Windows 10: To 10 from fresh 7 install - Do I need install all 289 Win 7 updates?

Discus and support To 10 from fresh 7 install - Do I need install all 289 Win 7 updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just installed Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Home Premium, using my Upgrade Disc, on a broken Vista machine. Windows Update says I have 289 important... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lookN4shortcut, Dec 12, 2015.

1. To 10 from fresh 7 install - Do I need install all 289 Win 7 updates?

I just installed Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Home Premium, using my Upgrade Disc, on a broken Vista machine. Windows Update says I have 289 important updates. Do I need to install these or can I go straight to Windows 10? In a possibly related situation I should add that I have downloaded 10, and agreed to the licensing terms, but seem to be rather hung up on the little royal blue "Getting Updates" screen. It can't seem to get past the first part; "Checking For Updates", after which it claims 0%. It has been "checking" for a long time!

:)

lookN4shortcut, Dec 12, 2015
  2. tk421jedi Win User

Instsall Windows 10 without product key.

OT: product key.

afternoon all, I have upgraded my win 7 to win 10 ( the free web upgrade ), but I wish to do a fresh install without installing win 7 first, where would I find my 25 number key to install win 10 from usb after format??

tk421jedi, Dec 12, 2015
  3. Fresh Install of Win 10

I have a PC with Win 7 and I did an upgrade to Win 10 and it seemed to work fine except I wanted to do a fresh install and I did not see how to do a fresh install. So with this PC which now has Win 10 how can I do a fresh install?

Also, I have 2 other PCs (1 with Win 7 the other Win 8.1) how can I do a fresh install to start off with?

Thanks for your help.

NeilGoldwein, Dec 12, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

To 10 from fresh 7 install - Do I need install all 289 Win 7 updates?

Brink, Dec 12, 2015
Thema:

To 10 from fresh 7 install - Do I need install all 289 Win 7 updates?

1. To 10 from fresh 7 install - Do I need install all 289 Win 7 updates? - Similar Threads - fresh install need

2. A fresh install of Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A fresh install of Windows 7: I have a builders version of Windows 7 Ultimate. Would I still need a key for registration purposes since Windoerbiows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft or do I even need to register it. I'm not sure that the Windows 7U would not allow me to install w/o entering a key.I...
  3. A fresh install of Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A fresh install of Windows 7: I have a builders version of Windows 7 Ultimate. Would I still need a key for registration purposes since Windoerbiows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft or do I even need to register it. I'm not sure that the Windows 7U would not allow me to install w/o entering a key.I...
  4. update new instal win 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update new instal win 7: Having trouble getting win updates on Dell D620 32 bit, it sat for years and I decided to install new HD and loaded the win7 refurb disc and of course can't run update without the following error: code 80072EFE. Tried a few KB's: Windows6.1-KB3138612-x86,...
  5. update new instal win 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update new instal win 7: Having trouble getting win updates on Dell D620 32 bit, it sat for years and I decided to install new HD and loaded the win7 refurb disc and of course can't run update without the following error: code 80072EFE. Tried a few KB's: Windows6.1-KB3138612-x86,...
  6. Unable to install Win 10 from Win 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to install Win 10 from Win 7: Failed to format disk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-win-10-from-win-7/4772e720-c6b4-4a5f-9e9c-d5f1baa7c605
  7. Fresh install of Win 10 or do an update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh install of Win 10 or do an update?: Is this still true - the way Windows is updated for major releases is essentially doing a fresh install into a different folder, then copy over the current registry, user settings etc? Is there any advantage to doing a fresh install from iso? I don't mind reinstalling my...
  8. Fresh install windows 10 to windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install windows 10 to windows 7: Any idea how I can turn my windows 10 pro into windows 7? It is fresh (clean) install windows 10 pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/fresh-install-windows-10-to-windows-7/40818dfe-3d90-4cb1-878d-4e379bbd1494
  9. BSOD loop on boot from fresh Win 10 upgrade over fresh Win 7 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD loop on boot from fresh Win 10 upgrade over fresh Win 7 install: This is on an old eMachines M6805 laptop that originally came with XP 32-bit. I put a fresh install of Windows 7 32-bit on it which ran fine. I then upgraded that to Windows 10 32-bit. The first time it booted up I was able to log in but got a BSOD shortly thereafter. Ever...
  10. Went back to Win 7. If I reinstall Win 10. will it be a fresh install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Went back to Win 7. If I reinstall Win 10. will it be a fresh install?: My Win 10 install seemed to get corrupted, lost the link to the new browser from the task bar and start menu and couldn't load an important program (Schwab street smart edge). So, I went back to Win 7 as the 30 trial period was almost over. I am now invited to upgrade to...