Windows 10: tile names/pin to start

Discus and support tile names/pin to start in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Windows8 I was able to rename the tiles I pinned to start. i.e.: I pinned all of my payment sites that I use to start, they appeared with random url... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Corinalyn, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Corinalyn Win User

tile names/pin to start

In Windows8 I was able to rename the tiles I pinned to start. i.e.: I pinned all of my payment sites that I use to start, they appeared with random url titles so I changed them to reflect the name of the company & the due date. I can not seem to be able to do this in Windows10. Can anyone help?

:)

Corinalyn, Oct 2, 2015
  2. Chris NH Win User

Renaming Tiles in Windows 10

Yes. Yes. Yes. This tile re-naming issue forces me in many cases to use IE11 when I would otherwise prefer to use Edge. So if you are listening, Mr. or Ms. Microsoft Edge and Start Menu Product Managers, please add the following (or their equivalents) to
    your feature backlog:

1) Make default tile names created by the Edge "Pin this page to Start" feature more clear.

2) Allow Edge users to edit the default name of a tile before pinning it to Start.

3) Allow two rows of text in the names of Start tiles pinned by Edge (currently two rows of text are allowed in the names of tiles pinned by File Explorer but not Edge).

4) Allow users to easily rename Start tile names (e.g. add "Rename" to tile right click menus).

Chris NH, Oct 2, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    I can't bring anything to the Start Menu

Hi Marco,

if you right click a shortcut to a program, do you see 'Pin to Start'?

If you right click an exe, do you see 'Pin to Start'?

If you do see and click 'Pin to Start', does that not add a tile to your Start Menu

And does the added tile have the correct name?

DaveM121, Oct 2, 2015
Thema:

tile names/pin to start

1. tile names/pin to start - Similar Threads - tile names pin

2. Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile: I tried to pin my Camera start menu item to a tile in Windows. At first it worked & I saw it move over, then something happened, I heard a beep & it disappeared. Now it is not giving me the option to move it there again, but it thinks it is already there but it is not. Can...
  3. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: so when i close everything it goes to desktop and im not able to see desktop apps because start menu is blocking everything and wont close. os build {19041.508} 2004...
  4. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: when ever i close everything i cant see anything in desktop apps because start menu pinned tiles wont close??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pinned-tiles/e0987182-f335-48a0-ab83-c7f1a213dfbd
  5. Start menu pinned tiles lost

Start menu pinned tiles lost: Hello to all, Yesterday I have done the following Windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4551762/windows-10-update-kb4551762 Now I see that I also moved to Version 1909, too. … and ever since all my pinned programs in the Start menu are gone not the...
  6. Tiles Names Missing

Tiles Names Missing: Some of the names on my start page tiles are missing. Can I correct this? Also, one tile seems to have a sub-tile. How to make sub-tile the primary tile?...
  7. Make Pin To Start Always Use Small Tile

Make Pin To Start Always Use Small Tile: Yes, please, probably a tweak in the registry somewhere. Every time I pin something to the start, I and tired of having to then do a SECOND step of making it use the SMALL tile. Got to teach windows to do things my way. 105635
  8. Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?: Hello! I haven't tried the previews but follow the development through blogs and YouTube. I am running 8.1 on all my PC's and love it. I've become used to the start screen and tiles but was under the impression that the new start menu in 10 would make it possible to pin...
  9. Pin to Start Tiles Too Big

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin to Start Tiles Too Big: Build 10122 I have three folders I want to Pin to Start. Then folder icons within the tiles are too large and over write the folder name. I don't recall this happening to previous builds. The folder names should appear, left to right, asUtilities, Archives and My...
  10. Changing Names on Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Names on Start Menu tiles: I have searched all over for a simple method of changing the names on start menu tiles, especially the ones relating to websites etc. Isn't it possible for Microsoft to come up with a simple "right-click on tile" solution which would allow you to change the properties of the...