Windows 10: TiWorker.exe driving me nuts - disc usage

Discus and support TiWorker.exe driving me nuts - disc usage in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; TiWorker keeps chewing up my HDD today. It keeps popping up in my resource monitor, causing my HDD to make a ton of racket (it's a loud WD black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by rivre, Nov 20, 2017.

1. rivre Win User

TiWorker.exe driving me nuts - disc usage

TiWorker keeps chewing up my HDD today. It keeps popping up in my resource monitor, causing my HDD to make a ton of racket (it's a loud WD black drive). In task manager, I right-click on it and select low priority, but then a few minutes later when it pops back up again, it's set back to normal. What can I do to reign this in? I understand it's part of Windows update, but this is getting very annoying. I ran a full Windows update successfully just a couple weeks ago. I have the registry tweak set so that my wired connection is marked as metered so Windows update doesn't force updates at all the worst times. Also, since I read this is sometimes related to low disc space, my disc space is currently at only 23GB free as I've got lots of temp files stored on it until I back them up. I don't see why that should affect Windows update though.

:)

rivre, Nov 20, 2017

2. N96 driving me nuts...

As for your message icon read /discussions/board/message?board.id=topfaq&thread.id=44

As for the restarting handset im guessing its firmware ver. 11? if so get on to you network and get at least 12 out of them if not 20.

ricksvill---01, Nov 20, 2017
  3. N96 driving me nuts...

I think I have to try that...

tamaverdal, Nov 20, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Very hard to say for certain, but TiWorker is also used by scheduled maintenance. Part of that is to permanently apply older patches and compress the contents. It can go for some time. You can disable the Scheduled Maintenance job (not recommended), or just let it finish. If you try to corral it in, it's just gonna get back out. It's much worse on a HDD, particularly if the HDD is fragmented. Looks like it's just getting around to maintenance from last Tuesday Patches.

f14tomcat, Nov 20, 2017
  5. rivre Win User
    It's awful. My drive is pretty fragmented I'm sure. But it just won't stop. It's been chewing up my HDD all afternoon, every few minutes it starts up again.

Why does it keep changing to normal priority when I set it to low? It seems every time the process starts again it reverts back to normal.

This and "system volume information" keeps appearing at the top of the disk activity tab in the resource manager.

rivre, Nov 20, 2017
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    System Volume Information is likely the VSS writers maintaining temp shadow copies of the compression work going on. It gets a little complicated. It starts and stops because those processes are designed to run in idle time, and will pause or be suspended by the system when it detects activity (you). When it starts back up, it takes it's default priority....normal. It's painful on a HDD. You've got a decent cpu, I7 Skylake 6700k, so it's not process bound. You most likely have defrag set to auto, but it doesn't hurt to do it yourself occasionally. In the search field, type OPTIMIZE and choose the top entry, "Defrag and Optimize". It will show if you do have it set to auto, and there you can defrag it yourself any time you want to. Also, occasionally run the Disk Cleanup yourself.

*Arrow Open and Use Disk Cleanup in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

*Arrow Change Optimize Drives Schedule Settings in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

f14tomcat, Nov 20, 2017
  7. rivre Win User
    Thanks for the explanations. At least I have an idea of what it's up to.

rivre, Nov 20, 2017
  8. f14tomcat Win User

You're welcome, sir! *Smile

f14tomcat, Nov 21, 2017
  9. rivre Win User
    Thanks for the explanations. At least I have an idea of what it's up to.

rivre, Nov 21, 2017
  10. rivre Win User
    It did finally settle down.

rivre, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. TiWorker.exe driving me nuts - disc usage - Similar Threads - TiWorker exe driving

2. KB5031354 Problem Driving me nuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5031354 Problem Driving me nuts: I installed KB5031354 through this linkhttps://catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5031354The installation completed OKThe Windows version is OKBUT...In Windows update the update appears as pending, and it tries to install it again and again.It is annoying.Can...
  3. windows installer driving me nuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows installer driving me nuts: Hellow I upgraded from win 7 to win 10 a couple months ago, and every since windows installer keeps trying to install office 03 that I upgraded to office 10 years ago, every time I open any program I have keep clicking cancel until it quits and lets my program open. Please...
  4. windows installer driving me nuts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows installer driving me nuts: Hellow I upgraded from win 7 to win 10 a couple months ago, and every since windows installer keeps trying to install office 03 that I upgraded to office 10 years ago, every time I open any program I have keep clicking cancel until it quits and lets my program open. Please...
  5. Hover previews driving me nuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hover previews driving me nuts: Hiya,I was wondering if anyone can save my sanity.When i try to minimise a window i get a preview popup see image below every time my curser/mouse pointer runs over the minimise button in the top right hand corner of my browser. It is absolutely driving me nuts.I've searched...
  6. Driving me Nuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driving me Nuts: [ATTACH] Every time I restart my pc or rarely where my pc crashes my lock screen is switched to this photo. I've done a system image search but failed to find it. Right clicking on the off screen prompt takes me nowhere. I'm seriously done with this. I need help...
  7. Driving me nuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driving me nuts: I've somehow 'lost' MSVCR110.dll and MSVCP110.dll. So Cyberlink Power2Go 11 won't run. Seems that those 2 dlls are part of those Microsoft Visual C Redistributable packages that lazy companies such as Cyberlink lean on because they're too inept to develop their own C++ codes...
  8. this is driving me nuts!

this is driving me nuts!: so here is the thing couple days ago i left my laptop for 1 hour with my cousin (12 year old) who had his little 4 year old brother with him,i didnt trust him with my laptop but family forced me to atleast give them a bit of fun i went outside and after an hour i cameback...
  9. all these BSODs are driving me nuts

all these BSODs are driving me nuts: Hello, I'm getting very frequent BSOD's, and up to now have not been able to get to the root of the problem. The software I'm using to analyse the dumps says it's not a hardware problem. My impression is that usually the BSOD occurs on waking up from hibernation. The usual...
  10. Windows updates driving me NUTS!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows updates driving me NUTS!: It seems like lately, that every time Windows does a patch/upgrade, it wipes out my Edge favorites! This has happened 3 times in the last two weeks! Also, I suddenly cannot download anything from the Windows store either. Ready to pull my hair out! How can I fix this or stop...