Windows 10: Tips and tricks - You saw it first on TenForums!

Discus and support Tips and tricks - You saw it first on TenForums! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I think this qualifies for "You saw it first on TenForums", have not seen DEFAULTUSER0 user profile explained anywhere else, documentation totally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kari, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Kari Win User

Tips and tricks - You saw it first on TenForums!

I think this qualifies for "You saw it first on TenForums", have not seen DEFAULTUSER0 user profile explained anywhere else, documentation totally missing on Microsoft sites.

This is an embedded Microsoft Office presentation, powered by Office Online.

2. cereberus Win User

How to record your cursor when using (afaik) recording software.

Recording software often does not record the cursor when recording screen on pc or a vm.

A neat trick is to install touchmousepointer which is designed for touchscreen pcs to emulate a mouse trackpad.

One of its features is to display a false cursor which you can resize. This false cursor is recordable.

You click the mouse icon on task bar to toggle false cursor on or off,

This works for NON touchscreens as well.

I attach a short link to a demo video I have just made made on a NON touch screen laptop

Dropbox - fake cursor.wmv

Download link is here.

TouchMousePointer - Download

Select this option:-

Tips and tricks - You saw it first on TenForums! [​IMG]

cereberus, May 25, 2017
  3. Kari Win User
    Not bad! I have to test this, most of the screen capture programs I've tested fail to capture pointer on virtual machines.

4. cereberus Win User

Let us know how you get on and if successful, I can polish my halo *chuckle.

cereberus, May 25, 2017
  5. Kari Win User
    I might be doing something wrong but testing it now in VM capture, although capturing VM pointer (#1 in screenshot), it also annoyingly leaves the original host pointer (#2) to be shown.

Screenshot from screen capture test just now, OOBE on Hyper-V VM installing Finnish W10.

6. cereberus Win User
    I do not know. On my pc, the false cursor always moves in sync with real cursor.

Also, if I do a screen capture with snipping tool, it only captures fake cursor.

At least it is a part solution?

cereberus, May 25, 2017
  7. OK, I am very confused.
    I have an old Toshiba P755-S5182 that I use just to test stuff and nuke and try some other stuff. Tips and tricks - You saw it first on TenForums! :)
    The hard disk is 100% nuked... no partitions... nothing.
    So, I am wanting to try the clean install with only the *store* apps.
    I used the M$ MediaCreationTool to create a ESD-USB.
    I booted the ESD-USB and at this screen... Code: Windows Setup Language: English (United States) Time and currency: English (United States) Keyboard: US[/quote] I typed Shift-F10 and my prompt is now "X:\Sources"

tockx16jolt, Jul 26, 2017
  8. Berton Win User

So is your machine still bootable? What I'd try is going to the MCT-created USB drive in File Manager and manually run the setup.exe file to do a clean install. There's some choices to make. I've even used it to Upgrade from Versions 1511 and 1607 to get 1703 Build 15063.0 then do the update to get up to the latest. Haven't had any problems with activation when connected to the 'net.

Berton, Jul 26, 2017
  9. @Berton,

I updated my post above a few minutes ago...
    The hard disk is 100% nuked... no partitions... nothing.

10. Kari Win User
    You need of course go through the Windows initial setup first. Windows setup is done in three stages:

• Installation to an empty hard disk or replacing earlier Windows installation. When done, Windows will restart.
    • Device configuration. This stage does not require any user input. Again, Windows will restart when done.
    • OOBE, also known as Windows Welcome. This is the final stage of setup where initial user account is created.
    The video guide you referred to starts at the beginning of stage 3, you haven't even done stages 1 & 2 yet. You need to clean install first as told in this tutorial: Clean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

The video guide about installing Windows 10 without any Windows Store UWP apps starts when you reach step 15 in above mentioned tutorial, beginning of stage 3 on my list above.

Short: clean install Windows 10 as told in tutorial, following it through from step 1 to step 14. At step 15, before doing it, you can do what's told in video and when done continue from tutorial step 15 to end of it.

11. @Kari,

The Clean Install Windows 10 tutorial by Brink, I am at step 5. So that does explain a lot. *Redface

Thank you very much!

Update: I went and re-listened to your video again, and when you said, "... install Windows normally. When Welcome mode starts...", it did not really register. So, sorry to waste you time.

12. Kari Win User
    No problems, main thing is you got it now.

13. Tips and tricks - You saw it first on TenForums!

I forgot to mention I am running Win 10 Home.

My experiment to remove all WUP, except *Store* was just as I expected... Windows Update would reinstall some or all the apps anyway.

tockx16jolt, Jul 27, 2017
  14. Interesting. CU should not do it anymore. Anyway, you can try this:

Code: reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "ContentDeliveryAllowed" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "OemPreInstalledAppsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "PreInstalledAppsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "PreInstalledAppsEverEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "SilentInstalledAppsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "SubscribedContentEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager\SuggestedApps" /f[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Jul 27, 2017
  15. I used the M$ MediaCreationTool to create the ESD-USB on 07/27/17 09:23 AM.

Right after the install, Winver: Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.0)

After WUP, Winver: Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.483). And, these Regedit entries...

tockx16jolt, Jul 27, 2017
Thema:

1. Tips and tricks - You saw it first on TenForums! - Similar Threads - Tips tricks saw

2. Windows 11 tips & tricks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 tips & tricks: What the tips and tricks for windows 11[Original Title: Windows 11] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-tips-tricks/0b48e462-ed0b-4d3e-9863-877e9780e1fa
  3. Windows 11 tips & tricks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 tips & tricks: What the tips and tricks for windows 11[Original Title: Windows 11] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-tips-tricks/0b48e462-ed0b-4d3e-9863-877e9780e1fa
  4. Windows Terminal Tips and Tricks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Terminal Tips and Tricks: Windows Terminal is a command-line tool developed by Microsoft. Using this tool, you can run multiple command-line tools like Command Prompt, PowerShell, etc., in separate tabs. Apart from this, you can also add different command-line emulators to the Windows Terminal by...
  5. Firewalls tips&Tricks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewalls tips&Tricks: Hello community here, What's recommended tips and tricks of Windows built-in Firewalls? what should ON or OFF? I wanna know right configs and make it more secure to harden traffics and kinds of threats? Or to suggest me good guides of it. I am afraid to change something...
  6. Thank You TenForums.

in Windows 10 Support
    Thank You TenForums.: I would just like to thank the TenForums Administrators and Team for their continued support this year, it is very much appreciated. I would also like to thank ALL the members who have given their time FREE this year in the endeavour to help others. Let us hope that 2021 is...
  7. Windows Task Manager Tips and Tricks you may not be aware of

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Task Manager Tips and Tricks you may not be aware of: [ATTACH]Task Manager is the most important program you will have access to when everything else has either crashed or not responding. The post lists down […] This article Windows Task Manager Tips and Tricks you may not be aware of first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  8. VM Tips and Tricks?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VM Tips and Tricks?: Hello, When I purchased my recent laptop, I had it come downgraded to Windows 7 Pro on a junk drive. So I essentially had a Windows 7 key and 8 key. I replaced the junk drive with an SSD and installed Windows 8 using the key in the BIOS. Today, the laptop is on Windows 10...
  9. Tips & Tricks

in Windows 10 Support
    Tips & Tricks: Post any tips, tricks, or workarounds here. How to use Windows 10 Technical Preview PC Start Search Cortana Apps Photos File Explorer Maps Xbox Personalization and settings Touch and keyboard Updates and feedback Windows Keyboard shortcuts (there's probably a...
  10. Windows 10: Tips, Tricks, and Tweaks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Tips, Tricks, and Tweaks: Despite still being very much an early preview, Windows 10 is already brimming with handy new featues, along with new tweaks and tricks—and, because the operating is still in preview, a handful of those tricks unlock powerful functionality hidden to everyday users....