Windows 10: Thumbnails Issue

Discus and support Thumbnails Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a portable hard drive, which has numerous media files in numerous folders, and since a Windows 10 fall update about a week ago, it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ouroboros72, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Thumbnails Issue

Hi,

I have a portable hard drive, which has numerous media files in numerous folders, and since a Windows 10 fall update about a week ago, it's taken to having to re-load all the thumbnails every time I pug-in and access the drive. It's extremely laborious waiting for it. Previously it only did that if I checked the thumbnails box when doing disk clean-up, which accordingly I only did occasionally.

Not sure if the update has changed a setting somewhere, or if it's a bug, or perhaps a corrupted cache file.

Has anyone else come across this? ... and any advice on what steps I might take to resolve the issue would be much appreciated.

:)

ouroboros72, Nov 21, 2017
  2. Peels Win User

No thumbnail for .JPG file, while thumbnail shows up for .jpg file

Hi, I am facing this issue whereby photos with a .JPG does not have a thumbnail, while .jpg has a thumbnail appearing.

Any advice?

Yes, I already enabled thumbnail and cleared cache.

Peels, Nov 21, 2017
  3. AustinLM Win User
    Clicking ANY FILE Freezes Windows Explorer

I tried both of these on my own yesterday prior to seeing this post. Neither worked. It looks like the issue is related to my thumbnail cache, so I cleared that and I'm letting it run to get all the thumbnails back. I was able to run it smoothly without
    thumbnails with no issues. Worse comes to worse, if I can't get it to work with thumbnails, I work without them.

Will keep you updated with my findings.

AustinLM, Nov 21, 2017
  4. Vadim1981 Win User
  5. ouroboros72, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Thumbnails Issue

1. Thumbnails Issue - Similar Threads - Thumbnails Issue

2. Has Microsoft fixed the "tiny extra-large thumbnails" issue for 4K screens in Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has Microsoft fixed the "tiny extra-large thumbnails" issue for 4K screens in Windows 11...: I bought a new Asus laptop with a 4K screen and like many others, I am very bothered by the tiny thumbnails view even when you select "extra large". I see this problem has been brought up before: Windows 11 didn't fix the tiny "extra large" icons on a 4k screen? - Microsoft...
  3. Has Microsoft fixed the "tiny extra-large thumbnails" issue for 4K screens in Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has Microsoft fixed the "tiny extra-large thumbnails" issue for 4K screens in Windows 11...: I bought a new Asus laptop with a 4K screen and like many others, I am very bothered by the tiny thumbnails view even when you select "extra large". I see this problem has been brought up before: Windows 11 didn't fix the tiny "extra large" icons on a 4k screen? - Microsoft...
  4. explorer doesn't show thumbnails and other issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer doesn't show thumbnails and other issues: HiI'm under windows 10 and file explorer has several issues.Currently :-file explorer displays no thumbnails and "options" is grayed out. -if I try to open or drag a picture, explorer freezes and has to be restarded.-same thing if I right click a file and press "open with"On...
  5. Windows Explorer thumbnail issues

Windows Explorer thumbnail issues: I have dozens and dozens of PDF and SGV sewing pattern files which I keep organised in folders on Windows Explorer with the image of the garment assigned as cover. For many years, there was no problem with that, but since a couple of years ago, the assigned image of the...
  6. Windows Explorer thumbnail issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer thumbnail issues: I have dozens and dozens of PDF and SGV sewing pattern files which I keep organised in folders on Windows Explorer with the image of the garment assigned as cover. For many years, there was no problem with that, but since a couple of years ago, the assigned image of the...
  7. Windows Explorer thumbnail issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. still having issues with my pictures only showing up as thumbnail icons and not the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    still having issues with my pictures only showing up as thumbnail icons and not the...: Pictures still appearing as thumbnails with no image ....did the fix mentioned but to no avail.HELP!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/still-having-issues-with-my-pictures-only-showing/645e2a09-205b-4a7a-bb80-c3ce173e6d2b
  9. Consistent issue of new thumbnails not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent issue of new thumbnails not loading: Often, I get an issue where thumbnails stop generating for images/videos in Explorer, and as such many images/videos will not have a proper thumbnail.I was able to "solve" this by deleting the thumbnail cache in Disk Cleanup and then restarting my PC, but after enough time it...
  10. Consistent issue of new thumbnails not loading

Consistent issue of new thumbnails not loading: Often, I get an issue where thumbnails stop generating for images/videos in Explorer, and as such many images/videos will not have a proper thumbnail.I was able to "solve" this by deleting the thumbnail cache in Disk Cleanup and then restarting my PC, but after enough time it...