Windows 10: Thumbs-Up for Opera 44.0, with 2 Caveats

Discus and support Thumbs-Up for Opera 44.0, with 2 Caveats in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; With only 2 main reservations...err make that 2.5, I give current Opera v.44.0 a big thumbs-up. Good features, great efficiency, good if not great... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cognus, Apr 26, 2017.

1. cognus Win User

Thumbs-Up for Opera 44.0, with 2 Caveats

With only 2 main reservations...err make that 2.5, I give current Opera v.44.0 a big thumbs-up. Good features, great efficiency, good if not great speed, good stability.

The 2.5 caveats:
    1.0 Bad default on font scaling makes fonts pale and fuzzy if not fixed. - This is an older problem come back to haunt but fortunately has an easy and very effective fix.
    1.0 Even in Private Mode, all attempts within Opera to completely clear the Internet Cache fail. Try it yourself. Happily Ccleaner can do it. I don't know the cause, and would like to report it to them but see no way to do so. It partly cleans up, but always manages to leave anywhere from, say, 8MB worth of junk to quadruple that.
    0.5 I never have trusted Opera for Bookmarks. They don't seem to be concerned about it. If you import bookmarks, they will be botched somewhere somehow. If you rely on Opera to keep them, then MOVE them to the next machine or whatever, good luck. You'll only lose the ones you found the most valuable

Those aside, I use it, I like it. Even at 1080p running dense videos, it is very lean/mean and looks good if the first issue above is corrected.

:)

cognus, Apr 26, 2017

2. Two of everything?

Why are there two of everything? I would think it would take up space that could be used for speedier processes. I would like to be able to choose one and delete the other. IE & Opera (thumbs up to Opera), then there's two music players (I like the one I
    DL'd from the Marketplace). The music player always has an error. It does not do the album art.

The weather is always off, too.

Magnolia127, Apr 26, 2017
  3. My windows 10 pc wont boot unless anti malware is disabled at startup.

1. Firefox version 44.0 is still installed.

2. KB3144756 is not in my Update History

3. I was able to install Flash Player via Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions.

Emmanuel Abotsi, Apr 26, 2017
Thema:

Thumbs-Up for Opera 44.0, with 2 Caveats

1. Thumbs-Up for Opera 44.0, with 2 Caveats - Similar Threads - Thumbs Opera Caveats

2. ACPI\INT34C6\2&DABA3FF&0 is coming up as unknown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACPI\INT34C6\2&DABA3FF&0 is coming up as unknown: ACPI\INT34C6\2&DABA3FF&0 is coming up as unknown Windows 11 HomeASUS H570-Pro WiFiASUS has no solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acpiint34c62daba3ff0-is-coming-up-as-unknown/d2f8ab6f-f994-4a4f-ae7e-7f8c7000b78f
  3. Thumbs Up/Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbs Up/Down: since you've removed the THUMBS down.... why don't you hide the thumbs up too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbs-updown/0b9494f3-2dd1-4f73-b726-12005548b0e0
  4. Thumbs Up/Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbs Up/Down: since you've removed the THUMBS down.... why don't you hide the thumbs up too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbs-updown/0b9494f3-2dd1-4f73-b726-12005548b0e0
  5. Battery 1 : 0% and Battery 2 is charging up to 100%.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery 1 : 0% and Battery 2 is charging up to 100%.: Hello everyone I resetted device back to factory settings. It didn't helped.Nodirbek. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-1-0-and-battery-2-is-charging-up-to-100/ea9960f7-8231-4241-a3a3-3ed9bb4f917c
  6. Battery 1 : 0% and Battery 2 is charging up to 100%.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery 1 : 0% and Battery 2 is charging up to 100%.: Hello everyone I resetted device back to factory settings. It didn't helped.Nodirbek. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-1-0-and-battery-2-is-charging-up-to-100/ea9960f7-8231-4241-a3a3-3ed9bb4f917c
  7. backing up to a thumb drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backing up to a thumb drive: i asked some time back about doing backup and some gave me different ways to do this. i picked karan's backup and i did a dozen or so backups testing that program. then i got a 2tb thumb drive off ebay and last night i formatted it and ran that backup sith that program and it...
  8. Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008: Hi, While trying to buy from Windows store I got an "Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008" message. Any idea how to resolve this? Vijay. [ATTACH]...
  9. Caveat

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Caveat: hello, I spent 2 days without being able to fix a serious issue: the keyboard was ok (reacting correctly on a low level boot) but stayed dummy a deaf on normal boot. This happenned twice when I updated device drivers using 2 different specialized softwares. Both soft...
  10. Upgrade Questions With Caveats

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Questions With Caveats: I've done the upgrade to Windows 10 at least 30 times so far. All have been non-domain computers. I've done one so far that was a domain computer, and it was removed from the domain, thanks to the remove everything option. So my question is this. What's the best way to...