Windows 10: Time zone changes when undocked

Discus and support Time zone changes when undocked in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On one users computer, the time zone seems to change when she undocks her computer. Suddenly the time is 2 hours off (until today, when it was 3 hours... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by genevish, Nov 6, 2016.

1. genevish Win User

Time zone changes when undocked

On one users computer, the time zone seems to change when she undocks her computer. Suddenly the time is 2 hours off (until today, when it was 3 hours off, presumably because of the DST change over the weekend). When she re-docs, the time reverts to normal.

Any thoughts? Her time zone and region is set correctly.

Thanks,

-Scott

:)

genevish, Nov 6, 2016
  2. PMHolln Win User

Time not changing when changing Time Zones

This is working now since the last major upgrade. So for me, resolved (update windows)

PMHolln, Nov 6, 2016
  3. PMHolln Win User
    Time not changing when changing Time Zones

Worked. Thank you very much.

Sorry for the late reply, I first had to travel again.

PMHolln, Nov 6, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

A dock provides extra power, and direct (Ethernet) internet connection.
    Make sure the computer is set to the proper Time Zone and Region.
    With the computer un-docked, boot into Setup (Bios) set the time here correctly. Restart the computer. After that If the computer does not tell the correct time when un-docked, the CMOS battery must be changed.
    Time zone changes when undocked [​IMG]

spunk, Nov 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Time zone changes when undocked - Similar Threads - zone changes undocked

2. Time zone keeps changing to Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time zone keeps changing to Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone.: My Windows 10 PC rebooted last night update?. It now wants to place me in the Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone. I had to turn off the automated setting for the time zone to fix this. Please advise...
  3. Time zone keeps changing to Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time zone keeps changing to Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone.: My Windows 10 PC rebooted last night update?. It now wants to place me in the Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone. I had to turn off the automated setting for the time zone to fix this. Please advise...
  4. Time zone keeps changing to Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Change Time zone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Time zone: I am trying to change my Time Zone but the button isn't allowing me and is grayed out. Please help me change the time zone. How can I get the button to allow me to change the time zone?...
  6. Change Time zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Time zone: I am trying to change my Time Zone but the button isn't allowing me and is grayed out. Please help me change the time zone. How can I get the button to allow me to change the time zone?...
  7. Changing Time Zone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing Time Zone: My time zone is US Mountain Time. Whenever I try to change the time zone to US Mountain Time my pc automatically changes back to Pacific Time. Does anyone know why or a way to fix this?...
  8. Changing Time Zone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Time Zone: I recently built my computer and the time has always been a few hours behind, I've googled how to change the time zones but after I change it to my timezone the time doesn't change on the computer. I need help. submitted by /u/Facts-I-Made-Up [link] [comments]...
  9. Time zone Automatically changes when restarted

Time zone Automatically changes when restarted: Every time I restart the machine the time zone will changes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-zone-automatically-changes-when-restarted/0de0c253-1cc0-4715-94b9-b527264c3c33
  10. change time zone

change time zone: I have recently restore my laptop and I cant change my time zone to gmt5.30. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-time-zone/48c89f25-8f2b-47bd-a2bb-ddb3e82e9450