Windows 10: Thumbnails not showing (Extra Large Icons, Large, Medium....

Discus and support Thumbnails not showing (Extra Large Icons, Large, Medium.... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hey guys, found this (finally) on the net:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jeffrys, Nov 6, 2015.

1. jeffrys Win User

Thumbnails not showing (Extra Large Icons, Large, Medium....

hey guys,

found this (finally) on the net:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2e8ff86?auth=1http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2e8ff86?auth=1

None of the solutions helped, except this one:

Thumbnails not showing (Extra Large Icons, Large, Medium.... [​IMG]
    In reply to Pinaki Mohanty's post on April 6, 2013

I tried this and it didn't work. But together with what I did next it probably helped.

Open up the folder with the pictures and click on the View tab
    Next click on Options to the far right
    Then Click on Change folder and search options
    This opens up an options menu
    Navigate to the view tab
    uncheck the box that says Always show icons, never thumbnails
    And Check the box that says Display file icon on thumbnails.

This should solve the problem. It worked for me.

Maybe this is in the tutorials here, do not know, but problem solved.

Jeff

:)

jeffrys, Nov 6, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How do I find the old "My Pictures" on a Windows 10 computer?

Hi kkanemitsu,

In Windows 10 the old 'My Pictures' folder is called 'Pictures'

It is located here (replace UserName with your login name):

C:\Users\UserName\Pictures

If you can only see icons instead of thumbnails:

Open Windows File Explorer

On the view Tab, in the Layout Section, choose Small, Medium, Large or Extra Large Icons

Then at the end of the View Tab, click Options

In the resulting dialog, on the View Tab, uncheck 'Always show icons, never Thumbnails'

DaveM121, Nov 6, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Viewing pictures

Hi Dotsy.

Open File Explorer

On the View Ribbon, choose Small, Medium, Large or Extra Large icons from the Layout Section

Then click the Options button at the end of that View Ribbon

Click on the View Tab of the resulting Dialog

Uncheck the top item in that list 'Always show icons, never thumbnails'

Click Apply and OK

That should provide you with the required view . . .

DaveM121, Nov 6, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 6, 2015
  5. Thanks Jeff, this part worked for me too.

ResRudeBoy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Thumbnails not showing (Extra Large Icons, Large, Medium.... - Similar Threads - Thumbnails showing Extra

2. My thumbnail are showing as large pictures but not extra large...how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My thumbnail are showing as large pictures but not extra large...how can I fix it?: I am looking at my thumbnails as large but when I click extra large they still show up as the same size the picture or the icon doesn't get bigger for the viewing...
  3. My thumbnail are showing as large pictures but not extra large...how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My thumbnail are showing as large pictures but not extra large...how can I fix it?: I am looking at my thumbnails as large but when I click extra large they still show up as the same size the picture or the icon doesn't get bigger for the viewing...
  4. My thumbnail are showing as large pictures but not extra large...how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Extra large are not extra large jpegs in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extra large are not extra large jpegs in windows explorer: I am trying to get my jpeg files to appear larger e.g. extra large but there is no difference between large and extra large other than more space between them. I have a fairly new HP Spectre laptop and this is so frustrating for photo work. please help Peg...
  6. File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer not showing Extra large icons: Hi, File Explorer not showing Extra large icons? Any help, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-showing-extra-large-icons/9172bd32-da5f-44bf-ba56-4395199ce0f7
  7. Large and extra large thumbnails not being shown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Large and extra large thumbnails not being shown: Hey, after most of my previous problems have been resolved the thumbnails still seem to be somewhat not working. Whenever I choose large or extra large thumbnails in the View option of the explorer they are not shown or they are only shown until I refresh / close the...
  8. File Explorer Showing Blank Thumbnail on Medium/Large Icons Option.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Showing Blank Thumbnail on Medium/Large Icons Option.: this happened outa know where and havent found anyone else like this. ive tried every method out there http://prntscr.com/l2cgoh Already tried this method and also tried cleaning thumbnail files in my ssd and it just messes up my computer after i wipe then my computer gets...
  9. Can't view any icons in large or extra large

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't view any icons in large or extra large: View in medium icons [ATTACH] But view in large icons [ATTACH] Everything else works just fine. It seems like windows 10 won't read any icons in large or extra large....
  10. No Size Difference between Large and Extra Large Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    No Size Difference between Large and Extra Large Thumbnails: I used to be able to Control scroll with the mouse wheel to expand the thumbnail (icon) size to "Extra Large Icons". Now large and extra large produces the same size thumbnail, but with extra large there is more space between each. How can fix this so the thumbnail actually...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thumbnails only show on medium icon

2. windows extra large photo icons

3. extra large icons option is disabled for my Pictures folder

4. extra large icons windows 2019,
  5. windows explorer wont display extra large thumbnails,
  6. i cant see my thumbnails on large icons,
  7. thumbnails not showing in list small,
  8. iF i VIEW EXTRA LARGE THUMBNAILS THEY ARE SMALL THAN LARGE THUMBNAILS,
  9. extra large explorer thumbnails not working,
  10. picture thumbnail only with extra large icon