Windows 10: Tiles in Start System move around and are scattered.

Discus and support Tiles in Start System move around and are scattered. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The tiles are inconsistent in placement and trying to order them with the mouse moves other tiles in all directions. I have not tried to do a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hrosita, May 4, 2015.

1. hrosita Win User

Tiles in Start System move around and are scattered.

The tiles are inconsistent in placement and trying to order them with the mouse moves other tiles in all directions.
    I have not tried to do a clean install of 10074 because I have quite a few third party programs installed to make sure they work with Windows 10.
    I am running Windows 10 as a second boot on my Inspiron 7520 laptop with 8 GB of memory.
    I am also having problems with Cortana but I will enter that in a different thread.

Tiles in Start System move around and are scattered. [​IMG]

:)

hrosita, May 4, 2015

2. I can't move tiles around in the start menu. I can pin applications to the start menu / tiles but dragging them around no longer works

Hi,

See if this registry fix (removes all Personalize Policies) helps. Ignore the title.

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/personalize-some-settings-managed-organization/

(Logoff and login back after applying the registry edit)

Lost "Pin to Start Screen" and other options, can't drag - Microsoft Community

Lost "Pin to Start Screen" and other options, can't drag icon to Start

Ramesh Srinivasan, May 4, 2015
  3. I can't move tiles around in the start menu. I can pin applications to the start menu / tiles but dragging them around no longer works

I can't move tiles around anymore in the start menu. I can pin applications to the start menu / tiles but dragging them around no longer works

medhatnassef, May 4, 2015
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

Not on my system. . .*Smile. . .I know that doesn't help, albeit unless they do what is happening on yours, well. . .

5. Edwin New Member
    @ hrosita:

It's a little bit tricky, but if you move them around slowly you'll get it.
    If you move them and a 'bar' appears, it will create a new 'group' (1)
    Then you can also move the groups around if you hover til you see the double lines (2)

Edwin, May 5, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    Use Classic shell, it works well.

Gary, May 5, 2015
  7. meebers Win User
    Is there a way to remove this "feature" and just let them float and stay where you put them?

meebers, May 5, 2015
  8. Edwin New Member

Not that I know of, or have tried!

Edwin, May 5, 2015
  9. LEE
    Lee Win User
    As I stated earlier mine is stable:

10. In my W10TP b10074 VM:
    • The "snap" distance seems to have been reduced to the width of the smallest tiles.
    • I can overlap tiles

lehnerus2000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Tiles in Start System move around and are scattered. - Similar Threads - Tiles Start System

2. An uninteractable random Microsoft Store tile is on my screen after moving around start bar...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    An uninteractable random Microsoft Store tile is on my screen after moving around start bar...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AnimationEcho [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kb2n38/an_uninteractable_random_microsoft_store_tile_is/
  3. Start Menu Folder Tiles moving on their own

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Folder Tiles moving on their own: Every now and then I open my start menu and folders such as the ones labeled I, W and V below have moved far below where I put them. Sometimes they end up overlapping. I wondered if I just somehow moved them by accident I'm pretty sure I didn't and other strange things happen...
  4. Can't move some of the start tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't move some of the start tiles: Hello, I'm not able to move the Documents, Music, Video, Downloads or Pictures start tiles. I can add/remove them and resize them, but my computer won't let me move them. I can click and drag them around, but they return to the same spot when I release the mouse button....
  5. Cannot move random start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move random start menu tiles: I have certain start menu tiles, regardless of size, that can be displaced by other tiles, but if you try to move them anywhere on their own, they just snap back into their original position. This condition has existed for me I would say years now. As in the past, the only...
  6. Windows 10 Tile Start menu crashes after trying to move tiles.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Tile Start menu crashes after trying to move tiles.: Hi, recently i did a fresh windows install and i noticed when trying to move the tiles in the start menu it misbehaves and crashes instantly, i updated my integrated graphics drivers and rebooted my computer but everytime i try to move or change tiles to another group the...
  7. Focus Square Around Tiles

Focus Square Around Tiles: Does anyone know how to hide the focus square around the Start Menu tiles when moused over. If they cannot be removed can they be recoloured? Thanks for any help with this. [img] 135527
  8. Cannot move start menu tiles

Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move the tiles on the start menu. As soon as I try to click and drag one it immediately disapears, only to reappear in the original location when I reboot. Everything else seems to work with them, I can pin new apps (although I haven't worked out how to get them in...
  9. Cannot move start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move/rearrange start menu tiles. when I click to select a tile, it immediately opens the application and closes the menu. I am running Win 10 v1703 93199
  10. Moving tiles to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving tiles to start menu: Is it possible to move a tile to the taskbar or the start menu. 27437

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Tiles in Start System move around and are scattered.