Windows 10: Tip on "can't disable adaptive brightness in Win 10 on Sony VAIO"

Discus and support Tip on "can't disable adaptive brightness in Win 10 on Sony VAIO" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been searching for an answer to this for some time. None of the registry or power or display setting changes made a difference. I went back into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bob.faille, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Tip on "can't disable adaptive brightness in Win 10 on Sony VAIO"

I have been searching for an answer to this for some time. None of the registry or power or display setting changes made a difference. I went back into my Sony VAIO manual and it said the light sensor controlled the backlit keyboard and it said that could be changed by going to Start Menu\VAIO Control Center\Display. It is there that I found the ability to turn off the automatic brightness setting. It has been over two hours and my screen has not dimmed.

:)

bob.faille, Aug 25, 2018

2. How to disable adaptive brightness by default

Hi Mohsin,

If you're having issue with disabling the adaptive brightness, we suggest checking this
    thread and follow the troubleshooting steps provided by Sagnik_Chakraborty
    to troubleshoot the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Vlad Tutu Win User
    Network Adapter on Sony Vaio VPCEB1M1E

I am sorry but the troubleshooter did not work. And the second wasn t helpfull either.

I need to know if there will be an update with Windows 10 for my laptop Sony VAIO - VPCEB1M1E?

Vlad Tutu, Aug 25, 2018
  4. MarcieLRP Win User

Tip on "can't disable adaptive brightness in Win 10 on Sony VAIO"

Problems with new Windows 10 install on my Sony Vaio laptop

i just recently updated my Sony Vaio laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My Sony Vaio laptop is model #VPCSC41FM and is a few years old. The problem i am having is that the screen brightness continues to revert to 10% brightness even after resetting the
    brightness level in the control panel power settings. i contacted Sony about the problem and they suggested it was a driver problem and

that some drivers for Sony laptops are noy available yet and they are recommending not to download Windows 10 at this time. I would like guidance on how to revert my laptop back to Windows 7 or when a driver can be installed to resolve this issue. I don't
    know if there are any other issues since I am visually impaired and the brightness issue is a serious issue for me to continue to utilize my laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MarcieLRP, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Tip on "can't disable adaptive brightness in Win 10 on Sony VAIO"

1. Tip on "can't disable adaptive brightness in Win 10 on Sony VAIO" - Similar Threads - Tip can't disable

2. Backlight of keyboard and Fn hot key for adjust brightness in win 10 on sony vaio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Backlight of keyboard and Fn hot key for adjust brightness in win 10 on sony vaio: I have a Sony VAIO VPC12BFX and I install win 10 and my screen brightness does not work gracefully. Fn keys for brightness won't work, they do work with the volume but not work brightness. I only can change the brightness with control panel and it works. I have another...
  3. Backlight of keyboard and Fn hot key for adjust brightness in win 10 on sony vaio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backlight of keyboard and Fn hot key for adjust brightness in win 10 on sony vaio: I have a Sony VAIO VPC12BFX and I install win 10 and my screen brightness does not work gracefully. Fn keys for brightness won't work, they do work with the volume but not work brightness. I only can change the brightness with control panel and it works. I have another...
  4. Backlight of keyboard and Fn hot key for adjust brightness in win 10 on sony vaio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Brightness Sony Vaio Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness Sony Vaio Windows 10: Recently i installed windows 10 on my Sony Vaio SVE14A35CVH, and i have some trouble with the brightness. Fn keys for brightness won't work, they do work with the volume but not brightness. even if i change the setting from control panel to automatic nothing changes happens....
  6. Brightness Sony Vaio Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness Sony Vaio Windows 10: Recently i installed windows 10 on my Sony Vaio SVE14A35CVH, and i have some trouble with the brightness. Fn keys for brightness won't work, they do work with the volume but not brightness. even if i change the setting from control panel to automatic nothing changes happens....
  7. Brightness Sony Vaio Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. sony vaio care brightness problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sony vaio care brightness problem: I have a Sony S series - Vaio VPCSB25FG, after upgrading to windows 10 vaio care software is not working in spite of installing the software freshly, as a result brightness and other functions and controls are not working, any solution to this issue will greatly be...
  9. Wifi on Sony VAIO - adapter randomly stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi on Sony VAIO - adapter randomly stopped working: Hi all, Hoping someone can help me as I'm a bit lost with this one. A friend whos laptop I've done some maintenance on has given me another of his friends to do much the same - including upgrade to an SSD and add more RAM. It's a Sony Vaio (VPCEB4J0E). The laptop was...
  10. Help! Sony Vaio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Sony Vaio: Hello. I have a old Sony Vaio that came with a i3-350M, i bought a new CPU (i5-560M) and changed it. I started the computer, everything was ok. But i notice the fan was kicking way more times. When i downloaded the Intel Processor Identification Utility i found that my CPU...