Windows 10: Thumbnails of ICO files down't show up if stored in OneDrive

Discus and support Thumbnails of ICO files down't show up if stored in OneDrive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ever since Microsoft OneDrive updated to Version 2017 (Build 17.3.7059.0930), all my PDF files that I have stored show thumbnails which never happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Silverfish2910, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Thumbnails of ICO files down't show up if stored in OneDrive

Ever since Microsoft OneDrive updated to Version 2017 (Build 17.3.7059.0930), all my PDF files that I have stored show thumbnails which never happened before. Great.

Thumbnails of ICO files down't show up if stored in OneDrive [​IMG]

However, all my ICO (*.ico) files no longer show thumbnails after they are synched like they used to. Here is a screenshot I took showing the new icons I saved yesterday (which haven't been synched) and older ones that are synched.

Thumbnails of ICO files down't show up if stored in OneDrive [​IMG]

How do I get my icon thumbnails back?

What I've already done:

• Rebuild icon cache (Go to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer; delete all iconcache_*.db files)
    • Icrease size of icon cache (Regedit; KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer; New String Value "Max cached icons"; Set to 8MB "8192")

:)

Silverfish2910, Oct 7, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

thumbnails not opening...tried everything

Hi Stephanie, are these files physically on your PC or are they stored on OneDrive.

I have seen it a lot lately, where a folder with lots of images on OneDrive, shows the first few thumbnails and shows icons for the rest . . .

DaveM121, Oct 7, 2017
  3. Clavius Win User
    Preview Pane for Images/Some Thumbnails/Photos not Working Only on OneDrive Folder

The preview pane and thumbnails as well as the Photos app are not working, but only on my OneDrive folder. It works fine on an exact copy of the same files that are not in the OneDrive synced folder structure (and known to Windows as being OneDrive).

• Open OneDrive Folder, navigate to photos directory
    • Sony Raw images (.ARW) do not show thumbnails. (I have the Sony plug in installed)
    • Double click on a raw file, Photos says "We can't open this file."
    • Click on a jpeg file, and with preview window turned on, no preview appears
    • Double click on jpeg file, opens fine in Photos, and then the preview window image appears

• Navigate to a directory that is not synced to OneDrive
    • Sony Raw thumbnails show up fine. They also show up in the preview window.
    • Double click on Raw file and Photos opens it up without problems

• Back to OneDrive photo directory
    • Copy raw file to desktop
    • Immediately the thumbnail appears and the file can be opened with Photos. The same file that it can't open from Explorer in the OneDrive directory

This is only happening on my desktop. My laptop is fine. Both same versions of Windows 10 Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19

Clavius, Oct 7, 2017
Thema:

Thumbnails of ICO files down't show up if stored in OneDrive

1. Thumbnails of ICO files down't show up if stored in OneDrive - Similar Threads - Thumbnails ICO files

2. DNG file not showing as Thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNG file not showing as Thumbnail: If I go to a folder of pictures files .... the jpeg show as thumbnails, and one or 2 DNG will show as thumbnails, but not all.If you have a great many files it is really annoying not having the thumbnail showChecked that the option in File Explore is to display as...
  3. File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing: Hello there,I was working on File Explorer recently and noticed that my file thumbnails mostly my video files are not showing their thumbnails in my folder instead of the program icon. I've had this problem for quite some time now, since a few months ago. It's becoming a...
  4. Certain files thumbnail not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain files thumbnail not showing: I have recently bought a new hhd hard disk and after moving some files to that hard disk, I noticed that all the media file e.g png,jpg,mov etc won't show their thumbnails. Then I tried several methods:1, go to the folder option and disable "Always show icons, never...
  5. ico files will not show corectly.

ico files will not show corectly.: I've been trying to get ICO files to show up in File Explorer and they will not show. I see the icon of where I can open it but not the picture itself. If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated...
  6. Show thumbnails in OneDrive folders without disabling Files On Demand?

Show thumbnails in OneDrive folders without disabling Files On Demand?: Is there any way to make thumbnails work in OneDrive folders without disabling Files On Demand? I would like thumbnails for my videos to appear, however the only way I have heard that let's me do this is to disable "Files On Demand" which will download every single file in...
  7. OneDrive, files on demand, and thumbnails

OneDrive, files on demand, and thumbnails: When "Files on demand" is enabled, I can't see the file thumbnails in folders inside OneDrive, even if the file is actually downloaded. How can I fix this?...
  8. OneDrive not showing up in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive not showing up in File Explorer: I have 3 machines with W10 build 1903, two with Pro and one with Home. On both the Pro machines, OneDrive shows up just before This PC. On the home machine OneDrive does not appear at all. One Drive seems to work just fine on all three machines, things that are supposed to be...
  9. File Explorer not showing thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer not showing thumbnails: My file explorer is not displaying thumbnails ( as it was earlier) instead it is showing default program icon ( windows photo viewer, set as default for all pictures) for all picture files like jpgs, bmps. When I browse folders containing pictures. at first it displays...
  10. Thumbnails not showing after uploading files to OneDrive

Thumbnails not showing after uploading files to OneDrive: Good day, I use a 3D modelling software called Revit, which creates a preview thumbnail of the current view when you save, which can then be viewed from Windows Explorer so that you have a preview of the model file before opening it: [ATTACH] However, when I save these...