Windows 10: Thunderbird -- can't disable auto config --FIXED !!!

Discus and support Thunderbird -- can't disable auto config --FIXED !!! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there I'm trying to add a new email account in Thunderbird Somehow latest release tries to "Dumb down" the manual configuration and attempts... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Aug 18, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Thunderbird -- can't disable auto config --FIXED !!!

Hi there

I'm trying to add a new email account in Thunderbird

Somehow latest release tries to "Dumb down" the manual configuration and attempts to do it automatically.

However the email server I'm using isn't in Thunderbird's database so it seems to stay in an infinite loop.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH SOFTWARE DESIGNERS -- please don't Simplify apps too much -- give users choice of Auto / Manual config for these cases -- it's really not possible for Thunderbird to store every conceivable email provider in the database !!!!!!.

Surely at least if it can't find the email server it should say OK no server found enter manually.

If you hit Manual config it still tries the automatic lookup !!!!!!!!!

Thunderbird -- can't disable auto config --FIXED !!! [​IMG]

Fix though (backdoor method) !!!

select a VALID email provider --say your ISP or whatever for the email server bit

Now you can CHANGE the settings to what you want (your real server , IMAP etc etc.

What a dogs dinner of a way to do it though. !!!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 18, 2017

2. Error 0x80070bc2 when Windows 10 update trying to install KB4048955 for version 1709

OK, I got the commands to run.

SC config wuauserv start= auto

SC config bits start= auto

SC config cryptsvc start= auto

SC config trustedinstaller start= auto

The system installed some updates and now the troublesome KB4093112 is installed. That's great. Now can someone actually explain WHY these commands fixed the problem? I'd sure like to understand it better.

Thanks, Mike

MikeHamRadio, Aug 18, 2017
  3. KB4074588 keep failing to install

Can't get this issue fixed. 0x80070bc2 error.

2018-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4074588)

It keeps failing, always asking to restart and installing again and again.

Tried this, but no success.

• Right-click on Windows key and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the following commands in Command Prompt window. To execute them, press Enter after each one.

SC config wuauserv start= auto

SC config bits start= auto

SC config cryptsvc start= auto

SC config trustedinstaller start= auto
    • Finally, restart your PC and try to install the update that was previously returning the 0x80070bc2 error.

NicolaRottermann, Aug 18, 2017
Thema:

Thunderbird -- can't disable auto config --FIXED !!!

1. Thunderbird -- can't disable auto config --FIXED !!! - Similar Threads - Thunderbird can't disable

2. Wlan Auto config is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wlan Auto config is missing: Hello my wlan auto config service is missing and i dont know hoe to add it my wifi is on but i cant find any networks because of the missing service https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wlan-auto-config-is-missing/7098da1c-8459-40fc-8984-e92ea9340049
  3. Wlan Auto config is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wlan Auto config is missing: Hello my wlan auto config service is missing and i dont know hoe to add it my wifi is on but i cant find any networks because of the missing service https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wlan-auto-config-is-missing/7098da1c-8459-40fc-8984-e92ea9340049
  4. WLAN Auto Config Won't Run

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLAN Auto Config Won't Run: Hello,Following recent Windows 10 Definition update KB2267602, my Wifi USB adaoter has stopped workong so i have no internet.The first time this haooebed i ended up doing a system restart. This time ive tried a system restart and a systeM restore and its still not working. I...
  5. Wlan Auto Config Error 139: 0xc1

Wlan Auto Config Error 139: 0xc1: So first off, this happened randomly I have been using my all-in-one daily for a while due to covid, and I logged on one morning to see that it wouldn't connect to the Internet, it couldn't find any connections when I did a troubleshoot it said that Windows wireless service...
  6. WLAN Auto Config

WLAN Auto Config: Recently I posted about my wirless problem regarding how after every few second the audio and video would stuck for 2-3 seconds. But sadly, only 2-3 people gave suggestions but those were totally useless. Post Link:...
  7. How To Disable Auto Config Please Wait?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How To Disable Auto Config Please Wait?: Hello! I am constantly getting a box popping up saying auto config please wait, how do I stop this? I tried to fix myself based on tutorial from a few of forum as well as articles but the it doesn't work at all. So, I decided to open this thread on Microsoft. I did all of...
  8. Can't DISABLE auto login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't DISABLE auto login: My Microsoft login automatically logins in on 3 computers, including one that I just bought. I have never enabled auto login for the user on any computer, so I don't know why it is doing this, and I especially don't know why it starts doing on any new computer that the user...
  9. Thunderbird IMAP manual config V60 - Here's how

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird IMAP manual config V60 - Here's how: Hi folks For Thunderbird using non standard types of accounts and IMAP it's not intuitive to get into the manual config screens. After add account selection : (it will assume use existing email -- don't even think of using "new email address" you'll just go round in circles...
  10. Thunderbird V60 update -- Manual config now easy

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird V60 update -- Manual config now easy: Hi folks Finally an email client has done something sensible -- restored the ease of configuring email accounts manually. Thunderbird V60 works perfectly on Windows with several accounts on IMAP. The only thing to beware of is if you use your own mail servers (often if you...