Windows 10: Time zone changes when undocked

Discus and support Time zone changes when undocked in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On one users computer, the time zone seems to change when she undocks her computer. Suddenly the time is 2 hours off (until today, when it was 3 hours... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by genevish, Nov 6, 2016.

1. genevish Win User

Time zone changes when undocked

On one users computer, the time zone seems to change when she undocks her computer. Suddenly the time is 2 hours off (until today, when it was 3 hours off, presumably because of the DST change over the weekend). When she re-docs, the time reverts to normal.

Any thoughts? Her time zone and region is set correctly.

Thanks,

-Scott

:)

genevish, Nov 6, 2016
  2. PMHolln Win User

Time not changing when changing Time Zones

This is working now since the last major upgrade. So for me, resolved (update windows)

PMHolln, Nov 6, 2016
  3. PMHolln Win User
    Time not changing when changing Time Zones

Worked. Thank you very much.

Sorry for the late reply, I first had to travel again.

PMHolln, Nov 6, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

A dock provides extra power, and direct (Ethernet) internet connection.
    Make sure the computer is set to the proper Time Zone and Region.
    With the computer un-docked, boot into Setup (Bios) set the time here correctly. Restart the computer. After that If the computer does not tell the correct time when un-docked, the CMOS battery must be changed.
    Time zone changes when undocked [​IMG]

spunk, Nov 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Time zone changes when undocked - Similar Threads - zone changes undocked

2. Cannot change time zone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change time zone: When tries to change the time zone from Singapur to India,Delhi it gets reverted after I reopend the window When I tried to change in date and time option i got a dialogue box saying "Your changes can not be saved " I tried a lot but cant do anything Plz plz help...
  3. time zone won't change

time zone won't change: I Had my time zone set to GMT, but I'm visiting Australia and the time zone didn't automatically change, when I try to change it myself it has no effect & resets itself after I leave the page in settings. When I try to change it in control panel, it says I don't have...
  4. Time Zones do not change

Time Zones do not change: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64. I just travelled to a new Time Zone for work. The computer did not adjust automatically to the new TZ and Local Time. I attempted to change the TZ in Settings, but even though I clicked the new TZ, it reverts back to the original TZ once...
  5. Time Zone keeps changing

Time Zone keeps changing: I live in Ireland and my time zone is in GMT. My pc thinks otherwise and every time I change it back to GMT it keeps putting the time zone to Pacific Time . When I went to services.msc, I found Windows time and then changed the startup type from disabled to Automatic. Then I...
  6. Time Zone

Time Zone: When I launched my laptop a few minutes ago, the time zone was set to Amsterdam while I live in Eastern US. If I choose to turn off the automatic option I can set the clock to the correct time zone. Then, if I turn the automatic setting back on it reverts back to Amsterdam....
  7. Time Zone

Time Zone: My computer is saying I am in Dublin for the time zone, however I am not. My time zone won't change to Eastern Standard. How do I fix this? It is saying I need to contact my computer administrator....
  8. change time zone

change time zone: I have recently restore my laptop and I cant change my time zone to gmt5.30. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-time-zone/48c89f25-8f2b-47bd-a2bb-ddb3e82e9450
  9. Time Zone Randomly Changes to Brasilia

in Windows 10 Support
    Time Zone Randomly Changes to Brasilia: I started have a problem with my clock today. I noticed it was 2 hours ahead of the normal time. When I checked the Date and Time Settings, the time zone was set to Brasilia. After changing clock back to Central Time (US & Canada) it was fine for an hour. Then it switched...
  10. Time Zones

in Windows 10 Support
    Time Zones: In my Windows 10 only the local time zone is available. Please help. 27214