Windows 10: Time zone is all messed up

Discus and support Time zone is all messed up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am located in Europe and all I know is that during the Win10 install it does not have the option to select a Time zone. The default time zone is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win10freak, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Time zone is all messed up

I am located in Europe and all I know is that during the Win10 install it does not have the option to select a Time zone. The default time zone is Pacific Time which is -9 hours behind my time zone.

So for example, when installing Win10 locally here on a Friday February 19 on 1700 my time zone shows from the Original Install Date of February 20 02:00 from running the Systeminfo command.

How can I resolve this issue next time I install Win10 to show my local time zone from the Systeminfo command?

What steps do I need to do?

:)

win10freak, Feb 18, 2016
  2. DaveKGold Win User

Recurrent Appointment Changes By Itself

I wish it was that easy. Yes they are both on the same time zone. The only appointments that it seems to do this with is recurrent appointments. If it was a time zone issue other appointments would be messed up too.

DaveKGold, Feb 18, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    Automated update of the time zone

That sounds like something is completely broken on your carrier's end and by not selecting the appropriate time zone, you are messing up all your calendar appointments and daylight savings rules.

Entegy, Feb 18, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Time zone is all messed up

Have you tried this way ?......................
    Bottom right, click the time > click "Date and time settings" > under Time Zone, click the pointer and change it.

Time zone is all messed up [​IMG]

davidhk, Feb 19, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    I cannot find anything on how to set the time zone during install. I vaguely remember doing this once but I can't find anything on it now.

I looked through Brink's Clean Install tutorial and it doesn't mention it at all other than at the very end where it says to make sure it's correct.

Ztruker, Feb 19, 2016
  6. I reinstalled again
    But this time I hit the update now button next to the sync time settings one or two times then after that changed the time zone to my local time zone.

But trying to remember now how I did it exactly but that's how I played around with it. Maybe there was a reboot I did as well.

Then I ran the command Systeminfo and now original install date is my local time.

Very odd that Microsoft removed the option to change time zone during the setup.

win10freak, Feb 19, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Can't even send that in via Feedback as it requires you to login with your Microsoft account which I don't have on this computer.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Time zone is all messed up

1. Time zone is all messed up - Similar Threads - zone messed

2. Time zone in Microsoft Outlook!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time zone in Microsoft Outlook!!: I searched for timezone in OUTLOOK app but there is no indian time zone available . I searched for support but i found that i should choose UTC+5:30 but can tell me specific name of any time zone for Outlook , pls!!...
  3. Time zone in Microsoft Outlook!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time zone in Microsoft Outlook!!: I searched for timezone in OUTLOOK app but there is no indian time zone available . I searched for support but i found that i should choose UTC+5:30 but can tell me specific name of any time zone for Outlook , pls!!...
  4. When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...: I noticed my clock was 6am when it should be 11pm. In date and time settings my time zone is automatically set as UTM-6:00 instead of UTM+10, I can only manually correct the time zone. If I correct the zone and then check "set time zone automatically" the time zone reverts to...
  5. When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...

When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...: I noticed my clock was 6am when it should be 11pm. In date and time settings my time zone is automatically set as UTM-6:00 instead of UTM+10, I can only manually correct the time zone. If I correct the zone and then check "set time zone automatically" the time zone reverts to...
  6. When I check "set time zone automatically" the time zone is wrong UTM-6 but should be UTM10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I check "set time zone automatically" the time zone is wrong UTM-6 but should be UTM10...: My date and time seWhen I went to my dttings I noticed my time zone is automatically set as UTM-6:00 I live in Australia. I can only manually change the time zone to the correct one -UTC+10 When I check "set time zone automatically" the time zone reverts to the incorrect zone...
  7. When I check "set time zone automatically" the time zone is wrong UTM-6 but should be UTM10...

When I check "set time zone automatically" the time zone is wrong UTM-6 but should be UTM10...: My date and time seWhen I went to my dttings I noticed my time zone is automatically set as UTM-6:00 I live in Australia. I can only manually change the time zone to the correct one -UTC+10 When I check "set time zone automatically" the time zone reverts to the incorrect zone...
  8. How can I change the position of the "click zone" to be in the center, instead of the top-left?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the position of the "click zone" to be in the center, instead of the top-left?: I want to take a custom cursor, and adjust the settings so that, instead of clicking at the top-left corner of the image, it clicks at the center of the image. I've already tried adjusting where the center of the cursor is on the image, but it gets cut off. I've been stuck on...
  9. How can I change the position of the "click zone" to be in the center, instead of the top-left?

How can I change the position of the "click zone" to be in the center, instead of the top-left?: I want to take a custom cursor, and adjust the settings so that, instead of clicking at the top-left corner of the image, it clicks at the center of the image. I've already tried adjusting where the center of the cursor is on the image, but it gets cut off. I've been stuck on...
  10. Why are some Countries capital cities not shown in the time zone list in windows?

Why are some Countries capital cities not shown in the time zone list in windows?: The biggest ones I have seen missing are Philippines and Ethiopia and South Africa. I didn't keep looking, but I am sure there are more missing. Who decides what cities appear in this list and what not? Why not to include all of the capitals in the list? Why is there no logic...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer time zone messed up during new year