Windows 10: Thumb drive name change

Discus and support Thumb drive name change in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Thumb drive windows 10 will only let me use 11 characters in the name 20321 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sam02, Aug 30, 2015.

1. sam02 Win User

Thumb drive name change

Thumb drive windows 10 will only let me use 11 characters in the name

:)

sam02, Aug 30, 2015

2. What's a jump drive?

Jump drive is just another name for a thumb drive (aka a USB drive, USB stick, etc).

AmberRiley, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Flash drive instructions to return items to laptop

There is no windows 16

10 is highest version

plug in the thumb drive to laptop

go to This PC and open the thumb drive and copy the folders and files to a new created folder on desktop

then put the files and folder moved in it to your desired location

C:\users\your named folder is where all your user folders are at

seahawks65, Aug 30, 2015
Thema:

Thumb drive name change

1. Thumb drive name change - Similar Threads - Thumb drive name

2. eject thumb drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    eject thumb drive: Windows 10A thumb drive is plugged in, Explorer is opened, one file is opened, then closed.Explorer is closed.Go to "Show hidden icons" and select Safely remove hardware and eject media -> Eject USB Flash MemoryThe only device shown is the thumb drive just plugged in. Select...
  3. eject thumb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    eject thumb drive: Windows 10A thumb drive is plugged in, Explorer is opened, one file is opened, then closed.Explorer is closed.Go to "Show hidden icons" and select Safely remove hardware and eject media -> Eject USB Flash MemoryThe only device shown is the thumb drive just plugged in. Select...
  4. eject thumb drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  6. Formatting a Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting a Thumb Drive: Just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and MS Office 365. I tried to format a thumb drive but when I select File Explorer, all I get is a list of files I've recently opened. I do not see the Thumb Drive. Doesn't matter if I select any files in the Recent Folder, I don't see...
  7. Thumb Drive not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumb Drive not working: I inserted my thumb drive and it was working perfectly before. But now it says I have to format it and it will erase all the data. How do I access the thumb drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumb-drive-not-working/3f7f37c7-f7d1-42ea-a644-4afbb523dc33
  8. Thumb Drives

Thumb Drives: How do I use a thumb drive to transfer data from Windows 7 to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumb-drives/8b697fba-9f37-417b-a867-1443e9150438
  9. Syncing Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Syncing Thumb Drive: Our church secretary likes to keep most of her documents on a thumb drive which creates a problem when she's gone, since no one but her has her drive. We've asked that she keep church stuff on the churches computers for this reason, but to no avail. She said this time, "I...
  10. thumb drives

thumb drives: Upgraded to windows 10, plugged in a thumb drive but have no idea how to open the drive 27165