multiple monitor

Use of Multiple monitor: Sir I have connected second monitor to my laptop through HDMI cable. Is it possible to use these two monitors for two different task. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-multiple-monitor/67b0de2a-e552-4b5c-b375-f076aeb20415
  10. Windows snapping between multiple monitors.

Windows snapping between multiple monitors.: I have read multiple threads about this issue and it looks like Microsoft could not care less about Windows 10 users. These said threads are as old as 2015 and the issue is still not fixed. Long story short, I am using Windows Areo Snapping feature but when I want to move...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. using windows touch to move windows between screens