Windows 10: Tidy up of folders on a NAS

Discus and support Tidy up of folders on a NAS in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have been backing up to my NAS for a few years now. As you can imagine with differing home folder names and other changes, there are multiple copies... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by swarfega, May 6, 2018.

1. swarfega Win User

Tidy up of folders on a NAS

I have been backing up to my NAS for a few years now. As you can imagine with differing home folder names and other changes, there are multiple copies of my user folders on there. I would like to merge these and sanitise them but I dont want to loose any files.

Whats the best method for comparing folders and copying the difference over.

:)

swarfega, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Tidy up of folders on a NAS

1. Tidy up of folders on a NAS - Similar Threads - Tidy folders NAS

2. File on NAS and Folder on NAS needs to be deleted thumbs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File on NAS and Folder on NAS needs to be deleted thumbs: Windows 10 Pro in Workgroup 20H2 version NAS Buffalo \\nasbuffaloipaddress\backups\backup2020.old and thumbs file in folder Have rebooted NAS and stopped backup service in services Would like to delete The file 'thumbs.db' is a system file. If you remove it, Windows or...
  3. Tidying up foreign Windows10 by reinstalling from USB.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tidying up foreign Windows10 by reinstalling from USB.: I recently bought a Chinese tablet which has Windows10 installed but looking through the directories I find many entries that are in Chinese characters and I am hoping a fresh install will clean up any possible spyware that the tablet may have. I do not know if a standard...
  4. Tidy Up My Desktop - Suggestions Please

in Windows 10 Support
    Tidy Up My Desktop - Suggestions Please: In all the years I have had a pc I find myself saving things on my desktop to access quickly. Eg Word Docs just created, latest eBook downloaded, web pages etc I simply must remember etc If I put them in a folder I can never remember where they are Comes with age lol Can you...
  5. How log to tidy up sync settings on server

in Windows 10 Customization
    How log to tidy up sync settings on server: Hi I just turned off my sync settings because I have bought a new laptop and do not want the settings to be sync/same. The web page came back quickly to say that settings have been deleted but it also said that some data would be deleting when regular housekeeping had run...
  6. Tidying/reorganising disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tidying/reorganising disk: Hello Members I have finally updated my old work laptop from W8.1 pro to Win 10 pro. During the process I was shy of wiping the disk 0 and only formatted C:. Consequently I have a bit of a mongrel looking disk [img] Should I reinstall again and wipe the disk beforehand or...
  7. Backup tidying?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup tidying?: I have quite a few GB of Macrium system images from various Windows versions and the space consumption is getting pretty high. These are full system images that include Windows+Program Files etc. To consolidate things I figured I would pull all the important stuff from the...
  8. Backup tidying?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Backup tidying?: I have quite a few GB of Macrium system images from various Windows versions and the space consumption is getting pretty high. These are full system images that include Windows+Program Files etc. To consolidate things I figured I would pull all the important stuff from the...
  9. Tidy up Start up settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tidy up Start up settings.: Hello, first time poster here - I am a bit of a clean freak and I have a issue that is driving me crazy, there is a few programs that are no longer installed onto my computer however still shows on the 'Start up' via Task Manager, I have attached an image of what I mean,...
  10. NAS Folder Properties

in Windows 10 Support
    NAS Folder Properties: I have 2 NAS devices connected on my LAN. the view on the contents of the folders on the NAS is set to "Details". But almost every time after a shutdown (computer and NAS) the view changes to "Large Icons". This doesn't happen with my C drive and connected SATA drive. Why...