Windows 10: Thumbnail Icons will not display large/extralarge

Discus and support Thumbnail Icons will not display large/extralarge in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone I've been searching the internet and after finding no results on this question I made this post. I have a lot of video files stored,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by That Guy, Feb 19, 2018.

1. That Guy Win User

Thumbnail Icons will not display large/extralarge

Hello everyone

I've been searching the internet and after finding no results on this question I made this post. I have a lot of video files stored, but when I go into the view tab on file explore and click display icons as large or extra large only some will display at these sizes. The rest only widen the area in between, but the actual image preview icon stays small. I've noticed that this has been a problem with hi res monitor's. I have a 2560x1440. Is there any fix to this problem? I browse a lot of video files at one time so I have to squint really hard or click on the video file itself to see what it is. Can I manually increase the size for the icons if there is no universal fix? Thank you for your time.

This post is the closest I can find to people having similar problems
    File Explorer not showing Extra large icons - Microsoft Community

:)

That Guy, Feb 19, 2018

2. Thumbnails do not show for pictures

For Windows 10 thumbnail picture icons. This worked for me.

Control Panel. View by category. Large icons. Display. Personalization. Tools.

Folder option. View. First box unchecked , (Always show icons -----)

Roy Saxton, Feb 19, 2018
  3. thumbnail size

Windows file explorer will not allow me to view my files as extra large thumbnails. I do have thumbnails but when I click on "extra large icons" the thumbnails remain the same size, but become more widely spaced.

XxgoldfishxX982, Feb 19, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

I believe that you've been bitten (or are being bitten) by a default limit in the size of the Windows 10 Thumbnail cache. This means you may be held back by a limit on the number of thumbnails (or in your case, the number of large thumbnails) that Win10 can manage. See this TenForums thread (item#64) for a Registry hack that lets you increase the size of the thumbnail cache from the default value of 550 MB to 4096 MB (4 GB). After Creators Update 2 thumbnails cache keeps auto-deleting Solved - Page 7 - Windows 10 Forums
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Thumbnail Icons will not display large/extralarge - Similar Threads - Thumbnail Icons display

2. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail: As you can see in the attached image the icons of my recently opened apps is appearing plane instead of showing the specific app icon image/thumbnail.Can anyone tell me how to fix this?...
  3. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail: As you can see in the attached image the icons of my recently opened apps is appearing plane instead of showing the specific app icon image/thumbnail.Can anyone tell me how to fix this?...
  4. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Display Thumbnail Icons" not working on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    "Display Thumbnail Icons" not working on Desktop: Hi, I've been having this "Display File Icon on Thumbnail" minor problem where Desktop prevents applying this rule on my files (works only when inside a folder), here is an example: [img] [img] Can this be solved somehow? 130747
  6. Thumbnails and task bar icons not displaying

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails and task bar icons not displaying: Since the last Windows 10 update my thumbnails do not display. Some flash on when a folder is opened but then revert to an icon. I've already tried clearing cache and trying different programs to open the files. Also the folders containing thumbnails are now slow to open....
  7. Display Icons, suddenly Large

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Icons, suddenly Large: Probably my cat, but how do I return icons to their original size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-icons-suddenly-large/a22752c9-e7f4-4412-8ca9-038ea6601f83
  8. Large and extra large thumbnails not being shown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Large and extra large thumbnails not being shown: Hey, after most of my previous problems have been resolved the thumbnails still seem to be somewhat not working. Whenever I choose large or extra large thumbnails in the View option of the explorer they are not shown or they are only shown until I refresh / close the...
  9. Thumbnails not displaying: Unchecked 'show icons'/checked 'thumbnails'

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails not displaying: Unchecked 'show icons'/checked 'thumbnails': Hi, I have unchecked the option to 'show icons instead of thumbnails' (view>options>folder options) and I have checked 'show icons' (performance>advanced) but still I get icons instead of thumbnails. I have closed and restarted file explorer multiple times to no change. I...
  10. Thumbnails not showing (Extra Large Icons, Large, Medium....

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails not showing (Extra Large Icons, Large, Medium....: hey guys, found this (finally) on the net: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2e8ff86?auth=1http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2e8ff86?auth=1 None of the solutions helped, except this one: [img] In reply to Pinaki Mohanty's post on April 6, 2013 I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file icon extra large will not display

2. icon in windows will not display extra large size

3. Display items extra large thumbnails

4. extra large thumbnails do not display,
  5. large and extra large thumbnails not working