Windows 10: timezone is 11 hours off

Discus and support timezone is 11 hours off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am on the east coast and my computer has always reflected EST but with Windows 10, it shows six hours off when I set it for EST. I have to set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KA1J, Dec 11, 2015.

1. KA1J Win User

timezone is 11 hours off

Hi,

I am on the east coast and my computer has always reflected EST but with Windows 10, it shows six hours off when I set it for EST. I have to set it to -11 hours off from GMT to get the time correct. That would be fine but that time zone does not allow for Daylight Savings time changes so it's OK now but when there is a time change, this computer will be off by an hour the next day.

I updated from windows 7 and the computer kept hanging so I did a complete install and am seeing this time problem now. I tried using a NIST program that syncs with the government time server but Win 10 won't let it sync saying I don't have administrator privileges. That is a separate issue I'll have to look into but as it stands, I have this computer set for EST, I am 100 miles from New York City and it is showing 4:50PM but the real time for me is 10:50AM

Any suggestions? In 35 years of using desktops, this is a first for me.

Thanks.

:)

2. balajibv Win User

Outlook Calendar items not sync with local time after DST change

The available options in Date and Time > Auto-update are

On

Confirm first

Off

Timezone selected : GMT +5:30, 0 hours daylight saving.

Timezone of my laptop and phone are the same. Hope this helps.

balajibv, Dec 11, 2015
  3. Nokia 6700 classic Incoming Text Message Timestamp Wrong

I can confirm the same bug. I'm in PST time zone (GMT -8) and the phone "thinks" that GMT -3 is the correct time zone. When I set the correct timezone, the phone's timestamp is 5 hours behind... so when I receive a text at 10:00 PM, it will show 5:00 PM
    on the same day. It's really annoying...

My "workaround" was to set my timezone to GMT -3 and turn OFF auto-update of time. The timestamps are right but it's annoying knowing that my phone is set to the wrong time zone...

Message Edited by AuroraS on 05-Dec-2009 11:22 PM

AuroraS---01, Dec 11, 2015
  4. f14tomcat Win User

timezone is 11 hours off

You probably already have, but did you check all of these? NIST is one of the choices for time server, you don't need a separate program. Also here:
    timezone is 11 hours off [​IMG]

timezone is 11 hours off [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Dec 11, 2015
  5. KA1J Win User
    Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I checked all the obvious things to me and no success. I did though click on date & time settings > Region & Language > Additional date, time & regional settings > change the time zone = This brings up a window titled date & time (Note, the zone was set for EST) click on change date and time and I changed the digital time to the correct time and changed PM to AM.

That persisted with the correct time. However, with the option of "Internet time" > change settings, selecting time.NIST.gov fails to connect, I have to use the default time.windows.com

Oddest thing, has to be a bug of some kind, at least I've never run into it before and the BIOS clock was correct before installing win 10.

Now to try and figure out how to network all the computers so they transfer equally with each other, like they did in Win 7.

6. f14tomcat Win User
    Glad something worked! GOOD LUCK with that Networking! It's very finicky!

f14tomcat, Dec 11, 2015
  7. KA1J Win User
    Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I checked all the obvious things to me and no success. I did though click on date & time settings > Region & Language > Additional date, time & regional settings > change the time zone = This brings up a window titled date & time (Note, the zone was set for EST) click on change date and time and I changed the digital time to the correct time and changed PM to AM.

That persisted with the correct time. However, with the option of "Internet time" > change settings, selecting time.NIST.gov fails to connect, I have to use the default time.windows.com

Oddest thing, has to be a bug of some kind, at least I've never run into it before and the BIOS clock was correct before installing win 10.

Now to try and figure out how to network all the computers so they transfer equally with each other, like they did in Win 7.

KA1J, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

timezone is 11 hours off

1. timezone is 11 hours off - Similar Threads - timezone hours off

2. timezone change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    timezone change: hello! i am currently trying to change the timezone of my windows 11 monitor. im on an hp monitor with an hp desktop. when i go onto the day and time settings, the setting is greyed out and is not allowing me to edit my timezone. what should i do to fix this?...
  3. timezone change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    timezone change: hello! i am currently trying to change the timezone of my windows 11 monitor. im on an hp monitor with an hp desktop. when i go onto the day and time settings, the setting is greyed out and is not allowing me to edit my timezone. what should i do to fix this?...
  4. Windows 11 Timezone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 11 Timezone: Hello all,I am running a Dell XPS 15 7590DProcessor IntelR CoreTM i9-9980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB 31.7 GB usable Device ID 56FE2116-F4FB-44EB-8734-92A9BEF4241D System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition Windows 11 Enterprise...
  5. pc clock showing hour off but timezone is set correctly

pc clock showing hour off but timezone is set correctly: I have a PC that developed a problem with the clock. If I have daylight savings turned on the clock is an hour fast, but emails coming in outlook show the correct time. If I turn off daylight savings the time is correct but emails show as being an hour old. Is there someway...
  6. Timezone Change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Timezone Change: Morning all, I'm in the UK, and my laptop clock has always had no trouble detecting which timezone I'm in, but for whatever reason, this morning I cannot stop it from thinking I'm in UTC-4.00. I know I can fix it by just setting it manually, but I was just wondering whether...
  7. Timezone Settings

Timezone Settings: GMT Timezone is not in the timezone settings, do anyone know how to add my timezone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/timezone-settings/4b3419c7-cfc4-44bc-9888-b5fdd36deb58
  8. Timezone and active hours problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Timezone and active hours problem: I am now using my laptop in India for last 8 months. Before that I was in USA. my time zone setting is as in fig below. [img] Timezone and time set auto. Further it shows time zone as India. Now coming to active hours. I use it 05:00 to 20:00. Set active hours as 06:00 to...
  9. Timezone mess...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Timezone mess...: Since the v1809, on occasions Windows 10 displays incorrect time. The timezone is set correctly, for example this morning this image has been taken around 08:40AM local time: [img] Previously, toggling the day light savings time off/on would reset to the correct local...
  10. Win10 shows the time four hours ahead of my timezone

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 shows the time four hours ahead of my timezone: My timezone is set correctly to Eastern (UTC-05:00) but Windows sets the clock ahead four hours after every boot cycle. It even sets the hardware clock in UEFI fours hours ahead. I've run a boot-time virus can using Avast Internet Security. Two PUPs were found and deleted....