Windows 10: Thumbnails load slowly in Explorer

Discus and support Thumbnails load slowly in Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'd like them to load faster, what can I do? I've tried this but it didn't help. 66519 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sircarlos101, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Thumbnails load slowly in Explorer

I'd like them to load faster, what can I do? I've tried this but it didn't help.

:)

sircarlos101, Oct 10, 2016

2. Just updated win10 and now pics not showing when copied from phone

Anniversary update I believe. I just got a security update yesterday also.

Transferring files over usb like normal. Now that I have rebooted it is okay except that it searches very slowly. Used to click on my phone in explorer and the menus would open right up then on to camera and my pics would show up and load thumbnails fairly
    fast. Now the menus and thumbnails open slowly.

Also there is a bar just above the file list where it shows path This PC > Windows c: .. this seems to run a search in it , a blue bar that runs across it when a folder is opened . This may be one reason for the slow loading . Do not know what it is or
    I would shut it off. Guessing maybe an index or library search ?

but at least no problems now with pics not showing up.

Marcus Killion, Oct 10, 2016
  3. dr_nitun Win User
    Breaking in bugs or Faults?

Lord Alias,

I do that as well-let the thumbnails load up completely on the screen. However, as I cycle to the next set of thumbnails, the phone takes awhile to load those thumbnails up.

Is this the same for you or once you give the phone 10seconds to load up the initial thumbnails; all thumbnails that follow load up instantly?

dr_nitun, Oct 10, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Thumbnails load slowly in Explorer

Hi, have you done any research on this? A general search for
    thumbnails load slowly
    suggests e.g.
    How to Speed Up a Windows Folder that Loads Very Slowly

But there are so many factors: how large a file is each image: where are the files located: what is the speed of access to that location: what else is the PC doing at the same time..... (check your task manager).

Another angle:
    When Windows 10 thumbnails seem to be missing or slow to load, try this | PCWorld

Please also feel free to search the forum.

Note: forum rules prohibit thread bumping... thanks.

dalchina, Oct 12, 2016
Thema:

Thumbnails load slowly in Explorer

1. Thumbnails load slowly in Explorer - Similar Threads - Thumbnails load slowly

2. Slow green progress bar windows 10. Explorer loading thumbnails slowly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow green progress bar windows 10. Explorer loading thumbnails slowly.: Imagine the following:You have a superfast PC with fresh M.2 drives. Every time you access a folder, you get a slow green explorer bar on top. It does not matter how many pictures or thumbnails there are in the folder, that green bar always appears. Go to Reddit and Quora;...
  3. Slow green progress bar windows 10. Explorer loading thumbnails slowly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow green progress bar windows 10. Explorer loading thumbnails slowly.: Imagine the following:You have a superfast PC with fresh M.2 drives. Every time you access a folder, you get a slow green explorer bar on top. It does not matter how many pictures or thumbnails there are in the folder, that green bar always appears. Go to Reddit and Quora;...
  4. Slow green progress bar windows 10. Explorer loading thumbnails slowly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HEIC files thumbnails loads slowly in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HEIC files thumbnails loads slowly in File Explorer: HEIC file thumbnails load slowly. Every time I open a folder, they pop up sequentially and often times this takes a while and can be frustrating when trying to move quickly through folders. I work around this by changing the folders setting to details only. The drawback is I...
  6. HEIC files thumbnails loads slowly in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEIC files thumbnails loads slowly in File Explorer: HEIC file thumbnails load slowly. Every time I open a folder, they pop up sequentially and often times this takes a while and can be frustrating when trying to move quickly through folders. I work around this by changing the folders setting to details only. The drawback is I...
  7. HEIC files thumbnails loads slowly in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Thumbnails not loading properly in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails not loading properly in Windows Explorer: Hello, My thumbnails recently haven't been loading properly. I attached some pictures to show what they look like. For some folders, the thumbnails are just blank white pictures, and for other folders, the thumbnails are just blank black spaces. How can I fix this? I...
  9. File Explorer Loading Files Slowly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer Loading Files Slowly: Hi, everyone Hoping someone could help me with a problem I'm having with my File Explorer. I have 2 folders with a huge number of files (Folder 1 with 47K images at 34GB, and Folder 2 with 113K images at 53GB). Folder 1 takes the green bar 30sec to load up its files, but...
  10. Windows 10 -Thumbnails and shortcuts loading slowly in folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 -Thumbnails and shortcuts loading slowly in folders: Constantly, over multiple installations, I've been having issues with the loading of thumbnails, so much so that I've just come to the conclusion that it's a standard issue with Windows 10. Several times a day, whenever I open my download folder or other picture folders,...