Windows 10: Tired of Giving Permission Rights In WindowsApp Folder

Discus and support Tired of Giving Permission Rights In WindowsApp Folder in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have installed one app in Windows 10 through Win store, and I want to move one file to that app folder, but every time it is asking me, u need to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by win10fan, Feb 20, 2016.

1. win10fan Win User

Tired of Giving Permission Rights In WindowsApp Folder

I have installed one app in Windows 10 through Win store, and I want to move one file to that app folder, but every time it is asking me, u need to perform this action - try again or cancel. I have permission to all the groups to move that file, check screenshot below

Tired of Giving Permission Rights In WindowsApp Folder [​IMG]

But still I don't have access to move files over that app folder, I am tired now... please help *Mad*Mad*Mad*cry

:)

win10fan, Feb 20, 2016
  2. lap398293 Win User

Remove Extra WindowsApps Folder

I have two hard drives (C: and DTired of Giving Permission Rights In WindowsApp Folder :). Windows 10 is installed on C:, but I keep everything else in D:.

I saw in the Storage settings area that I could change where apps would save to, and I changed it from C: to D: to see what would happen. It created a WindowsApps folder in D:, which I didn't like, so I immediately switched it back to storing apps in C:.
    However, the WindowsApps folder still exists in D:, and I cannot remove it. The original WindowsApps folder still exists (hidden) in C:\Program Files.

I've tried changing the permissions, but regardless of whom I grant access to it still refuses the deletion. I even was going to give up and just switch it to hidden, but I don't have permission for that either.

How do I delete this superfluous WindowsApps folder?

lap398293, Feb 20, 2016
  3. Windows 10 App Store Keeps on Crashing on Windows 10!!

It is likely that the problem is being caused by inadequate access permission to the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps. Go to the directory and right click it and click in Properties, then check the security tab and give access permission to your user (set yourself
    as directory owner). This should solve the problem of any application within the WindowsApp directory that is crashing.

Probably the problem is caused when different users install Windows or applications.

Denilson Marcelino Costa, Feb 20, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, forgive a basic question.. why would you want to put a file there? - it's protected for a reason.

dalchina, Feb 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Tired of Giving Permission Rights In WindowsApp Folder - Similar Threads - Tired Giving Permission

2. WindowsApps folder permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps folder permission: After following the instructions from = WindowsApps folder permission - Microsoft Community , I keep getting this error I'm using Windows11 by the way...I'm actually trying to copy a game downloaded from Microsoft Store to my external hard drive as I want to perform a clean...
  3. WindowsApps folder permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps folder permission: After following the instructions from = WindowsApps folder permission - Microsoft Community , I keep getting this error I'm using Windows11 by the way...I'm actually trying to copy a game downloaded from Microsoft Store to my external hard drive as I want to perform a clean...
  4. windowsapps folder permissions denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windowsapps folder permissions denied: I tried the method with security and change Owner but it doesnt work at all. I keeps saying "You have been denied permission to access this folder" I only want to change a game's path without downloading over 100 gb again...
  5. windowsapps folder permissions denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windowsapps folder permissions denied: I tried the method with security and change Owner but it doesnt work at all. I keeps saying "You have been denied permission to access this folder" I only want to change a game's path without downloading over 100 gb again...
  6. windowsapps folder permissions denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. WindowsApps Folder Permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApps Folder Permissions: After more work than I'm willing to admit, I managed to acquire almost full access to the WindowsApps folder. My issue now is that while I can overwrite and copy files except for executables, for some reason from the folders within such as...
  8. WindowsApps folder permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WindowsApps folder permission: I have a WindowsApps folder taking up a LOT of space on my E:\ external hard drive, I'm fairly certain that the data is not being used by either my laptop or desktop windows OS's as this drive is only used for storing media. Currently I cannot access or delete or otherwise...
  9. Permission to open app in WindowsApp Folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Permission to open app in WindowsApp Folder: I already have changed the ownership of the folder to my user, I can enter and see everything but when I try to open a game.exe it says I don't have the permissions. How do I fix this? I'm trying to hook the .exe to the steam game list so I can stream it to my nvidia shield...
  10. Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...

in Windows 10 Support
    Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...: running out of ideas, just can't seem to gain full control of folders or files in the windowsapps folder, i can delete files and folders but i can't rename files or folders or edit file content... for example when i try to edit a file name i get: "you require permission...