Windows 10: Thumbnails not displaying: Unchecked 'show icons'/checked 'thumbnails'

Discus and support Thumbnails not displaying: Unchecked 'show icons'/checked 'thumbnails' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have unchecked the option to 'show icons instead of thumbnails' (view>options>folder options) and I have checked 'show icons'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ammeg, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Ammeg Win User

Thumbnails not displaying: Unchecked 'show icons'/checked 'thumbnails'

Hi,

I have unchecked the option to 'show icons instead of thumbnails' (view>options>folder options) and I have checked 'show icons' (performance>advanced) but still I get icons instead of thumbnails. I have closed and restarted file explorer multiple times to no change. I have posted the screenshot below to show the current settings. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you.

Thumbnails not displaying: Unchecked 'show icons'/checked 'thumbnails' [​IMG]

:)

Ammeg, Dec 2, 2015

2. Thumbnails do not show for pictures

I have "Turn off the display of thumbnails and only display icons" unchecked. Thumbnails for files such as JPEG files show up, but the thumbnails don't show up for files such as Canon's RAW files with the CR2 extensions. I can buy software that will
    make these appear, but it doesn't appear that Microsoft keeps up with anything past the basics with regard to photos. It surprises me that they don't.

SBrewer557, Dec 2, 2015
  3. Unable to show .nef thumbnails on windows 10

When going to any folder with .nef files, from my nikon d850, no thumbnails are shown. I have tried:

Click on View tab and check if the below options are checked:

• Display file icon on thumbnails

• Show preview handlers in preview pane.
    d. Uncheck the below options:

• Always show icons, never thumbnails

• Always show menu

e. Enable or disable any other options you wish to make changes on by checking and unchecking the adjacent option boxes.

f. Click on Apply and OK.

This did nothing.

I can see the .nef files from all of my older cameras like the d750.

Thank you

OssianLangenborg, Dec 2, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

When you right click on the folder itself and select properties, there is a tab called customise. In this tab you can select what type of folder you want and choose Pictures. You can have this cascade down to subfolders as well. As for the other settings you mentioned, I usually keep my folder settings as the defaults.

philc43, Dec 4, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Thumbnails not displaying: Unchecked 'show icons'/checked 'thumbnails' - Similar Threads - Thumbnails displaying Unchecked

2. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail: As you can see in the attached image the icons of my recently opened apps is appearing plane instead of showing the specific app icon image/thumbnail.Can anyone tell me how to fix this?...
  3. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail: As you can see in the attached image the icons of my recently opened apps is appearing plane instead of showing the specific app icon image/thumbnail.Can anyone tell me how to fix this?...
  4. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Thumbnails not showing, only icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails not showing, only icons: Hi.I`ve tried all the recommendations that were on Google, and cant get the thumbnails to come back.All of these I`ve tried..............https://allthings.how/10-ways-to-fix-image-and-video-thumbnails-not-showing-problem-on-windows-10/Even asked "Bleeping Computer" forum...
  6. Thumbnails showing only icon

Thumbnails showing only icon: Why do thumbnails of downloaded photos now show only the icon, not the picture? Can this be cured? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnails-showing-only-icon/fa5d3dc9-bd66-4142-8704-d8c8afc0bfba"
  7. Thumbnail display

Thumbnail display: I cannot keep thumbnails displaying. I dump cache but this doesnt fix the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-display/4f00e77a-4a00-4fd6-8657-86a8f723b325"
  8. Thumbnails Displaying

Thumbnails Displaying: I have a large(ish) folder of pictures. For some of the pictures the thumbnail is a preview of the picture. For others it is the generic picture icon. All of the pictures are in the same format, and taken from the same device. Size does not appear to be a factor. Tried...
  9. Icons and thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons and thumbnails: Hi all, hope you can help. Ok, in Windows 7, when changing the desktop pic, you could see thumbnails of the pics you wanted to select. I have fixed this in windows 10, all well and good, BUT, I now have thumbnails of pics on my desktop that previusly were just icons. I'd...
  10. Thumbnails showing as icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails showing as icons: Hi - I hope someone can help When I look at my phone image files through my laptop via USB MTP using Windows10 I can see some file thumbnails as images (those from the DCIM Android folders - DCM images and other JPG images transferred to my phone from my camera) but other...