Windows 10: Title Bar goes white is background

Discus and support Title Bar goes white is background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello you all, this is my first post here so sorry if I violate etiquette. I just upgraded and have been tweaking my windows 10, but I have one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Plainjane, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Plainjane Win User

Title Bar goes white is background

Hello you all, this is my first post here so sorry if I violate etiquette.

I just upgraded and have been tweaking my windows 10, but I have one nagging problem (a few, actually but lets address this one 1st).

I have a dark grey theme set for my accent color and that colors my title bar just fine, however if the window is in the background my nice, easy ion the eyes title bar goes to some annoying bright white color. Anyone know how to prevent this from happening? I just want it to stay dark grey non matter if it's in the foreground or background.

Also anyone know how to just make it all solid black? I tried doing a bit of searching and came across a program called winareo tweaker, but when I use that little program to set my custom color to solid black, after I go to personalize and change my accent theme color, it'll actually show up as blue.

Simply getting a consistant dark color on these borders has been an uphill battle!

:)

Plainjane, Mar 27, 2016

2. Change reversed background and print colors, too harsh on my vision

The background is black and the print is white. in the taskbar menu bar title bar area. I want to change it to

a less harsh screen area. In fact, I would like to change the entire screen to cream , and the title bars, etc to

a harmonious color. Any help would be appreciated.

Emily Rose D, Mar 27, 2016
  3. C5 time-bar in energy saving mode

It's not about color. The white background, compared to the black one on my E52, makes the time-bar in energy saving mode unreadable, probably beacuse the sceen goes much darker from white than from black. That's the problem, not the color of the background.

DirkDiggler75, Mar 27, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 27, 2016
  5. Plainjane Win User
    Heya, thanks for the welcome.

I followed the tutorial. Just a random question. In creating that registry entry for AccentColorInactive, I gave it a hex value 000000 which is Black, but when the title bar is in the background it doesn't go black instead it stays the same color as it was in the foreground. That's 100% fine by me, but just wondering why.

edit:

I had another question about shortcut icons on my desktop. Do I start another thread to ask that, or do I ask here? I just dont want to spam.

Plainjane, Mar 27, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yeah, go ahead and start a new thread for the separate issue.

It could be the color of the text in the title bar (if black) causing the black title bar color not to show. If you like, try another color.

Brink, Mar 27, 2016
  7. There's also a program called SMACC which another member likes to use.
    Superfly-Inc/Color-Changer
    You have to be careful with it, because it changes colors in the registry, and it's kind of temperamental.

gregyurkon, Mar 28, 2016
  8. Plainjane Win User

Thanks for that, Greg. I do wish I could easily and reliably get my accents like taskbar, titlebar etc set to black or at least a very, very dark grey. I'll check out what you linked later. Im not the sharpest tool with all this comp stuff so I gotta kinda take it slow, lol.

Plainjane, Mar 28, 2016
  9. Almost everything I know about computers is at least 20 years out of date, but this is a good site to get caught up. SMACC is a good example of a program which should be tested in a VM, until you get the hang of it.

gregyurkon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Title Bar goes white is background - Similar Threads - Title Bar goes

2. Search bar goes white sometimes

in Cortana
    Search bar goes white sometimes: Hi,Sometimes I see that my search bar has gone a little white, not all of it though.This happens when I have something on fullscreen and make it windowed, or it randomly happens out of nowhereThe image of the problem I'm issuing is below this question.Can anyone help me fix...
  3. Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode - Revived.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode - Revived.: Why is this topic locked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/title-bars-of-applications-still-white-even-with/db672e8c-5177-444f-8678-19dc27af0ce9 This is the first relevant result I get when searching for the problem. The issue is still a problem what...
  4. Background white

Background white: Is it possible to change the white background colour in windows. I know this can be done with Window Blinds program but is there another method ? 143319
  5. Title Bar Hidden

Title Bar Hidden: Windows 10 -- something strange happened to my home/start screen. I was able to restore app icons, start menu, etc. But now, when I open any program or app, the title bar is hidden. If I move the mouse all the way to the top of the screen, I can get the "red X" for closing...
  6. Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode

Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode: I don't know why nobody is talking about it, but the title bars (of everything except the explorer) remain white even with dark mode on. It looks ugly. I don't want to use black accents....
  7. White Title Bar and Banner Unclickable

in Windows 10 Support
    White Title Bar and Banner Unclickable: Computer: Dell OptiPlex 3050 Dual Monitor Setup. At random, my title bar and a select area underneath it turn white. When I try to click on anything that would be there, I click on whatever is behind it, as if it isn't there. The issue is more likely to occur on the primary...
  8. Title Bar not centered

Title Bar not centered: Hi All I just upgraded to Windows 10 the other day and I have noticed that all my title bars seem to be left aligned rather then center for the title bar at the top of browsers and explorer and such. I also redid my system before upgrading so unsure if this is a Firefox...
  9. How to get colored title bars in background windows?

How to get colored title bars in background windows?: With the new Windows 10 November update it is now possible to change the color of the window title bar. But sadly this only works for the window that is in front and the background windows are still all white. I often click on the wrong spot when i want to move a window in...
  10. Black title bars and white text

Black title bars and white text: Windows 10 has been out long enough...has anyone figured a way to have black (or dark) title bars with white text without using uxtheme patcher? 18881