Windows 10: Time: Upgrade to Win10

Discus and support Time: Upgrade to Win10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How long generally does it take to upgrade to Win10 from Win7. Does it depend on HD & Processor? I have an SSD and AMD Triple core 3.10GHz. Win7 is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rgh43, Feb 14, 2016.

1. rgh43 Win User

Time: Upgrade to Win10

How long generally does it take to upgrade to Win10 from Win7. Does it depend on HD & Processor?
    I have an SSD and AMD Triple core 3.10GHz.
    Win7 is pretty new clean install about 1&1/2 weeks old.

:)

rgh43, Feb 14, 2016

2. Windows Defender Real Time apparently blocks a forum I use

1. Did you upgrade to Win10 - not Win10 Anniversary Update - in October of 2016 or 2015?

2. Had the upgrade to Win10 - not Win10 Anniversary Update - ever been offer via Windows Update by the time you chose to upgrade manually?

3. Assuming you install Win10 Anniversary Update [AKA Win10 1607] manually, was the update ever offered to the computer via Windows Update by the time you chose to install it manually?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fact: Norton and McAfee applications are notorious for not uninstalling (or upgrading) cleanly. The "leftovers" may be your troublemaker here.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Feb 14, 2016
  3. reaa.co Win User
    Computer won't go to sleep

Methods did not work, I had no problem with Power Options until I Upgrade to Win10 from Win7. This is a conman\big problem with Win10 upgrade, all you have do is search Power Options Win10 Upgrade on the Internet.

Again thank you for time and help.

Ralph

reaa.co, Feb 14, 2016
  4. SonicBlue Win User

Roughly 1 hour maybe 1.5.

SonicBlue, Feb 14, 2016
  5. rgh43 Win User
    I did a clean install of Win10 and then re did it back to Win7 a short time ago . The clean install of Win 10 seemed to go very quickly but still had to load all programs . Thank you for the information, now to get started.

rgh43, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Time: Upgrade to Win10 - Similar Threads - Upgrade Win10

2. Upgrade Win7 to Win10, "Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000", how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Win7 to Win10, "Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000", how to fix?: I went to upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10, and, downloaded the installer/media creation tool, but, this error comes up when I boot it,"Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000". How does a person fix that?...
  3. Upgrade Win7 to Win10, "Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000", how to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Win7 to Win10, "Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000", how to fix?: I went to upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10, and, downloaded the installer/media creation tool, but, this error comes up when I boot it,"Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000". How does a person fix that?...
  4. Upgrade Win7 to Win10, "Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000", how to fix?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: Hi,I have a dual boot Win10 Pro PC where one of the bootable installations comes up with the error "Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO" during boot up whilst showing the Windows logo.I have tried checking the drive, repairing it with Installation Media and nothing is working.I...
  6. Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: Hi,I have a dual boot Win10 Pro PC where one of the bootable installations comes up with the error "Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO" during boot up whilst showing the Windows logo.I have tried checking the drive, repairing it with Installation Media and nothing is working.I...
  7. Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

8. current computer is not compatible with win10. If i upgrade motherboard and cpu, will i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    current computer is not compatible with win10. If i upgrade motherboard and cpu, will i...: My current computer is not compatible with win10. If i upgrade motherboard and cpu, will i be able to use current ssd with installed win10 or will win 10 refuse to boot on new motherboard cpu combo?...
  9. current computer is not compatible with win10. If i upgrade motherboard and cpu, will i...

current computer is not compatible with win10. If i upgrade motherboard and cpu, will i...: My current computer is not compatible with win10. If i upgrade motherboard and cpu, will i be able to use current ssd with installed win10 or will win 10 refuse to boot on new motherboard cpu combo?...
  10. current computer is not compatible with win10. If i upgrade motherboard and cpu, will i...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fixing upgrading from win7 to win10 1809