Windows 10: Time to Upgrade to the latest 8.0 version of Skype for desktop

Discus and support Time to Upgrade to the latest 8.0 version of Skype for desktop in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Skype has always been about bringing people together. We continue to be driven by the opportunity to connect our global community of hundreds of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Time to Upgrade to the latest 8.0 version of Skype for desktop

Source: Upgrade to the latest version of Skype for desktop | Skype Blogs

:)

Brink, Jul 16, 2018
  2. malware Win User

New Skype Version Released

Although, not one of my favourite programs, Skype is considered a high priority software application. The latest 3.5.0.239 release, is now available for download and it fixes some major bugs:
    • bugfix: Links with invalid % encodings were executed
    • bugfix: Data execution protection may have crashed Skype
    • bugfix: Pressing escape did not end call
    • Security improvements to ensure it is no longer possible to shut down Skype from a web page
    DOWNLOAD

Source: Skype

malware, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Skype versions

Hello. I had Windows 8 installed on my Samsung 370R when I bought it. I later updated to Windows 8.1, and so on Windows 10 in 2015.

I downloaded Skype in Windows 8 or 8.1. Later, I updated it to the desktop Version of Skype. I cannot remember whether I did this in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.

In Windows 10, a new app to download and install Skype was installed on my computer. This app did not detect that I already had the Desktop Version of Skype.

Now, after updating to Windows 10, 1607, Skype Preview has been installed on my computer. Some time after I'd finished the update, an app called Skype Preview launched. I had not manually started Skype Preview. This means that I now have two versions of
    Skype. They are both working fine.

I see that Skype Preview is not listed in Control Panel's list of programs, but it is in Settings app's list. In here, it says that Skype Preview is 10,9 MB. Is this just an addition to the Skype that I already had?

I am used to that Skype 7.28 is pretty slow and lags a lot. Skype Preview is not as slow, as far as I've used the program to now.

Which one of these shall I use? Should I deinstall the other one? If so, shall I deinstall it through "programs and functions" in Control Panel? Any other information I've missed?

Time to Upgrade to the latest 8.0 version of Skype for desktop 5b4da5de-cdc5-48a9-810b-fb0da0f52a73.png

Skype 7.28/Desktop version, which I installed in Windows 8 or 8.1

Time to Upgrade to the latest 8.0 version of Skype for desktop 6990d566-a299-473f-ba5c-56546ce4d6db.png

List of apps in Settings

Time to Upgrade to the latest 8.0 version of Skype for desktop 8cb674b3-d4a4-4249-8912-3712b5c24ad6.png

Skype Preview, which I can find on Start's list of apps

Desktop version of Skype

Time to Upgrade to the latest 8.0 version of Skype for desktop 656616ba-6171-42c5-85df-889c3dac4956.png

Andreas.mhm, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Time to Upgrade to the latest 8.0 version of Skype for desktop

skype doesn't closing even after clicking "Quit skype"

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype app on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the latest version of Skype on your device and check.

Method 1: Remove the earlier versions of the Skype and then install the latest version.

Step 1: Uninstall Skype from the Start Screen:

• On the Start screen, type

• From the list select Skype and right click on it.

• You will get different options on the screen .Select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: You can also uninstall a program from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel. Click on
      Programs

• Select Programs and Features.

• Double click on Skype and follow the onscreen instructions.

Refer the below link to download the Skype app for the devices:

Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update with the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Time to Upgrade to the latest 8.0 version of Skype for desktop

1. Time to Upgrade to the latest 8.0 version of Skype for desktop - Similar Threads - Upgrade latest version

2. Desktop Upgrades with Windows 10 latest Version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Desktop Upgrades with Windows 10 latest Version: My desktop and a laptop were updated several months ago based on offers from Microsoft. So we updated all the computers in my family. I started having problems with my desktop and I put it aside as I have a laptop to work with. I recently figured out to fix the desktop. I...
  3. Unable to Upgrade to latest version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Upgrade to latest version: Hi,I have been unable to upgrade to the latest Windows Version. My current version is 1803 and OS build 17134.1304The upgrade has frozen at 89% for 3 days. I have tried upgrading through Download Windows 10 microsoft.com but have not had any lucky....
  4. How to upgrade my windows 8 pro to 8.1 latest version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to upgrade my windows 8 pro to 8.1 latest version: I want to upgrade my windows 8 pro to 8.1 so i will like to know how to do this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-my-windows-8-pro-to-81-latest/3783e425-c4db-4312-9b73-7411ffc1b9ab
  5. Skype for Desktop latest versions on Windows 10 Update Failed problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype for Desktop latest versions on Windows 10 Update Failed problem: I have 9 different computers in my business all running Win10 x64 and we use the Skype for Desktop version on all of them because the Skype Windows 10 app has several serious user interface shortcomings compared to the Skype for Desktop. Up until the last 6 weeks, everyone's...
  6. New Skype MSI version 8.0 for IT Admins to Distribute Skype 8

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype MSI version 8.0 for IT Admins to Distribute Skype 8: Today, we are rolling out an updated version of Skype MSI version 8.0 on desktop app for Windows that will replace Skype MSI version 7.0. If you are an IT administrator, you can now download an MSI for Skype version 8.0. You can use the new MSI to distribute the latest...
  7. How to Delete Chat History In Skype Version 8

How to Delete Chat History In Skype Version 8: I already delete chat by delete conversation... But when i login again.. Some of chat that i already deleted reappear... any Solution?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-chat-history-in-skype-version-8/d1a54404-4966-4280-a3d2-791c638f417d
  8. Time to Upgrade to the latest version of Skype 8.0 for desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Time to Upgrade to the latest version of Skype 8.0 for desktop: Skype has always been about bringing people together. We continue to be driven by the opportunity to connect our global community of hundreds of millions, empowering them to feel closer and achieve more together. As we pursue these goals, we’re always looking for new ways to...
  9. Skype for desktop: how to change chat font style/size in version 8.x ?

Skype for desktop: how to change chat font style/size in version 8.x ?: Hi all, Unlike in skype's previous versions, in version 8.x (for desktop) it is impossible to change font size & style in chat (instant messaging) via skype menus, this is very very sad. Now fonts look very small and not clear, super disturbing! Could someone tell me what...
  10. Skype Preview evolves in the latest version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Preview evolves in the latest version of Windows 10: Since its launch in 2003, Skype has been powered by the latest technology to bring people together in new ways, enabling over three billion minutes of Skype calls every day, across multiple platforms and devices from mobile to desktop. Wow! You’ll remember the Windows 10...