Windows 10: to fix problem tried to create Installation media on USB drive

Discus and support to fix problem tried to create Installation media on USB drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; To fix the upgrade problem I followed suggestion 2 on this track only to find that on the second laptop I fail to get a Windows 10 Installation media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by noelmay1, Aug 22, 2018.

1. noelmay1 Win User

to fix problem tried to create Installation media on USB drive

To fix the upgrade problem I followed suggestion 2 on this track only to find that on the second laptop I fail to get a Windows 10 Installation media drive made on my Lenovo ideapad 110 running well on Windows 10. I get when almost finished the error UNABLE TO RUN THIS TOOL ON YOUR PC - error code 0x80042405-0xA001A.

Tried several times and formatted the USB with both FAT and NTFS format. with same result. Very frustrated please help.

:)

noelmay1, Aug 22, 2018

2. Cannot create recovery drive or bootable usb using media creation tool

Hi Stuart,

To assist you better with your concern, are you getting an error message upon creating a recovery drive, as well as creating a bootable USB drive? If yes, what's the error message?

In addition to that, have you tried the steps from the following articles:

Regards.

Marque Lor, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Tried to create system repair disk for windows 10 but getting an error "media speed incompatible".

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your time.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below in order to create a system repair disc.

• Run the media creation tool.
    • Select Create installation media for another PC.
    • Choose the language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit) for Windows 10.
    • Follow the steps to create the installation media, and then select Finish when it’s done.
    • When you’re ready to perform a clean installation, turn on your PC, insert the DVD or USB flash drive you created, and then shut down your PC.

• Restart your PC, and then press any key to boot from the DVD or USB flash drive.

To download the Windows 10 ISO refer the link below.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Hope this helps.

Ankit Rajput, Aug 22, 2018
  4. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

1. to fix problem tried to create Installation media on USB drive - Similar Threads - fix problem tried

2. How to create installation media on a USB drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to create installation media on a USB drive?: Hello, I am trying to create installation media for a new PC on a USB. When I launch the media creation tool, I get all the way to the architecture specifics screen, when it tells me there is not enough room on my laptop, with no option to put it on the USB instead of the...
  3. How to create installation media on a USB drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create installation media on a USB drive?: Hello, I am trying to create installation media for a new PC on a USB. When I launch the media creation tool, I get all the way to the architecture specifics screen, when it tells me there is not enough room on my laptop, with no option to put it on the USB instead of the...
  4. How to create installation media on a USB drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB Drives with 2TB not recognizing no media problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Drives with 2TB not recognizing no media problem: [ATTACH] Hi guys. I have a problem. When I insert a 2 TB Usb Drive into my laptop, my laptop detects it but it doesn't recognize it and I check in disk management and it says no media. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  6. Windows 10 Install media tool failing to create USB media

Windows 10 Install media tool failing to create USB media: Hello, I am trying to download Windows 10 to install on another laptop. I have downloaded the media tool from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. The issue I am having is it is not asking where I want to download the files to . It asks what I want to...
  7. Problem in creating usb recovery drive

Problem in creating usb recovery drive: I am not able to create the recovery drive on my PC running Windows 10, through the preinstalled recovery drive tool. Each time it gives me a failure message after 10-15 minutes of working. How can I create the usb recovery drive now? Someone please help. Thanks...
  8. Media Creation Tool, creating a USB installation medium

Media Creation Tool, creating a USB installation medium: <p>I find it unbelievable that this tool simply removes any already set up partition(s) from a USB Stick.</p><p>There is not even a warning that any information stored on the stick's partition(s) (even the ones not needed by the tool) will be lost after using the tool.<br...
  9. Still Problems with Creating a Installation USB Drive for Windows 1903

Still Problems with Creating a Installation USB Drive for Windows 1903: One cannot download the Media Creation Tool for 1903 to make an installation for another computer. You go through the 2 hour routine only to receive that message that it cannot be done because to a USB. Windows said that they had fixed the problem with Update KB4497935...
  10. Trying to create windows 10 installation media

Trying to create windows 10 installation media: On my work laptop I have the issue "Location not available" after a automatic upgrade and following the instructions to fix this problem I have been trying to create a Windows 10 installation media disk on a second laptop (a Lenovo ideapad 110) but get the error "Unable to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mediacreationtool1803 error 0x80042405-0xa001a