Windows 10: Thumbnail Cache regenerates on every restart... Any fixes?

Discus and support Thumbnail Cache regenerates on every restart... Any fixes? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thumbnail Cache regenerates on every restart... Any fixes? I tried the reg tweaks listed below but they don't work now. They worked like a month ago.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by club27, Jul 29, 2018.

1. club27 Win User

Thumbnail Cache regenerates on every restart... Any fixes?

club27, Jul 29, 2018
  2. Tara_620 Win User

Regenerate image thumbnails

All of the image thumbnails were deleted/removed after a Windows 10 update. I have all folders' views set to "large icons" however, none of the image thumbnails are regenerating. The only thumbnails I'm able to see are ones for newly saved or opened images.

How do I get Windows to regenerate thumbnails for all the image files?

Tara_620, Jul 29, 2018
  3. windows 10 windows media player video thumbnail problem

Hi,

Try clearing the thumbnail cache. Use these steps:

• Open File Explorer, and click This PC
    • Select the system drive (usually, C:\)
    • From the Manage tab at the top, click "Cleanup". (This launches Disk Cleanup for C:\ drive.)
    • Enable the check box for "Thumbnails", and uncheck all other items in the list.
    • Click OK
    • When Disk Cleanup prompt you with the message "Are you sure you want to permanently delete these files?", click the "Delete Files" button.
    • Restart Windows and let Windows regenerate fresh set of thumbnail cache as required.
    Hope that helps.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Thumbnail Cache regenerates on every restart... Any fixes?

can't view thumbnails

Click Start, type cleanmgr.exe

Enable the checkbox for "Thumbnails" and click OK.

This clears the thumbnail cache. Allow it some time to regenerate the cache, and may be from next restart it should work fine.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Thumbnail Cache regenerates on every restart... Any fixes?

1. Thumbnail Cache regenerates on every restart... Any fixes? - Similar Threads - Thumbnail Cache regenerates

2. Thumbnail cache crashing constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnail cache crashing constantly: I'm dealing with a major issue on my Windows 11 device – the thumbnail cache keeps crashing constantly, and it's really frustrating. I've tried all the methods mentioned in the Microsoft community, and they seem to work, but only for a few minutes. Every time I create a new...
  3. Thumbnail cache crashing constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnail cache crashing constantly: I'm dealing with a major issue on my Windows 11 device – the thumbnail cache keeps crashing constantly, and it's really frustrating. I've tried all the methods mentioned in the Microsoft community, and they seem to work, but only for a few minutes. Every time I create a new...
  4. Cleared Thumbnail Cache Creates Error in Thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cleared Thumbnail Cache Creates Error in Thumbnail: I recently cleaned the thumbnail cache on my computer. However, an error occurred in my thumbnail, previously the thumbnail showed my laptop icon, and it is black now. How to fix it ?...
  5. Cleared Thumbnail Cache Creates Error in Thumbnail

Cleared Thumbnail Cache Creates Error in Thumbnail: I recently cleaned the thumbnail cache on my computer. However, an error occurred in my thumbnail, previously the thumbnail showed my laptop icon, and it is black now. How to fix it ?...
  6. Thumbnail cache messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnail cache messed up: Somehow my pictures folder shows icons and not thumbnails little pictures. If I open a folde inside the pictures folder it still shows icons until I click on each.I've tried resetting, clearing and rebuilding the thumbnail cache following directions from tenforums.comWhen I...
  7. Thumbnail cache messed up

Thumbnail cache messed up: Somehow my pictures folder shows icons and not thumbnails little pictures. If I open a folde inside the pictures folder it still shows icons until I click on each.I've tried resetting, clearing and rebuilding the thumbnail cache following directions from tenforums.comWhen I...
  8. Thumbnail Cache Rebuilding Automatically?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnail Cache Rebuilding Automatically?: Hi. I have two SSDs in my laptop, one of which contains Windows and a few programs, and the other drive is Bitlocker encrypted and contains documents, pictures and games. I am noticing that just recently, my thumbnail cache has rebuilding itself quite frequently, often after...
  9. Why in Win10 do my video thumbnails have to regenerate every time I open a folder?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why in Win10 do my video thumbnails have to regenerate every time I open a folder?: This never happened in Win7. When I open a folder with video files I have to wait while the hundreds of video clips get their thumbnails regenerated. Which is fine, if it happened only once. But after I reboot, and open the same folder, the thumbnails have to regenerate...
  10. Broken Thumbnail and Icon cache?

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken Thumbnail and Icon cache?: So yesterday when I was looking around at my wallpapers from the explorer I noticed that some thumbnail previews for my pictures are green. [img] I had to cut around the personal pictures. It's not like every picture that's like this. I think these were the ones that I...