Windows 10: Tired of blurry screen even in NEW software

Discus and support Tired of blurry screen even in NEW software in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, my laptop is full hd and the screen is set to 150% DPI. I can see that old software will look blurry because they don't support the HIGH DPI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pipppero2007, May 20, 2017.

1. Tired of blurry screen even in NEW software

Hi,

my laptop is full hd and the screen is set to 150% DPI.

I can see that old software will look blurry because they don't support the HIGH DPI setting, but I don't understand why even NEW software look blurry.

I.E.: qBittorrent, Audacity, FormatFactory and go on.

I know there is a tool that makes W10 DPI SCALE similar to the Windows 7 mode, I know that this workaround works for some. But I am afraid to damage something in my W10 if I use it, or maybe if some update will come and it will be in conflict with it.

I think and I am sure that here many of you have FHD screens and cannot stay to 100% or 120% DPI SCALE. I am sure that many of you use 150% or more... what's your way to work with this problem?

Thank you

:)

Pipppero2007, May 20, 2017

2. Blurry fonts on Windows 10 computer

I do not have an advanced display setting on mine so this, of course, did not help. I got as far as Display, but no advanced display appears on my screen. I am so tired of blurry screen--it comes and goes. Unfortunately, it is there more often than not!

sandraseverance, May 20, 2017
  3. why is the foto app Microsoft Fotos 2017.39101.16720.0 so lousy ? Any other can do the playback better.

I do not refer to full size pictures.

Even the screen size at 22" monitor (which is much smaller ) are looking blurry.

PeterPerschak, May 20, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Tired of blurry screen even in NEW software

There have been threads on blurry text- you might like to have a look at them. Just search the forum for
    blurry
    and see if that helps.

I just tried 150% on mine (see specs) - no problem. Yours may have a higher res screen of course.

dalchina, May 20, 2017
  5. Mooly Win User
    Have you tried altering the compatibility settings for the programs concerned ?

Take Audacity (I use that and yes, its blurry at default settings with 125% settings I use) and right click either the shortcut (or locate the application.exe file in the Audacity program files) and tick the check box as shown.

Tired of blurry screen even in NEW software [​IMG]

Mooly, May 20, 2017
  6. vram Win User
    Ignoring the DPi setting, Is the screen resolution set at its recommended setting?

7. It's absolute not the answer:

It will show everything too small in a full HD screen resolution. So small you can't use it!

Some minutes ago I worked in a dual boot laptop with FULL HD screen.

I had Windows 7 and Windows 10 and the same software installed.

I was astonished how is WONDERFUL to use Windows 7 at 150 dpi and everything is so CLEAR AND BIG without any BLURRY. But back to Windows 10 many stuff is BLURRY and even many OS tools (such device manager, event viewer).

How people tollerate this?

Today many laptop are only FULL HD, what the users do? I absolutely hate this situation but again I am afraid to use tools that are workaround and can damage something.

Again, why an obsolete OS as Win 7 can handle HIGH DPI better than Windows 10 that is NEWER?

Again, I read somewhere that the issue is often of the softwares that don't support high dpi, but this isn't true, because that same software in Win 7 (and maybe also in Win 8) will work BEAUTIFULLY without blurry.

Sorry, but I almost cry. *Banghead

Pipppero2007, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Tired of blurry screen even in NEW software

1. Tired of blurry screen even in NEW software - Similar Threads - Tired blurry screen

2. Screen blurry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen blurry: Screen blurs suddenly. Dark around the screen but middle remain bright. Slow. Any idea or solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-blurry/42f7b358-8130-4fd8-9a06-77f51996a2d3
  3. Screen blurry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen blurry: Screen blurs suddenly. Dark around the screen but middle remain bright. Slow. Any idea or solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-blurry/42f7b358-8130-4fd8-9a06-77f51996a2d3
  4. Blurry screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry screen.: Hi, I'm having a problem with my laptop display, when I do something that makes decent workload, my screen appears to be blurry momently, and a simple task like opening a browser tab will make the screen goes black for a moment. I have to restart the computer for the screen...
  5. Blurry screen.

Blurry screen.: Hi, I'm having a problem with my laptop display, when I do something that makes decent workload, my screen appears to be blurry momently, and a simple task like opening a browser tab will make the screen goes black for a moment. I have to restart the computer for the screen...
  6. Blurry screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry screen: Dear community,I recently upgraded to windows 11 and noticed an issue with my pc graphics.I had the same issue on windows 10 but only in visual studio code, now it is on many apps apparently.The issue is that whenever I hover my mouse over options and buttons on the screen,...
  7. Blurry screen

Blurry screen: Dear community,I recently upgraded to windows 11 and noticed an issue with my pc graphics.I had the same issue on windows 10 but only in visual studio code, now it is on many apps apparently.The issue is that whenever I hover my mouse over options and buttons on the screen,...
  8. Blurry screen

Blurry screen: Whenever have netflix on in the background or in mini player my screen goes blurry or turns black. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blurry-screen/c1366841-4b22-4472-a279-cf53d5db7ae1
  9. Blurry screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blurry screen: I am trying to recording my screen for YouTube, but every app is failing. If it is recording, it will be an little bit lagging (not annoying). How can i fix this? Is this an bug??? On Windows 8.1 it worked fine. Now I have: Windows 10 Pro, 32 bit. This is what I mean....
  10. Texts & some software seems blurry.

in Windows 10 Support
    Texts & some software seems blurry.: I have purchased a HP Pavilion x360 - 14-ba005ne few days ago. It seems to me some contents including fonts seems blurry in some softwares . I use sony vegas a lot . but sony vegas is almost blurry. All softwares doesn't have this issue. Drivers are updated & screen dpi is...