Windows 10: Tips on organizing the Document Folder

Discus and support Tips on organizing the Document Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home, and I noticed a lot of apps like to save configuration and other data files in the Documents Folder. Personally, I feel that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GhostHunterJim, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Tips on organizing the Document Folder

I have Windows 10 Home, and I noticed a lot of apps like to save configuration and other data files in the Documents Folder. Personally, I feel that they should be stored in a different location under the current user's folder. (For example, under C:\Users\User\AppData). Is there a way to tell Windows 10 that applications should save these files somewhere else? It just makes the Documents Folder look messy. How have you handled this? I'm looking for tips, ideas, suggestion, best practices, etc for organizing and/or separating legitimate documents from application data so that User data and documents are easier to sync and back up.

:)

GhostHunterJim, Aug 24, 2017

2. Documents in folders

I connected my Nokia Lumia 920 to my computer, then I browsed the phone document folder from their. Then I created another folder under documents to organize my documents. After disconnecting the phone from the PC I tried to open phone office to open my
    PowerPoint presentation but I could not see my files, nothing. The only way to see them is to copy them back to documents folder. My question, I need to organize my documents in folder inside my phone, is that possible?

Yusuf Abu Mahmoud, Aug 24, 2017
  3. Organize the documents in office hub

Is it possible to organize the documents in office hub by creating folders ? Suppose I store the documents inside the folder , will it be visible in office hub ?
    Eg I store as /PhoneMemory/Documents/Meeting1/MOM1.docx

selva_ganesh, Aug 24, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Tips on organizing the Document Folder

I've posted on this 3 or 4 times here.

I regard Documents, Videos etc as 'their' Documents, 'their' Videos. Desktop programs often create work or storage space in those default library folders.

1. Store your data not on C: but on another drive or partition. Why? Separate OS maintenance and reinstallation from your data.
    2. Define your own folders.
    3. If you wish, add them to the libraries, or create your own new library.

Don't feel limited to what MS provides by by default.

You may wish to search the Tutorial section for related tutorials.

dalchina, Aug 24, 2017
Thema:

Tips on organizing the Document Folder

1. Tips on organizing the Document Folder - Similar Threads - Tips organizing Document

2. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  3. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  4. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. document folders

document folders: My Documents folder similar to Pictures and Music folders is empty, but all my documents can be found in username/documents. How do I get them to show up in my primary Documents folder?...
  6. Folder Organization Tips?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder Organization Tips?: Hey! This is a bit of a weird question but I'm building my second PC as I'm posting this, and I'm planning on using it for work, music, games, etc. I was wondering if anyone has any pro tips on making sure that all of my folders are organized or if you want to share how you...
  7. Folder organization

Folder organization: Hello. I have recently bought a computer with Windows 10, after many years of Win 7. I was very satisfied with 7. Since installing, I am trying desperately to understand what Microsoft thinking is regarding file/folder organization. Although I'm fairly computer literate, I...
  8. Documents Folder

Documents Folder: how to in documents folder add a file to an existing file. sometimes need to update or add information to a file in documents folder. use win 10. when attempt to add a file it adds as a new file. Need to place a file or information in a file already in the documents...
  9. OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.: I didn't find an answer to this exact question. Windows 10 Home 1511 x64 clean install. In the left pane of File Explorer there is a Documents folder which points to my OneDrive folder and contains almost nothing (just a few folders that programs created). Under my username...
  10. documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    documents folder: I try to print out my bank statement but it goes into documents folder. How do I print out from the documents folder when win 10 puts it back? 17981