Windows 10: Time when win 10 downloads updates

Discus and support Time when win 10 downloads updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I cant find where to set the time when Win 10 download's updates, Im on a metered connection through Hughesnet. I need all updates to download after 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by pwdiver, May 16, 2016.

1. pwdiver Win User

Time when win 10 downloads updates

I cant find where to set the time when Win 10 download's updates, Im on a metered connection through Hughesnet. I need all updates to download after 2 am. Thanks for any help*Sad

:)

pwdiver, May 16, 2016
  2. temanjena Win User

Win 10 Upgrade Will NOT Turn Off

After downloading and installing, then removing Win 10 twice (first time my video card basically came to a grinding halt); then, once nVidia had new drivers, I installed a second time; and, removed when Win 10 removed my Norton from my system. Any OS that
    removes virus protection would be a 'hack' in my view. So, I uninstalled Win 10 a second time. HOWEVER, now when I try to install Win 7 updates, the Win 10 download takes over. And, to cover the basics: YES - I went into updates and removed KB3035583;
    Yes - I restarted the computer; Yes - when the updates came up I then 'hid' KB3035583; AND, Yes - I have done a search of all installed updates and KB3035583 does not show up being available. Win 10 download still comes up AND not only does it do nothing
    (I timed it -- set at 0% download for 10 minutes), this also prevents any other updates from downloading as the Win 10 download is taking precedence over everything else.

So, seems that either I switch to Win 10 or live without updates to Win 7. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

temanjena, May 16, 2016
  3. temanjena Win User
    How to Turn Off Update to Win 10?

After downloading and installing, then removing Win 10 twice (first time my video card basically came to a grinding halt); then, once nVidia had new drivers, I installed a second time; and, removed when Win 10 removed my Norton from my system. Any OS that
    removes virus protection would be a 'hack' in my view. So, I uninstalled Win 10 a second time. HOWEVER, now when I try to install Win 7 updates, the Win 10 download takes over. And, to cover the basics: YES - I went into updates and removed KB3035583;
    Yes - I restarted the computer; Yes - when the updates came up I then 'hid' KB3035583; AND, Yes - I have done a search of all installed updates and KB3035583 does not show up being available. Win 10 download still comes up AND not only does it do nothing
    (I timed it -- set at 0% download for 10 minutes), this also prevents any other updates from downloading as the Win 10 download is taking precedence over everything else.

So, anyone have a possible solution?

temanjena, May 16, 2016
  4. Time when win 10 downloads updates

Unless, you have Pro version, it can not be set. You can try this, but I do not think, it works for Home version.

Run CMD as admin and enter:

reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU" /v "AUOptions" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f
    reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU" /v "ScheduledInstallDay" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU" /v "ScheduledInstallTime" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f

Eventually, you can use Windows Update MiniTool to download updates at the desired time manually.

TairikuOkami, May 16, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Time when win 10 downloads updates

1. Time when win 10 downloads updates - Similar Threads - downloads updates

2. Windows 11's Moment Update 5 is finally here: how to download

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11's Moment Update 5 is finally here: how to download: Microsoft released the fifth Moment Update for Windows 11 in February 2024. This release did not reach many user systems, as Microsoft limited its availability artificially. While Microsoft did state that the update was available to "seekers", users who check for updates...
  3. Windows Update download error, Advanced Micro Devices Inc. - USB - 1.0.0.11 Download error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update download error, Advanced Micro Devices Inc. - USB - 1.0.0.11 Download error...: Hello,Windows update is having issues downloading an update. Advanced Micro Devices Inc. - USB - 1.0.0.11 Download error - 0x80248014Let me know if I need to include something else....
  4. Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded: My message area indicated that Windows 11 upgrade was available. I selected the Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded - even after I received the successful confirmation message. I paused the install for 2 weeks but that's a temp fix and...
  5. Windows Update download error, Advanced Micro Devices Inc. - USB - 1.0.0.11 Download error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update download error, Advanced Micro Devices Inc. - USB - 1.0.0.11 Download error...: Hello,Windows update is having issues downloading an update. Advanced Micro Devices Inc. - USB - 1.0.0.11 Download error - 0x80248014Let me know if I need to include something else....
  6. Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded

Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded: My message area indicated that Windows 11 upgrade was available. I selected the Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded - even after I received the successful confirmation message. I paused the install for 2 weeks but that's a temp fix and...
  7. Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Unable to download/update apps in the windows store app. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download/update apps in the windows store app. Windows 11: I have a new install of Windows 11 and cannot download/update any apps in the Windows Store app. When I try to update an app I get the error "Something unexpected happened" Code 0x80073CFE...
  9. Unable to download/update apps in the windows store app. Windows 11

Unable to download/update apps in the windows store app. Windows 11: I have a new install of Windows 11 and cannot download/update any apps in the Windows Store app. When I try to update an app I get the error "Something unexpected happened" Code 0x80073CFE...
  10. Windows Won't Restart After Downloading Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Won't Restart After Downloading Cumulative Update: Hello, Windows Update automatically installs Cumulative Update, and now it wants me to restart. The problem is I can't. I clicked the restart blue button on the setting. Didn't work. I tried from the start option. Didn't work. I tried using DISM and Scannow, and nothing was...