Windows 10: .TMP File Stuck in Printers Folder After Every job - Halts Printing

Discus and support .TMP File Stuck in Printers Folder After Every job - Halts Printing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm working on a Windows 10 computer on which, after printing a single job, 3 files usually remain in the C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers folder. 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jamichau, Aug 4, 2017.

1. jamichau Win User

.TMP File Stuck in Printers Folder After Every job - Halts Printing

I'm working on a Windows 10 computer on which, after printing a single job, 3 files usually remain in the C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers folder. 2 can be deleted without issue. The 3rd, a .tmp file throws an error when I try to delete it. (see attachment) Nothing can be printed until the file has been deleted.
    Only way I've found to delete the file is to stop the print spooler, delete the file, re-start the spooler. Soon as another print job is sent, problem recurs. I've found information that this .exe is for spooling of .xml files. Haven't found much about others having this problem. There's a little info that malware disguises itself as printfilterpipelinesvc.exe, but I can't find anything real substantial. I would appreciate information helping solve this problem. Thanks!

:)

jamichau, Aug 4, 2017

2. Print spooler

Documents freeze in my print spool. I clear the spool using %windir%\system32\spool\printers, however, there are .tmp files in the folder that I cannot delete. The printer freezes every time I print. What is solution?

TerryHolliday72, Aug 4, 2017
  3. jamichau Win User
    Windows 10; After Each Prt Job, .TMP File Left in Printers Folder; Can't Delete, Error in Printfilterpipelinesvc.exe

I'm working on a computer on which, after every print job, 3 files remain in the C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers folder. 2 can be deleted without issue. The 3rd, a .tmp file throws an error when I try to delete it. (see attachment) Nothing else can
    be printed until the .tmp file is deleted.

Only way I've found to delete the file is to stop the print spooler, delete the file, re-start the spooler. Soon as another print job is sent, problem recurs. I've found information that this .exe is for spooling of .xml files. Haven't found much about others
    having this problem. There's a little info that malware disguises itself as printfilterpipelinesvc.exe, but I can't find anything real substantial. I would appreciate information helping solve this problem. Thanks!

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures / PC]

jamichau, Aug 4, 2017
  4. .TMP File Stuck in Printers Folder After Every job - Halts Printing

• For each print job there are two spool files generated by the Windows spooler. One file with the .SHD extension for job settings, and one with the .SPL extension for the drawing commands.

Using notepad ..

@echo off
      net stop spooler
      cd\
      cd \windows\system32\spool\printers
      del *.tmp
      net start spooler
      exit

Save as a c:\windows\clrspool.cmd

Setup a task schedule that runs the cmd sometime in the early morning when nobody will be printing.

MetalSaint, Aug 4, 2017
  5. sorry forgot to mention check the folder permission and if Users or Admins doesn't have permission or only special permission set permission to read/write and check

MetalSaint, Aug 4, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 4, 2017
  7. jamichau Win User
    Thanks, MetalSaint and Brink, for your replies. The .bat file will help my customer (a friend of mine, this isn't something I'm doing at work) clear the queue on his home computer, but doesn't solve the problem. I've seen, at work pretty often, in the past, the printing of PDFs leaving behind .SHD and .SPL on HP LJ P1606 printers. But it was only occasionally and I would just clear those two files and customers could print again. But there was never this .TMP file in use by Printfilterpipelinesvc.exe in those instances, and it wasn't every PDF they printed, so I think there is something more to this.

I should add, that the person with this current problem is printing PDFs (online banking statements). I don't think print jobs from other applications produce the same problem. Still, why the .tmp file and why is it in use by the .exe? On his older, XP machine and on his current machine with Windows 7, he never had this problem. It started some time after upgrading to Windows 10.

BTW, I have checked permissions on the Printers folder. They're OK.

jamichau, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

.TMP File Stuck in Printers Folder After Every job - Halts Printing

1. .TMP File Stuck in Printers Folder After Every job - Halts Printing - Similar Threads - TMP File Stuck

2. Printing Queue Job Keeps Getting Stuck on Every Job After the First.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing Queue Job Keeps Getting Stuck on Every Job After the First.: We print something to our HP printers I assumed it was a printer issue but it's happening to 4 different people and HP couldn't find anything , It prints fine, maybe you print again within the next 5 minutes the printer queue job will be stuck indefinitely, could be 5 minutes...
  3. Printing Queue Job Keeps Getting Stuck on Every Job After the First.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing Queue Job Keeps Getting Stuck on Every Job After the First.: We print something to our HP printers I assumed it was a printer issue but it's happening to 4 different people and HP couldn't find anything , It prints fine, maybe you print again within the next 5 minutes the printer queue job will be stuck indefinitely, could be 5 minutes...
  4. Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows...: Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows print jobs work fine. this problem happens with any printer that does not have the setting do not print blank pages in the settings on the printer, if the printer has the setting...
  5. Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows...: Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows print jobs work fine. this problem happens with any printer that does not have the setting do not print blank pages in the settings on the printer, if the printer has the setting...
  6. Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Print Jobs Getting Stuck in Print Queue for 20 Minutes after Updating (Printer is an Epson...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Print Jobs Getting Stuck in Print Queue for 20 Minutes after Updating (Printer is an Epson...: So I just got the 1909 update (OS build 18363.476) the other day, and have since experienced some big problems with printing. Whenever I try to print anything now on my Epson ET-2650 printer the print job stays in the printer queue on my HP Envy 360 laptop for around 20...
  8. Print jobs stuck in print quese

Print jobs stuck in print quese: My wife recently changed from Chrome to Firefox on her laptop. Afterward the system would hang whenever she tried to print something. I looked and it seems that jobs get stuck in the print queue after printing. There was a test page and another job. I was able to cancel the...
  9. Print jobs stuck in print quese

in Windows 10 Support
    Print jobs stuck in print quese: My wife recently changed from Chrome to Firefox on her laptop. Afterward the system would hang whenever she tried to print something. I looked and it seems that jobs get stuck in the print queue after printing. There was a test page and another job. I was able to cancel the...
  10. Windows 10; After Each Prt Job, .TMP File Left in Printers Folder; Can't Delete, Error in...

Windows 10; After Each Prt Job, .TMP File Left in Printers Folder; Can't Delete, Error in...: I'm working on a computer on which, after every print job, 3 files remain in the C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers folder. 2 can be deleted without issue. The 3rd, a .tmp file throws an error when I try to delete it. Nothing else can be printed until the .tmp file is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printfilterpipelinesvc file stuck

2. printfilterpipelinesvc file stuck windows 10

3. how to delete tmp file from the spool folder

4. printfilterpipelinesvc exe stuck,
  5. printfilterpipelinesvc.exe stuck,
  6. tmp files in windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS folder,
  7. not able to del .tmp from spool folder,
  8. c:\windows\system32\spool\printers file tmp,
  9. windows 10 why are there files left in the spooler directory,
  10. tmp files in the print spooler directory,
  11. printfilterpipelinesvc.exe TMP files ,