Windows 10: Time Zone Randomly Changes to Brasilia

Discus and support Time Zone Randomly Changes to Brasilia in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I started have a problem with my clock today. I noticed it was 2 hours ahead of the normal time. When I checked the Date and Time Settings, the time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BlindPixel, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Time Zone Randomly Changes to Brasilia

I started have a problem with my clock today. I noticed it was 2 hours ahead of the normal time. When I checked the Date and Time Settings, the time zone was set to Brasilia. After changing clock back to Central Time (US & Canada) it was fine for an hour. Then it switched back to Brasilia.

This didn't start until today. Also the Internet Time my computer is synchronized with time.windows.com so not sure if they are having a problem or not.

:)

BlindPixel, Jun 15, 2016

2. Time zone changes automatically in windows 10.

old title :Time zone auto-change

In the past few hours, my Windows 10 Laptop computer clock has changed itself to the time zone of GMT -3 Brasilia. I keep putting it back to my proper time zone of GMT+10 for Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney since I live in Australia.

But within an hour the clock once again reverts back to the GMT-3 Brasilia time zone, without my permission.

Why is it doing this, when it has never done it before?

Michael Bruse, Jun 15, 2016
  3. Time zone changed (and continues to change) after Windows update

Other people have had the exact same problem I'm having. After an update my time zone changed from Pacific to Brasilia. After changing time zone via control panel I had, briefly, the correct time. The PC reverted (several times after repeating the Control
    Panel method) to Brasilia. I saw this thread and went into BIOS and noted my system time was 6 hours off. I corrected the time and that worked but only about a day. I have, for a second time, gone into the BIOS and noted that the system time was Pacific
    (no change) but the time displayed on screen (and in Control Panel) was Brasilia time. Is there a third method which will give a permanent fix to this issue?

StevenAasen, Jun 15, 2016
  4. Time Zone Randomly Changes to Brasilia

Try setting the Time Server to Nist.gov, verify your timezone is still correct, then sync time now and restart the machine.

Slartybart, Jun 16, 2016
Thema:

Time Zone Randomly Changes to Brasilia

1. Time Zone Randomly Changes to Brasilia - Similar Threads - Zone Randomly Changes

2. Change Time zone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Time zone: I am trying to change my Time Zone but the button isn't allowing me and is grayed out. Please help me change the time zone. How can I get the button to allow me to change the time zone?...
  3. Change Time zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Time zone: I am trying to change my Time Zone but the button isn't allowing me and is grayed out. Please help me change the time zone. How can I get the button to allow me to change the time zone?...
  4. Cannot change time zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change time zone: Windows 10 Pro for WorkstationsMy time is not correct on my workstation. I went to Settings. The time zone is incorrect. I cannot change it because it is grayed out. I am the administrator. There are vague references to Microsoft 365, which I do use. Any help appreciated,...
  5. Changing Time Zone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing Time Zone: My time zone is US Mountain Time. Whenever I try to change the time zone to US Mountain Time my pc automatically changes back to Pacific Time. Does anyone know why or a way to fix this?...
  6. Time Zone Keeps Changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time Zone Keeps Changing: Hi, my time zone keeps changing to ET I'm CT even when I do detect time zone automatically or when I set it to central manually. - This has been happening since I purchased the laptop a pretty much brand new lenovo thinkpad carbon x1 w/ windows 10 - Switching detect time...
  7. Changing Time Zone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Time Zone: I recently built my computer and the time has always been a few hours behind, I've googled how to change the time zones but after I change it to my timezone the time doesn't change on the computer. I need help. submitted by /u/Facts-I-Made-Up [link] [comments]...
  8. Time zone won't change

Time zone won't change: Hello, I live in Eastern Time zone, and I am trying to change my PC's time zone to this time zone. However, every time I restart of wake the PC from sleep, my time zone reverts back to IST time zone. How do I change it permanently?...
  9. Time Zone keeps changing

Time Zone keeps changing: I live in Ireland and my time zone is in GMT. My pc thinks otherwise and every time I change it back to GMT it keeps putting the time zone to Pacific Time . When I went to services.msc, I found Windows time and then changed the startup type from disabled to Automatic. Then I...
  10. change time zone

change time zone: I have recently restore my laptop and I cant change my time zone to gmt5.30. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-time-zone/48c89f25-8f2b-47bd-a2bb-ddb3e82e9450