Windows 10: Timeout by Microsoft Edge 25.10586.0.0 reports with local HTML files

Discus and support Timeout by Microsoft Edge 25.10586.0.0 reports with local HTML files in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Microsoft Edge 25.10586.0.0 reported timeout and failed to read local HTML files after the latest Windows update January 2016. All other browsers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dragonxi4tenfor, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Timeout by Microsoft Edge 25.10586.0.0 reports with local HTML files

Microsoft Edge 25.10586.0.0 reported timeout and failed to read local HTML files after the latest Windows update January 2016.

All other browsers such as Safari, Chrome, Opera succeed to to read those HTML files from local hard disks,
    as did the previous MS Edge version.

What is the max for its timeout ?

Can one adjust/set the timeout for MS Edge ?

Could it report the time it used and the defined time it had ?

:)

dragonxi4tenfor, Jan 20, 2016
  2. SecSS Win User

Microsoft browser stopped accessing and reported timeout with local hard disk html files after the December Windows 10 update

Microsoft browser stopped accessing and reported timeout with local hard disk html files after the December Windows 10 update.

All other browsers in PC are capable to handle local HTML files

SecSS, Jan 20, 2016
  3. the windows browser edge will not allow me to access the microsoft homepage.how do i fix this?

the version of windows edge is 25.10586.0.0,html 13.10586 for some reason the browser will not allow to access the microsoft homepage.i'm trying to figure out the problem and solve it.I need Help!!!

alvinfoster, Jan 20, 2016
Thema:

Timeout by Microsoft Edge 25.10586.0.0 reports with local HTML files

1. Timeout by Microsoft Edge 25.10586.0.0 reports with local HTML files - Similar Threads - Timeout Microsoft Edge

2. Microsoft Edge changed .xml to 'Microsoft Edge HTML Document' files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge changed .xml to 'Microsoft Edge HTML Document' files.: I was trying to do reagentc /enable in the SMD after formating my Disk because I was having trouble installing the new security update. But it says that Windows RE wasn´t found, but, somehow, the .XML file changed their file type to 'Microsoft Edge HTML Document' I'd like to...
  3. Microsoft Edge changed .xml to 'Microsoft Edge HTML Document' files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge changed .xml to 'Microsoft Edge HTML Document' files.: I was trying to do reagentc /enable in the SMD after formating my Disk because I was having trouble installing the new security update. But it says that Windows RE wasn´t found, but, somehow, the .XML file changed their file type to 'Microsoft Edge HTML Document' I'd like to...
  4. Microsoft Edge changed .xml to 'Microsoft Edge HTML Document' files.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. A rar file changes into a Microsoft Edge Html document after downloading. And the html...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A rar file changes into a Microsoft Edge Html document after downloading. And the html...: Hello, This is Ashwin. I have a desktop with Windows 10. When i download a rar file from the website, it automatically changes into a Microsoft HTML document when the download finishes and I also can't extract the file using WinRar and BreeZip. Please help with my question....
  6. Local .html files opening with file in Chrome/Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local .html files opening with file in Chrome/Edge: By default, when you right-click on an .html file in Windows Explorer, it opens with the header "file://" instead of "html://". Is there a way to change this default behavior in Windows, or is this something that is native to Edge/Chrome that is causing the issue?...
  7. Srttrial.txt 0×0 error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Srttrial.txt 0×0 error: When i go advanced settings and repair windows from loadind i get this error..and when i open the file it says hdd errors 0×0 long page..how i fix that?i tried to put every command in cmd doesnt help..and tried many youtube guides ..i thought the prob was on hdd so i bought...
  8. Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008: Hi, While trying to buy from Windows store I got an "Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008" message. Any idea how to resolve this? Vijay. [ATTACH]...
  9. Edge keeps changing ChangeUnitGenerationNeeded "0"

in Browsers and Email
    Edge keeps changing ChangeUnitGenerationNeeded "0": My favorites stopped syncing so I read the Tutorial How to Turn On or Off Sync Favorites and Reading List in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10. I ran the reg file to turn on syncing. Gave it time but nothing happened. So I went into the registry and found that...
  10. File delete dialogue reports files to be deleted as having 0 bytes?

in Windows 10 Support
    File delete dialogue reports files to be deleted as having 0 bytes?: This apparently happens with FAT32-formatted drives. Haven't noticed this until fairly recently, when I was deleting some stuff off my SD cards and/or USB sticks: [img] Any ideas on why this is happening, like with a certain botched W10 update or an app? 45865