Windows 10: Time and Date sync issue in Windows 11

Discus and support Time and Date sync issue in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Date and time aren't syncing in Windows 11. I am shown a sync failure message.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hariraman Iyyar, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Time and Date sync issue in Windows 11

Date and time aren't syncing in Windows 11. I am shown a sync failure message.

:)

Hariraman Iyyar, Feb 26, 2024

2. Date and Time Not Syncing Automatically

I am a Windows 10 user. I am also using Linux Ubuntu in parallel with Windows 10 as I have dual booted my laptop. The problem I am facing is that the date and time is not automatically syncing in Windows 10. Everytime I boot Windows, I have to manually sync
    it by going to "Date and Time Settings" and clicking on Sync Now.

The date and time in ubuntu is working just fine and shows no problem which indicates that there is no hardware issue.

The "Set time automatically" option in Date & Time settings is on but it doesn't seem to work.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanking you in advance.

TarunLuthra123, Feb 26, 2024
  3. Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 26, 2024
  4. MMoooh Win User

Time and Date sync issue in Windows 11

Time & date always wrong

Since upgrading to Windows 11 a few months ago, the time and date on my system are always wrong on boot. I have to go into date & time settings and click "Sync Now" to fix it.

I've tried multiple debugging steps but nothing has worked:

1. Replaced the CMOS battery. I also dualboot linux on my PC and the time is correct there. My BIOS settings are saved. So I believe the battery is fine.
    2. Set "Windows Time Service" in services.msc to start automatically. Stopped and restarted it.
    3. Run SFC and DISM checks. Both OK.
    4. Ran windows update. Everything is up to date.
    5. Re registered w32time:

Everything seems to be fine once i manually sync time. So why isn't it syncing on boot? Where is it getting the wrong time from if the BIOS time is correct?

MMoooh, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

Time and Date sync issue in Windows 11

1. Time and Date sync issue in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Date sync issue

2. Time and Date sync issue in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time and Date sync issue in Windows 11: Date and time aren't syncing in Windows 11. I am shown a sync failure message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-and-date-sync-issue-in-windows-11/9e522cdf-aeae-41f9-ae92-a3058d0a11c5
  3. Time and DAte issue at windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time and DAte issue at windows 11: my pc date and time gets changed always.no matter what ever i hadd done like keeping time sync with region setting the windows time option to automatically at run command ..everything i had changed even i tried to stop the location of my pc set evrything to manual. i changed...
  4. Time and DAte issue at windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time and DAte issue at windows 11: my pc date and time gets changed always.no matter what ever i hadd done like keeping time sync with region setting the windows time option to automatically at run command ..everything i had changed even i tried to stop the location of my pc set evrything to manual. i changed...
  5. Date and time sync not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date and time sync not working.: Hello. I recently moved to the United States, and I need to change my date and time settings.Unfortunately, the time zone will not synchronize. I have a 6-month old Surface Laptop 4 and I'm only getting these problems now.When I change my time zone to Eastern time, the time...
  6. Date and time sync not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Date and time sync not working.: Hello. I recently moved to the United States, and I need to change my date and time settings.Unfortunately, the time zone will not synchronize. I have a 6-month old Surface Laptop 4 and I'm only getting these problems now.When I change my time zone to Eastern time, the time...
  7. Date & time sync issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Date & time sync issues: I've a windows 10 Pro installation on a desktop bought August 2020. However, I have synchronisation issues. The computer won't synchronize automatically. It always displayed the date/time of the most recent shutdown of the computer. Settings in date/time: * Time...
  8. Date and Time Not Syncing Automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Date and Time Not Syncing Automatically: I am a Windows 10 user. I am also using Linux Ubuntu in parallel with Windows 10 as I have dual booted my laptop. The problem I am facing is that the date and time is not automatically syncing in Windows 10. Everytime I boot Windows, I have to manually sync it by going to...
  9. Sync of Date and time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync of Date and time: My windows 10 is not syncing date and time. I am doing it manually every time by going to control panel --> Internet time settings --> update now. The server mentioned by for time sync is 'time.windows.com'. i have verified 'windows time' services and it is in automatic mode...
  10. Windows time and date syncing issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows time and date syncing issue: Hi, I have this problem whereby the time and date are not always syncing on my computer from cold boot. I have tried setting Windows Time to start automatically in Services Manager and to restart the service if it fails. But for some reason after each switch on it keeps...