Windows 10: Tip: Create a Mini Control Panel in Start Menu

Discus and support Tip: Create a Mini Control Panel in Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Although Control Panel is being slowly eradicated, there are still a few links that are useful and getting to them via settings menu is a bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cereberus, Oct 27, 2017.

1. cereberus Win User

Tip: Create a Mini Control Panel in Start Menu

Although Control Panel is being slowly eradicated, there are still a few links that are useful and getting to them via settings menu is a bit unintuitive. You can of course, pin control panel to the Start Menu to make access easier.

People may not be aware that you can pin links from Control Panel to Start as well.

I have just pinned ones I use most to Start Menu. I actually grouped them in one tile as well.

Tip: Create a Mini Control Panel in Start Menu [​IMG]

Tip: Create a Mini Control Panel in Start Menu [​IMG]

:)

cereberus, Oct 27, 2017

2. Start Menu , Control Panel

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

This might have occurred due to some hardware conflicts.

Run the Hardware Devices troubleshooter.

An automated troubleshooter is a tool that can find and automatically fix some problems with your computer. These troubleshooters aren't designed to fix every problem, but they're a useful tool to try because they can often save your time and effort.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices"
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. It will scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows. To run the SFC scan,
    refer to the Microsoft article below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Oct 27, 2017
  3. Start Menu , Control Panel

When I click on anything in the tool bar (settings, control panel etc) I can't use my mouse, I can only operate it and click other things via the keyboard (using tab, shift, enter, arrows etc). Where in my settings do I go to change this??

StefanieVerduci, Oct 27, 2017
Thema:

Tip: Create a Mini Control Panel in Start Menu

1. Tip: Create a Mini Control Panel in Start Menu - Similar Threads - Tip Create Mini

2. Tips icon in the start menu in the outdated icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tips icon in the start menu in the outdated icon: hey there: Can someone help me out? I noticed that the tips icon in the start menu is in the outdated icon. It is different from the MS store. What can I do?[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  3. Control Panel is not in Windows 10 Start Menu

Control Panel is not in Windows 10 Start Menu: In Windows 10, I press Start button on keyboard. Then, I type "Control Panel" . Control Panel does not appear as a selection. Instead, after typing "Control", Settings pops up as an option. After typing the entire "Control Panel", Intel Graphics Control Panel appears....
  4. Can't open control panel items from start menu

Can't open control panel items from start menu: I just did a fresh reinstall of Windows 10, and now I can't open things from the control panel from my start menu. Things like Device Manager and Disk Management will only open through my control panel. I get the following error message when I type one of the applications...
  5. Create a "Start Menu"...

Create a "Start Menu"...: Here's a way to create a pretty convincing looking Menu using your Taskbar. Try it out yourself. (click on the image 2 or 3 times if you find it hard to read) [img] EDIT: You'll have to loose the Search Box and Taskview as well. 42173
  6. Tip for Start Menu Alternative

Tip for Start Menu Alternative: Since I don't have windows 10 installed, I basing the names of the folders on windows 7, please change accordingly. You will need to change your account to administrator for this to work, I think you can change back after your are done and it still should work but I have no...
  7. Is there a way to make the Control panel appear in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to make the Control panel appear in the start menu?: Good day all, I'm wondering if there is a way i can add Control Panel to my start menu in the same area where Settings is currently located. Thanks for your time. 38037
  8. [SOLVED] How to restore Control Panel entry on Start context menu on?

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED] How to restore Control Panel entry on Start context menu on?: Since I upgraded to Windows 10 Version 1703, I noticed that the Control Panel from Start menu context menu (Windows + X) is missing. I'm sure Microsoft wants to push Settings at all costs, but I wish they didn't try to shove it down users' throats and instead give us options....
  9. Right Click Windows 10 Start Menu > Control Panel ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click Windows 10 Start Menu > Control Panel ?: Does anyone know why the Right Click on the Windows 10 Start Button to get to the Control Panel was removed? It was so simple. You could use the Windows Button and X to get to the Menu too. I had to find the Control Panel and add it to my Start Menu. How do you Click your way...
  10. How do you pin the control panel to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you pin the control panel to the start menu?: I find the control panel is a bit awkward to find and usually just luck that I find it on advanced setting for something to other. Is there any way to have the full control panel (not that settings nonsense) on the start menu, pin or otherwise? I can pin it to the task bar...